Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part One

Old 03-07-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Nichole I'm so sorry. Yes please go to the hospital immediately and keep us posted. Very scary for you, I'm sure. Is anyone there with you? I will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Evening all!

Had a few iffy moments during the witching hours this afternoon but made it through. I do know that I need to work on posting here (or reaching out to someone) during times like this - the AV loses power in the light.

Nichole - that is some scary stuff. Please get some medical assistance and let us know how you're doing. Praying

Well keeping it short tonight. Hoping some electronic-free time before bed will translate into a good night's sleep. Hoping you all find the same. Grateful to be sober and for all of you.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:31 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're going to hospital Nichole.

D
Old 03-07-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Good evening all, end of Day 13 for me. Still doing pretty well, though I've got some stressful stuff coming up over the next few days related to my work. I'll need to be extra strong not to give in to the desire to drink to deal with the stress.

Nichole, thinking of you! Please send us an update when you're able! Take care!

Good night all,

JT
Old 03-07-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Nichole!!! I wish I'd seen that first post. No you cannot cold turkey from Effexor. That's one of the worst. However, once they give you one at the hospital you should be ok. You 'can' cold turkey off Prozac, because it lasts forever in your system, then it catches up to you, and man oh man, it is a regrettable action. Luckily restarting it helps within a week. I know that story too well. Getting off these drugs is very complex and takes a long time.

Well, the snow has lived up to the hype. It is insane outside. I wish I had a nice wolf to take for a walk out there. At least a big dog. I want a dog so bad. They really save people. It's not an option now.

Snow is quite lovely around here because it usually isn't that cold when it snows. It's probably 28-30F out there which is fine if you bundle up.

It's coming down at 3 inches an hour. I'm hoping the snowblower cuts through it tomorrow. One of man's greatest achievements. Create little plots of land that we need to groom with lawn mowers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, rakes, and brooms, and lord knows what. No thank you!!! You need a $3000 Skag lawn mower if you want it done fast, and a $2000 snow blower, plus you need to go out there and do all that work. And you need a a job so that you can buy that crap, and do work. It's hideous. Surreal. Futile.

I am very sick of the bad acne I get when I drink. It is really deep and just keeps coming. I have a good cream for it. I think I'm at the tail end of it. There might be another round of it at 10-14 days. Detox.

I'm also sick of 'off thinking' I have because of booze or detox. Paranoia, and acting stupidly. Feeling worthless. Hopeless. I want to get stabilized mentally. It causes 'wrong thinking' and OCD.

I just shoved 100 meter path through 15 inches of snow so that my dad can get to his snowblower in the morning. Hopefully it tapers off now.

This Macbook I'm on now, is only a little over a year old and the keyboard is going bad. I'm not going to take it lying down. A month out of warranty and I'm having issues. I googled it and the keyboard is a pervasive issue in the early 2017 Model. I'm going over to the store. I've called 1-800 # twice. Stressful. Annoying. Way too expensive to have to deal with this crap.

My birthday is coming up, I think I'm getting myself a pair of good boots. This is it. 47 was the year of figuring out what is going on physically with me, and 48 is the year of take-off.

Talk tomorrow. Have good night.

Viper
Old 03-07-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Pinion, i feel you about isolating now with hot tea instead of wine. I would say it's an improvement for now! Tea and a book is better than wine and a book. Maybe gradually work in some social or active stuff where you can. Congrats on your time!

ProfD, I really enjoyed your February posts. Glad that you are here. Congrats on not making those occasions a "f**k it, might as well get drunk" thing. I have a hard time with that.

I don't know if I mentioned here that I got a sponsor. I had some reservations when I first tried to get sober about AA. My gram used it to get sober and now has 33 years. But I never enjoyed my strict christian upbringing so holding hands and repeating the Lord's prayer is not my jam. I tried a meeting after my DUI 4 years ago and found it sad and depressing. It was right after 4th of July and everyone was dismal and I didn't go back (and alot of them forced to go by court)

Tried some different meetings in my new town in October, didn't get a sponsor. Stopped going, started drinking. Anyways, I finally found a meeting I liked and picked a sponsor who spoke and I liked the cut of her jib. I don't know her well yet but she invited me to a women's meeting at a 30 day rehab center yesterday.

I went. I listened. Basically we read a few paragraphs about step 2 and then went around the room and these 20 women spoke about their journeys with faith and what it meant to them today.

