Notices

Skin, nails, weight before and after....

Old 03-28-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Im on day 15 and feeling and looking better, but havn't lost weight as seem to be eating more, especially on a night. Im hoping to lose weight but feel im over eating, does this tend to settle down or does anyone have any tips to help. Im so pleased to be sober but put on around 21lbs last year and would love to lose it
Old 04-01-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That’s really great everyone!

I’m just over 10 months, and skin is much better. Red spider veins on nose are still present even after some laser treatment, but overall less makeup. Nose isn’t purple anymore!

Unfortunately about five months ago Someone at work to talk to me into this powder dip nail polish and it was actually acrylic nails. It has a wrecked my nails so they are only about halfway grown out. I can’t wait for the rest of them to grow out so I can see what my sober nails are like.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

My hair started falling out but that was due to keto/low carbs. When I start eating carbs again it grows back.

Taking biotin, which helps.

Everything else is amazing. Tons of weight loss, sparkle in my eyes, blood pressure normal, stomach issues gone, migraines gone.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You Will look better, that's a given. I lost a lot of weight in the first 6 months. I loved to eat junk food when I was drinking.
Later I wound up turning to food as my stress reliever so the weight came back on, so be careful of that, and find healthy ways to de-stress or combat boredom.
My skin always looks smooth & even now, my face was pretty reddish/blotchy toward the end of my drinking days. It really improved in the first few weeks.
One huge plus was my eyes, I'm still amazed at how white the whites of my eyes are, that alone makes a huge difference in my appearance. It took about 6 months I believe to really notice a huge change.

All in all, I look so much better being sober, alcoholics really take on a look, I know most don't want to believe that but they do, no matter what age.

You have a lot to look forward to, eat healthy, drink a lot of water, exercise, and don't touch the alcohol. You will be amazed.

edited to add; Wow, I just realized you are 10 months sober!! That is awesome.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Old 05-26-2023, 05:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Old 11-02-2023, 02:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

This is such an amazing thread!!! Wow!
So much hope here. I will come back to this again and again to remember why I am doing this and what I have to look forward to.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I love this thread
Old 11-03-2023, 09:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all I'm nearly 3 months and feeling amazing. Lost weight without trying, sleep loads better, hair eyes and nails massively improved, skin looks loads better and my menopause symptoms have pretty much gone. The best thing for me apart from no more horrendous hangovers is the joy I'm getting out of life, more energy, more interested in everything and really excited about future experiences and things I've never done before because I wasted so much time on wine. Who knew being sober could be this awesome.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

This is awesome Gym. Posts like this are so necessary & encouraging.
Old 11-03-2023, 08:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I’m only 1 week in and my nails are growing already. My skin looks better. I haven’t lost weight but I feel much less bloated. My skin is extra dry but it’s also been really really dry out. I’ve enjoyed this week a lot. Working out more again, nails growing, better sleep. I got Botox done this week and I love it ! I got it done for wrinkles but also I got the migraines treatment and man oh man did it help. I have a skin care routine now …. It’s crazy after 1 week there is a huge difference
Old 11-04-2023, 08:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I dunno if I posted this before or not, but my nails are growing like crazy since I quite drinking(6+ months) and they are very strong. No more gel manicures needed.
I didn't expect this improvement, but I'll certainly take it!
Old 11-04-2023, 03:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

This thread is a good one to resurrect, for sure.

I don't even look the same as I did 2 years ago.

It's fantastic.