Notices

Snufkin....Snuuuufkin, c'mere.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Please give me yours....I shall open Messenger....and I will print that gorgeous graduation certificate out for you. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 07-14-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
gosh the people in this thread are amazing....I have tears as well. ♥
I know!!! There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am for all the lovely replies, support, kindness and everything...
Old 07-14-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Please give me yours....I shall open Messenger....and I will print that gorgeous graduation certificate out for you. ♥♥♥♥♥
Woah thank you sooo much!!! You are amazing!

Edit: OK, I sent you my address on messanger Love you!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Today we can go a little easy on the pure sugar! This is my elevensies snack every day. The fruit varies, but the yogurt is always there. Sometimes granola, sometimes chopped nuts. I prefer nuts.

Make it a great day, Snufkin.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Yum. And extremely healthy.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

This looks delicious, Bim!

I used to eat porridge with cinnamon, banana and hazelnut butter every single day for two years lol. It was a good habit... I don't eat breakfast anymore. I live on coffee.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

When I was in my twenties I thought alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine were the three macros.

I am now old enough to know better, so I do better. Quit smoking 25 years ago. Down to one cup of caffeine a day. Caffeine is way too stimulating to me, it causes all kinds of intrusive thoughts.

I eat extremely well. Not too much, not too little. I try to get 800g of fruit and/or vegetables daily. Some days I hit that, some days the cookies win.

The whole "balance" thing really suits me and I feel better than I have in decades. It's a process.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I somehow managed to quit smoking a few years ago, but I don’t eat well or exercise at all. I’m trying to beat this drinking-thing before it kills me... but hopefully I can live a little healthier at the same time.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Snuf, sorry that I haven’t been around.

I love your work and didn’t find your Thumbelina pieces too scary for children at all. My guess is that you will be discovered and famous one day soon!

Huge congrats on your graduation!

Well done you!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I'd like to think that too, it's just all the apprentice I know are teens, and I've met this artist who told me that at my age he wouldn't do it LOL.

I was also told by the girl who inked my back, that tattoo artists are usually extroverts, and she can feel the 'negative vibe' from me.

Idk - I guess I just had a bad start to tattooing.
Hi Snufkin! Congratulations on graduating. What a fine accomplishment!!

For what it's worth, I've been reading through your posts and I don't think you have a negative vibe. You come across as sensitive, caring, perhaps someone with a lot of pain - but not negative.

If I've learned anything in my life it's to not let someone else's beliefs about what I am or am not capable of doing affect what I believe I'm capable of doing.

You are clearly very talented. Without sounding too preachy: I hope you can embrace and internalize that.

-sb
Old 07-15-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Off to meet a friend on the coast today to give her birthday prezzies What're people up to? (Bimi - you always make me feel HUNGRY. It looked delish. x
Old 07-15-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

PS Snuf - it's wonderful to hear you sounding positive love Mwah and a hug x x
Old 07-16-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi Yixi, thank you for posting here and I hope you have a great day with your friend!
As for me, well... OK I really didn’t want to post about this, but here it goes... I was positive and ‘stable’ for about 5 seconds, until something happened on Saturday night and I did something stupid and regrettable that landed me in the ER again... I thought they would keep me there as it was my x-attempt, but they patched me up and sent me home. The nurse said I’m already being referred to the hospital so there’s nothing more they can do other than notifying my doctor.

I was riddled with anxiety yesterday and wanted to drink, but I stayed sober, which I’m quite proud of, because my thoughts were driving me crazy and I just wanted to escape everything. Today is slightly better, I see things more clearly and I just don’t understand how can I be so messed up. Things are a bit too much and I can’t focus on my ‘baby steps’.

I picked up a few more shifts from other people, so it’s gonna be a busy week... I’m off today, but working till the end of the week. I’m soooo relieved - I literally cannot wait to start working... having that much time on my own is not good for me at the moment...
Old 07-16-2018, 01:03 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I was riddled with anxiety yesterday and wanted to drink, but I stayed sober, which I’m quite proud of.....
Snufkin I am very proud of you!
It's not easy to see the positive when you're on such a state of anxiety but this is huge sweetheart ❤❤❤
If your baby steps seem too huge then make them baby tip-toes. Just one little thing today to make you feel a tiny bit better.
Anything.
I still remember the days when a shower or cleaning my teeth or making my bed were a win. It is so common to have that crushing anxiety and self doubt.
But you were very brave being honest. I know you find that hard. That's the start of what I pray will be your long road to healing your sensitive soul.
Care for you like you would care for your darling cat today.
We love you Snufkin ❤❤❤
Old 07-16-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I’m thrilled that you’ve been able to pick up more shifts at work.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thank you Gilmer. Yup I really need it... I can’t focus on anything at all and I’m alone most days, so it’s gonna be good to chat with my coworkers, complain about customers and stop thinking for a few hours...

Kinda funny, because I hate hate hate this job, but right now I feel like hugging my manager.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Snufkin I am very proud of you!
It's not easy to see the positive when you're on such a state of anxiety but this is huge sweetheart ❤❤❤
If your baby steps seem too huge then make them baby tip-toes. Just one little thing today to make you feel a tiny bit better.
Anything.
I still remember the days when a shower or cleaning my teeth or making my bed were a win. It is so common to have that crushing anxiety and self doubt.
But you were very brave being honest. I know you find that hard. That's the start of what I pray will be your long road to healing your sensitive soul.
Care for you like you would care for your darling cat today.
We love you Snufkin ❤❤❤
What a beautiful post - thank you Jo... I will just keep reading it until I believe it. I feel like such a failure today.

Ha baby toes is a great idea... I can start with eating something and having a shower. I’m trying to get out of bed.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Snuf - Sending love and support. Happy you didn't drink, but sad that you felt a need to self harm. I like Jo's post in doing baby tip toes if baby steps are too large. Rather than feel like a failure, one can feel a sense of accomplishment in a tip toe. Sometimes I feel that way in my own life too and feel like I should be accomplishing more. A baby tip toe is better than standing still. . I'm glad you have extra hours. Try to stay positive and hang in there. ((SNUF))
Old 07-16-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You really just need one step, Snufkin: Come here first. Come here when you think of hurting yourself. Post, post, post. We don't want you going to the ER.

Hi Yixi, thank you for posting here and I hope you have a great day with your friend!
As for me, well... OK I really didn’t want to post about this, but here it goes... I was positive and ‘stable’ for about 5 seconds, until something happened on Saturday night and I did something stupid and regrettable that landed me in the ER again... I thought they would keep me there as it was my x-attempt, but they patched me up and sent me home. The nurse said I’m already being referred to the hospital so there’s nothing more they can do other than notifying my doctor.

I was riddled with anxiety yesterday and wanted to drink, but I stayed sober, which I’m quite proud of, because my thoughts were driving me crazy and I just wanted to escape everything. Today is slightly better, I see things more clearly and I just don’t understand how can I be so messed up. Things are a bit too much and I can’t focus on my ‘baby steps’.

I picked up a few more shifts from other people, so it’s gonna be a busy week... I’m off today, but working till the end of the week. I’m soooo relieved - I literally cannot wait to start working... having that much time on my own is not good for me at the moment...
Old 07-16-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sending you lots and lots and lots of love and support!
Proud of your strength to keep on keepin' on! Hugs for you from me, my dearest! ♡CR