It was so humbling. It's family week so many of the women had seen their children or husbands. Some women had lost children. Some cried. (I wanted to cry with them) All of them spoke with sincerity and honesty and conviction and pain. Some of them had so much hope. I felt proud to be in the same room with them. All these women trying their damndest to kick the same baffling drug of alcohol.

Anyways I'm trying to say, in my very humble opinion. If you're new to sobriety like me and were on the fence like me, why not try AA. Maybe it won't suit you or your recovery style but why not have all tools you possibly can have at your disposal just in case it does? I'm willing to do anything
to make the awful nightmare of managing my daily alcohol intake stop.

I'm going to keep going on with it for now. And hopefully make some sober female friends my age while I'm at it. One of the other girls my sponsor works with smokes the same American spirits and has the same AT hiking sticker I have. I have a good feeling about it
Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Goodbyeeven, maybe just endure the AA stuff and ignore what you don't like. In a year, after a year of meetings, and doing the steps, reevaluate. I know exactly what you're talking about. I can't take it. But I should have surrendered to it 10 years ago. I'd be all set right now. You hit it hard in the beginning and then maybe you ease off and you're ok. I dunno. It worked for Gram!!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I’m alive yay but feeling like crap nooo so life lessen #250 don’t go cold turkey off medication totally not worth it pretty bad stuff still can’t help to laugh when they say it’s not addictive obviously they never been addicted to anything jeez them fancy city people!!!! They y’all need a little more learning about them withdrawals= addiction but tomorrow if I’m up to it I need some honest straight forward maybe brutal advice and trust me I can take it I can handle the truth and words but I’m not up to power yet just wanted to wish everyone a good day or night whichever it is
Thanks everyone take care y’all
Old 03-08-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I know you feel like crap... but ur still with us ...
Big Hugs ..chick...
Hope you have a better day x
Old 03-08-2018, 12:21 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Day 14

So I'm waiting for glowing skin & glossy hair ???

Not happening

Old 03-08-2018, 12:55 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowlands1 View Post
So I'm waiting for glowing skin & glossy hair ???

Not happening

Are you sure maybe it’s the light setting???? But congrats on day 14 sure Beats a hangover!!! Keep on keeping on
Old 03-08-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're OK Nichole but yeah I say it a lot here - always consult your MD before going off meds - some of them may not be safe to just stop.

D
Old 03-08-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Yikes glad your ok Nichole !!!
Day 2 ... Feeling good ! Slight dull pain under left ribs .... Mmmm don't want to google to much as it will be kidney failing will keep an eye on it.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!

Day five here.

Nicole - so glad you’re okay!! Be gentle to yourself today and get some rest.

Rowlands - congrats on day 14!! I’m sure glowing skin and glossy hair are just around the corner!

Strawberry - Dr. Google is my nemesis. Smart yet stupid at the same time. I’d say I’d it persists see your doctor.

Well off to work. Should be a long day but I won’t be drinking....no matter what

Happy Thursday.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Everyone I’m thinking of you today!!!!
I’ve had 30mjn of sleep and feeling it!!! I can barely stand up.... I have to break the cycle and better myself I’m over everything at the moment I’ve never been so weak in my life but the feeling will pass the day will get better and I’ll make the best of it I have to cause setting here in misery won’t change anything positive thoughts today good vibes I’ll be back with questions I need caffeine first
Old 03-08-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Yikes glad your ok Nichole !!!
Day 2 ... Feeling good ! Slight dull pain under left ribs .... Mmmm don't want to google to much as it will be kidney failing will keep an eye on it.
Strawberry your AV and google have a lot in common they are misleading
Old 03-08-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Samantha have a good day at work
Old 03-08-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 13 jay tee or is it 14 now
Old 03-08-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Nichole, so glad to hear you're ok. Take it easy today.

Rowlands, that's funny, I was just thinking the same thing - "I thought I was supposed to get all glowing now!" (This as I was staring at myself in the mirror looking discouraged). I need to start drinking more water..

Viper, sounds like you guys really did get slammed with snow. Hope you managed to dig out ok this morning! We're supposed to get another ~10cm today, but that's nothing, really. My Macbook track pad just recently stopped working, so I empathize. Hope you manage to get it fixed on warrantee.

Goodbyeevan, congrats on finding a sponsor that you connect with!

samantha have a good day at work.

Take care all, hope you have a good day.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good morning. Have a great day, Marchers!

Good to see you again, Goodbyevan! I've missed laughing at that pic And good to see you too, Viper. Stay safe in the storm. It's a mess out there. But just like cravings, weather passes.