Notices

46 days Sober.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

46 days Sober.

I have been sober 46 days, after many years of everyday heavy drinking.

I have been thinking about drinking the last 5 days, its crazy to think about drinking knowing that its toxic and kills the body slowly.

I am not overly motivated, seem to be depressed.

I am taking it day by day, easy does it, asking god to lead my path.

How long has it taken you to feel better, physical, mentally,
emotionally, spiritually?

Has anyone found that morning exercise helps with recovery overall?

What are your thoughts?
Old 06-19-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

46 days is great! Congrats!!!!

Do not drink!!!!! You will feel AMAZING if you stay sober.

I find working out, in general, is really good for me, it is a release of all that negative energy that can build up. I find it to be good for that and my recovery, it helps my energy levels, my brain function and my overall lookout at life!

It took me 3-3.5 months before my mind was clear and I was willing to work out. The first 3 months, I was on here a lot, I read a lot and watched TV. My focus those first 3 months was to remain sober no matter what happened. And at one point my brain just changed, and it clicked to move forward with life and I just did it. Moved on to a better, healthier life/lifestyle!

I wish you the best on your journey, it is not easy, but man is it worth it!

-DC
Old 06-19-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 46 days of sobriety!

I think it depends on what you are doing in your daily life as to how long it takes to feel better. I think exercise at any time helps a lot with recovery and it would be a good way to start your morning. Are you doing things during the day/week that are fun and enjoyable for you? I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First and foremost, thank you so much for posting. I need these boosts of confidence to remind myself that long-term sobriety IS possible! 46 days is incredible. I feel so hopeful knowing you’ve made it so far.

I’ve been told many times that it could take years to truly regain ourselves, but to keep in mind that getting sober doesn’t solve everything (not that I thought that you thought it did). Life will be life; it’s challenging, it’s rigorous, it's everything; and if we remain sober, we will know all the fantastically good with the bad. While drinking - and I speak for myself only - I know nothing but the bad, as the bad is all I remember the next morning as I curse myself and my stupidity. One has got to find such utter beauty in sobriety, but with beauty comes challenge. I was taught early on to call pitfalls and drawbacks challenges instead of disadvantages; challenges exist for us to overcome. And you, my friend, have come a long way.

Hats off to you and your accconplishment, and here’s to 46 more days :-)
Old 06-19-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Springforward 46 days is great. As everyone has said it can only get better.
Don’t make the mistake that others and myself have made. Your AV will try to convince you that your ok and that if you drink you will control it and it will be different this time. It won’t!

Back on day 3, had over 5 months sober last year and can’t wait to get there again.

Stay close to SR as I find the longer I go without a drink the better I feel and the less I come on here, then I drink.

Stay strong your doing great!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 46 days sober! It will get better as long as you stay sober. One thing I found that helped me a lot was practicing gratitude every day. It can make you happier too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Springforward
Making a recovery action plan is often a good way to go.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D