Notices

Hi everyone!

Old 02-28-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buckley3 View Post
Was hoping to see this. Good luck with your friend. Congrats on taking action to fix the underlying problem.

Booze is such a weird thing. I was thinking today what the downsides are to not drinking. Couldn't think of any, yet we tend to obsess about it and it tends to keep sticking it's head up to poo all over our lives. What's that tell us?
That tells us we are powerless over it and it needs to be erased from our lives
Old 02-28-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welp

Well. Had coffee and hit the gym with my friend. It was fine. Like nothing happened. I’m relieved about that, but also wish I would’ve really sat her down and told her everything. I don’t 100% trust her so it’s hard. I know I should just be happy that it’s ok, and move forward improving myself and not drinking, it’s just hard. I’m very self critical and self hateful. And I care about everyone else more than I care about myself.
I learned something Sunday. I learned that the sober me would never have acted like that. I need to focus on that right?? Fix me before feeling that responsibility to anyone else?
Day 2
Old 02-28-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blondescorp View Post
Fix me before feeling that responsibility to anyone else?
Day 2
Exactly! I am still a work in progress. I need to work out my issues first before I can fix anything else in my life.
I never believed "you must love yourself before you can love anyone else" prior to being sober, I totally get it now!
I think children are the excepting, at least mine is. I will love him no matter what and he is stuck with me! baahaahhaaa. It is so easy to love what I made
Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blondescorp View Post
Dee yes my plan is to stay sober. I’m still sweaty at night, feeling a little headachy but much better.
Like I said to someone else today 'planning to stay sober' is an aim, not really a plan itself?

Here are some great ideas that might help you flesh out that aim a little more with some action

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)
D