Notices

Big party... starting to freak out!!

Old 08-11-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I wanted to catch up with your thread too- do let us know hat you had a great time sober, whatever you do to end he big hat way! I hope you find it is the most satisfying party you have ever been a hostess of, and getting to remember it.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well. Don't be afraid to go out or go you bed of it gets too much for you to handle.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I wanted to catch up with your thread too- do let us know hat you had a great time sober, whatever you do to end he big hat way! I hope you find it is the most satisfying party you have ever been a hostess of, and getting to remember it.
Thanks!
Old 08-11-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hope all goes well. Don't be afraid to go out or go you bed of it gets too much for you to handle.
Thanks! Both of those ideas are part of my escape plan! I’m even going to store a cooler of my drinks/snacks and books/blankets in my safe rooms so I don’t have to venture out of them...if needed
Old 08-11-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
I’m even going to store a cooler of my drinks/snacks and books/blankets in my safe rooms so I don’t have to venture out of them...if needed
That's so super-smart of you. I can tell you have planned for every eventuality: keeping busy, lots of NA bevs to drink, and now this. You're going to be celebrating Day 60 with your head up high and a big smile on your face. We're cheering you on!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Still sober!!! Yay! The AV hasn’t even talked tonight. Now to deal with all the drama....sheesh, I don’t miss that!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It’s 11:33 PM and I went to a shrimp boil at my boyfriends house. I got there at 3:30 and started feverishly cleaning and helping him set up and it started with company at 6 PM.

I got my fresh ginger 7-Up and lime drink and it was delicious and when people asked what I was drinking I let them try it and they thought it was so refreshing .

I know my ABF has told everyone already that I don’t drink because no one asked me why I wasn’t drinking . I find that a little awkward I would rather tell people myself .

But anyway ABF got super drunk and slurring his words, wanting to know if I would just spend the night with him . I told him three times that I’m on call for the hospital tomorrow I need to get home to get some sleep . He would not let it drop including saying really loudly on his front doorstep how this “sucks” that I’m leaving . was texting and texting me as I was driving. Then he called me and asked me why I was leaving and why I left and I said I don’t want to discuss it anymore because he’s drunk. I already explained it four times and I was tired of explaining it over and over .

I said I’m concerned about you and I love you and please tell me when you are horizontal in bed so that I know you are OK and please drink some water .

I ended up having to block him for tonight because I do need my sleep because I really am on - emergency call tomorrow morning — and I was feeling rather uncomfortable around all of these drunk people. And it’s not that I was enticed it’s just that I felt it was time to go home .

So why am I feeling so irritated right now? I’m so aggravated with him .

Would appreciate any insight or experiences from my friends here
Old 08-11-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Branches View Post
That's so super-smart of you. I can tell you have planned for every eventuality: keeping busy, lots of NA bevs to drink, and now this. You're going to be celebrating Day 60 with your head up high and a big smile on your face. We're cheering you on!
Thanks Branches!! I made it! Im dog tired and ready for bed but I made it! There was zero AV chatter so that was awesome! I ppreciate your words of encouragement so thank you!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Great to hear, though not unexpected. Good work. Notch in the belt, feather in the cap.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Great job! And plenty of good stuff YOU did to prepare.

My only kindly words of follow up are something Dee and others often mention around here....our minds can feel great from a sober success like this, and sometimes sneaky thoughts of I can handle it now creep in...days or weeks from now. Keep up your thoughtfulness and commitment and I bet you will keep growing in your sober confidence and preparation for upcoming things.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done, Atlast9999!

Like August said, don't let down your guard now, sometimes the AV gets more active after an event like this.

You've got this.

And yeah, drama. That about sums it up with drinkers. Ask me how I know!
Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Great to hear, though not unexpected. Good work. Notch in the belt, feather in the cap.
Thanks Less.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Great job! And plenty of good stuff YOU did to prepare.

My only kindly words of follow up are something Dee and others often mention around here....our minds can feel great from a sober success like this, and sometimes sneaky thoughts of I can handle it now creep in...days or weeks from now. Keep up your thoughtfulness and commitment and I bet you will keep growing in your sober confidence and preparation for upcoming things.
Thanks August. I have seen this type of warning on several threads so I’m not going to ignore this one. Last night, I found myself thinking, “I could so go to Vegas for my friend’s birthday.” Then I realized: Um, no, I can’t. I think that was the over confidence, AV trying to sneak in. I guess this is what it means to remain vigilant.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Well done, Atlast9999!

Like August said, don't let down your guard now, sometimes the AV gets more active after an event like this.

You've got this.

And yeah, drama. That about sums it up with drinkers. Ask me how I know!
Thanks Bimini. I’m taking that warning seriously as I’ve seen it several times over on the forum.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So proud of you - for hosting a big event in style, dealing with drinking drama (not your own!), and doing what is the best and healthiest thing for you and your life. Good on you, as the Aussies say.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good catch on that Vegas thought train