Notices

An incredible resource, use it

Old 08-05-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This site is great!!!

I occasionally share about SR at AA meetings. From what I have observed most folks at the AA meetings I attend have never even heard of SR. Although I realize for some folks here this is a substitute for AA I always mention it as a supplemental resource for recovery when I speak about it at AA meetings.

Personally I think that SR and other newer recovery methods have the potential to displace AA as the king of recovery methods. Kind of like the way Amazon disrupted brick and mortar retailers. I have no interest in seeing any recovery method "win" over other recovery methods. I simply hope that as many people find recovery using whatever method works for them and when I watch my children use their smart phones for everything I can see how using SR forum would come more naturally for them. They shop on line and will look for recovery resources on line.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
This site is great!!!

I occasionally share about SR at AA meetings. From what I have observed most folks at the AA meetings I attend have never even heard of SR. Although I realize for some folks here this is a substitute for AA I always mention it as a supplemental resource for recovery when I speak about it at AA meetings.

Personally I think that SR and other newer recovery methods have the potential to displace AA as the king of recovery methods. Kind of like the way Amazon disrupted brick and mortar retailers. I have no interest in seeing any recovery method "win" over other recovery methods. I simply hope that as many people find recovery using whatever method works for them and when I watch my children use their smart phones for everything I can see how using SR forum would come more naturally for them. They shop on line and will look for recovery resources on line.
There’s no doubt that the 24/7 nature of SR is invaluable. For me though as with any recovery method it is the recovery and wisdom that comes from that that is freeely available that is the fundamentally imperative part of SR (as well as AA). The amount of recovery ‘in the rooms’ so to speak.

I value SR so much as I know there is real lived tried and tested solid recovery on these forums.