Notices

An incredible resource, use it

Old 07-31-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An incredible resource, use it

SR is a really incredible freely available recovery resource and I credit it as a huge part of my recovery. The ability to “touch base” with other alcoholics and addicts on a daily basis through reading/posting on the forum at any time really is invaluable.

If used correctly SR can be a massively influential factor in maintaining happy contented sobriety. It works brilliantly in conjunction with formal recovery programs (which I use) or as a tool to become your recovery program. Whatever works for the individual.

I’m very grateful to have SR as an outlet for my recovery. Use it as it really does work! I have huge faith in the power of recovery from many of the members who have posted on here for many years.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sober style

Beautifully put, truer words were never spoken. SR is the bee's knees! I doubt I'd be sober right now without it.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

100%. I've learned so much here. I was very naive regarding the dangers of alcohol and the destruction that comes with it.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too have learned so much even though I’m still struggling I feel like it makes me stronger the more I read and post
Old 07-31-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR helped save my life for sure

D
Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober. Stick with it people it’s an incredible journey!!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SR is great! It's the only support I've used during my recovery.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My first post here was one of the very first actions I took to start climbing out of a dark dark place.

I hope I never forget how amazing it felt just to see a few people respond with "welcome" or "you aren't alone."

B
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SR has been invaluable to me. The information, wisdom, community, and support is what I credit with providing me with the tools and knowledge I needed to finally quit drinking and get better. It is available 24/7 worldwide (as long as there's internet) and it's free. As a person who never jived with meetings, I've always liked the relative anonymity and privacy of SR, I can get feedback on here whereas with meetings I always felt like the sharing was somewhat pointless, or I can just read and not worry that I'll be seen by someone I know.

I no longer need help with quitting but I like being around others who've been through it too. The community here really is something special, people from all over the globe helping each other with the common goal of getting over their addictions.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Excellent post. I know I couldn't maintain sobriety without SR. I'm very grateful to everyone here.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

There are definitely advantages of SR over meetings no doubt and the ability to get feedback on issues from a variety of perspectives is so useful. Obviously cross-sharing isn’t really allowed at AA meetings so people may often leave without really getting any answers other than the cathartic nature of unburdening themselves of whatever's troubling them. That’s not to say I don’t also find meetings beneficial in ways SR can never be e.g. face-to-face contact, friendships, social life etc.

Like I say they complement each other brilliantly for this alcoholic.

Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The wonderful irony of SR is that you can be anonymous and still feel incredibly connected to the other members. SR is the biggest reason that I am sober today. I love this place.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I remember what it felt like to be new here, and to feel helpless and hopeless. I was made to feel welcome and given encouragement.

Even going on 9 yrs sober, I still come here every day to get and give support.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
SR is a really incredible freely available recovery resource and I credit it as a huge part of my recovery. The ability to “touch base” with other alcoholics and addicts on a daily basis through reading/posting on the forum at any time really is invaluable.

If used correctly SR can be a massively influential factor in maintaining happy contented sobriety. It works brilliantly in conjunction with formal recovery programs (which I use) or as a tool to become your recovery program. Whatever works for the individual.

I’m very grateful to have SR as an outlet for my recovery. Use it as it really does work! I have huge faith in the power of recovery from many of the members who have posted on here for many years.
Same here. I’m nine days away from two years, and my life (inside and outside) is totally different, thanks almost entirely to this resource. If you choose to use this as the resource it is, you are setting yourself up well. I, personally, am so grateful.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes it is. Real people with a common problem addiction sharing their thoughts, fears and hopes. Thank you SR and all the dedicated people who manage the site.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Recovery allows you to be totally present in whatever activity you are doing and be truly grateful and appreciative. So grateful to be sober. By only experiencing the dark are you truly grateful for the light.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is definitely my saving grace
I doubt I would be 7 months sober if this site wasn't available
Thank you all for everything
Appreciate you all
Cara ❤
Old 08-04-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The beauty of SR is that everybody has the power to help others in their posts. There is always something to gain from anybody who posts as people will relate or take strength or remember the horrors of a relapse etc.

Grateful to be sober 🙏
Old 08-04-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Beautifully Broken

SR is the main resource I used to get sober 6 years ago. Along with Rational Recovery.
I was sober 5 years then by my own dumb fault fell off and here I am again. On day 3.
But I know I can do it again with everyone’s help. This time, it needs to be permanent... no excuses.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You can do everything in sobriety that you could do drinking and so much more. That you don’t do is because it simply doesn’t appeal anymore anyway and don’t want to!

It’s a great way of living and freely available.

Grateful to be sober.