Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part One

Old 02-27-2018, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MARCH 2018

come and join us!

The latest FEBRUARY thread is now here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-2-a-16.html (Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 2)
D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-28-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No better time to join this thread than now - get in on the ground floor

D
Old 03-01-2018, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Wax - looks like I'm joining you here too. My millionth attempt at getting sober
Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
Hi Wax - looks like I'm joining you here too. My millionth attempt at getting sober
Hey Charlie!
me too...
found this on the web.
The energy of this month is all about the transition from rest and reflection to explosive growth and expansion. Be fertile and plant your own seeds of goals, dreams and wishes!

Lets do this!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello March class. I am starting Day 4. I used this site in 2016 to get sober. Lasted 6 months before I picked up my old habits. I really need to stop for good. I have no doubt I will be dead or homeless soon if I continue to drink. I have completely isolated myself and have very little contact with anyone. Got fired last year for drinking on the job. Now spend all my time alone drinking. I need your support!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome guys

D
Old 03-01-2018, 01:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all. Welcome to SR. You have found the right place. I am class of January 18 and here to say this site helps.

I too have relapsed many times, and used this site over the years but this time is different. I have committed to this site, I check in the 24 hour recovery thread every morning and it helps. ODAAT - one day at a time.

Take care and welcome.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also read a lot of posts, and post myself when I am struggling - like today! Its good to be with people who understand. And we do.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all Marchers here on SR.
If you are 1 day or 20 years, I wish you all a healthy and safe journey.

Today for me is 60 days or 2 months and I can say to all who are just starting out that it is good to get here.

I will NOT be resetting the clock to day 1, tried that and that's just diving back into a whole world of crap!
We only get one shot at life!
I don't want my loved ones secretly worrying about me.
I don't want neighbours and associates judging me.
I WANT TO MAKE THE BEST SHOT AT LIFE THAT I CAN!
I believe that I am out of the dark depths, the water is a little clearer and calmer where I am now, I am heading towards the shimmering light.

All the best, Dusty🤣😂🤣Cary on Marching😂
Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am struggling today. I don't want to drink but I desperately want these feelings to go. I know time is the only thing that will heal that. I wish I knew why I kept doing it. It always seems such a good idea but then afterwards I feel terrible. I'd had quite a big gap from stopping in October to now. It scared me a bit realising I'd been trying to stop for 20 years and I'm still here. I've been worse but I wish it would go away.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 7

I've made it to day 7 !
Never in a million years did I think I had the courage or determination to make it this far !
Let's do this 💪💪💪
Thank You so much for this site it inspires ... Motivates & keeps you afloat just when you think is not possible xxx
Old 03-01-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had drunk or drugged for 30 years before I quit charlieworld - I think the more we don't give up the harder it is for us to throw in the towel and drink again.

By the end of my drinking I was just beat - there had to be another better easier way to live my life - and luckily,,,there was.

Keep adding things to your recovery toolbox and your recovery plan & you'll get there

welcome to you too Rowlands1
D
Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had drunk or drugged for 30 years before I quit charlieworld - I think the more we don't give up the harder it is for us to throw in the towel and drink again.

By the end of my drinking I was just beat - there had to be another better easier way to live my life - and luckily,,,there was.

Keep adding things to your recovery toolbox and your recovery plan & you'll get there

welcome to you too Rowlands1
D
Thanks Dee 😊
Old 03-01-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sagstar

Hi everyone,
I am new here today and see a lot of support here. I would love to join in as well and will offer support to anyone else also. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If you don’t mind I’ll like to join you!!! I need all the support I can get!!!! Coming off a bad binge and it’s been a struggle!!! But glad to say day 2!!! I’m hoping to get to know everyone and we can get through this together!!!
Take care y’all

Last edited by xxxNICHOLExxx; 03-01-2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: ..
Old 03-01-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Nichole

D
Old 03-01-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am coming off a bad binge too Nichole. 3 months of near-daily drinking. Been trying to quit for 2 weeks but withdrawals were so bad I had to drink a few beers. Cold turkey can be dangerous. I finally managed to stop without withdrawal symptoms on Sunday. I haven't left my apartment much this week as I am quite sleep-deprived. The insomnia just saps your energy. Slept 4 hours last night. I will be going to AA as soon as I get some decent sleep. I need a haircut and some new clothes but can't handle being in public beyond a quick trip for groceries. I am hoping by day 5, I can emerge from hiding. Detoxing from alcohol dependence is the most excrutiating ordeal I have ever experienced. I had Shingles a few years ago. 2 weeks of intense pain, blisters all over my abdomen, and unable to move. I would choose Shingles over alcohol withdrawal
Old 03-01-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello Nichole and wasting life
Old 03-01-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Morning .
Start of day 2 for me . Yesterday felt so good. Waking up felt so good . No headache medicine necessary , no need to guzzle water to quench my dehydrated body. I know the days will get harder as my inner voice will probably say " see , you can stop anytime you want". I will be ready to say to that voice , NO ! It will never be just one drink with me . It will lead to 3, 4, 5 ,6. It will lead to hours wasted , forgetting going to bed , shaking hands and memory loss.