Notices

Still not sober

Old 08-15-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Now you’re talking! Make sure to tell that alcohol good riddance or goodbye <expletive> as you dump it!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretchord View Post
It's a game alcohol plays. I'm quitting tomorrow, not 8/18. No more games. Join me?
Let’s do this together!
It’s been 12 hrs since my last drink and had a horrid night.
I’m leaning on Xanax this first day.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It's a game alcohol plays. I'm quitting tomorrow, not 8/18. No more games. Join me?
Yay! How’re you doing so far? It’s early here, I’m about to make some coffee. Would you like some ?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by OracleIam View Post
Let’s do this together!
Awesome! On your last drink, not the horrid night .
Old 08-16-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you decided to quit, SC.

I had all kinds of reasons "couldnt" quit til I accepted that really meant I wouldn't quit. Until I did.

I had to stop ruling out any help I could get and embrace it all, from SR toIRL.

Stick with us- I don't believe we get unlimited chances to get sober. You can make this your last if you choose to, every day.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Let’s do this together!
how you feeling oracle?

Day 1 is here. I had my grand finale/final farewell last night. And of course I was up early morning hovering the toilet. I'm glad it's over and today is the first day of my final chapter of sobriety.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I was struggling hard 4 days ago. I too let my liquor run out, but I knew I had to get sober. So when it was gone I stopped, didn't buy anymore and it was hard the first couple days. I knew that if I had a drink, the pain would go away, but I also knew that if I had a drink, it would lead to one more, then one more, then one more... Then I'd be fighting the pains all over again. I am not willing to do that. I had to think about what was more important, the booze or my life, my family, my job.. You CAN do this!!
Old 08-16-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

how you feeling oracle?

Day 1 is here. I had my grand finale/final farewell last night. And of course I was up early morning hovering the toilet. I'm glad it's over and today is the first day of my final chapter of sobriety.
Now that you've set this date in stone, I am 100% rooting for you that you can stick to it. Truth be told, I did something similar back in 2015 when I quit, I set a day and stuck to it. (had 1 slip). I'm sure you've heard this before but sobriety is simple, but not easy. Expect to have some uncomfortable moments, ride em out. You're my neighbor over their in Wisconsin, I know you guys are tough.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Now that you've set this date in stone, I am 100% rooting for you that you can stick to it. Truth be told, I did something similar back in 2015 when I quit, I set a day and stuck to it. (had 1 slip). I'm sure you've heard this before but sobriety is simple, but not easy. Expect to have some uncomfortable moments, ride em out. You're my neighbor over their in Wisconsin, I know you guys are tough.
Where in MN are you from? I say I'm from Wisconsin because I work there and do all my business there, but I actually live in Minnesota right on the Mississippi border.

La Crosse, Wisconsin, is a horrible town to be sober.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome to day one . I hope you feel better as the day progresses. Remember, you'll never have to go through this again!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

The evening started out pretty peaceful with a bottle of my favorite wine then, of course, it had turn into a complete s***show as usual -- Straw-be-ritas (yuck) and an entire container of Planters cheese curls. **cringe** So much for classy.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Classy was always a compliment I got....til I became a drunk. Now, I get that compliment and more as I live a life of consistency and integrity in recovery.

I had to quit drinking, forever, both to survive...and to reach a life worthy of the high standards I could begin to reclaim.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Yay! How’re you doing so far? It’s early here, I’m about to make some coffee. Would you like some ?
So sweet! ❤️☺️
I spent the day taking things really slow and lazily. (I had today off so I managed to stay in sloth mode all day..)
I’ve been kind to myself, watching Netflix and drinking lots of tea.. coming up on 23 hours without drinking A.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

how you feeling oracle?

My anxiety has been bothering me. Every physical symptom has been a heart attack, maybe stroke and for sure some cancer. (Yes, I have an underlying anxiety problem which is probably the root cause of my drinking..)
As soon as the palpitations started I refilled with Xanax.
Looking forward to a good night’s sleep and I know I will feel so much better tomorrow!

Next step is to take care of the gastritis that too much red wine has caused.. I won’t miss the toilet hovering. 🚽
Old 08-16-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My anxiety has been bothering me. Every physical symptom has been a heart attack, maybe stroke and for sure some cancer. (Yes, I have an underlying anxiety problem which is probably the root cause of my drinking..)
As soon as the palpitations started I refilled with Xanax.
Looking forward to a good night’s sleep and I know I will feel so much better tomorrow!

Next step is to take care of the gastritis that too much red wine has caused.. I won’t miss the toilet hovering. 🚽
I’m in the same boat. Shaky and high anxiety today. I take anti anxiety meds too, but I’m careful to not abuse. It’s a fine line.

We got one day under our belt! That’s something!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good on you Secret for taking the leap. Day 1 is never pleasant. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I've been working out of La Crosse since 2004, during the summers - you're completely correct, it's not an easy town to he sober in. Honestly, one of the biggest drinking cities I've ever been to. But I love La Crosse!

Congrats on making the decision to stop earlier than planned. Just think youre going to be close to 2 days sober, earlier than planned and you'll probably be through the worst as well!

Keep it movin'!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

8-16-18

Good move Secretchord ,....

….. early to the dance by 48 hours ,....

... a badass move , actually !
Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you SC

D
Old 08-16-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
8-16-18

Good move Secretchord ,....

….. early to the dance by 48 hours ,....

... a badass move , actually !
Thanks. It's hard to not see a pattern. Like I said before, 8/18 doesn't exist. It's another day that turns into another day.