Notices

Class of January Support Thread 2018 Part 2

Old 01-15-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Welcome contrite sorry I missed you earlier ☺
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

athomeuk, I could co-author your book on Advanced Bottle Management. SUCH an exhausting saga!

Today is a work/school holiday (MLK) so I'm looking forward to doing some housework and arranging for my kids to get together with friends. Even though I have a lot to do, I plan to take it somewhat easy. Just waiting for my coffee to kick in now, as I slept late and am somewhat groggy. Day 28. Will post more later.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

TYG so happy you are back. Insomnia is one of the main reasons I started drinking and binging almost daily many years ago. As always, please consult with your dr., but have you ever tried melatonin or valerian root? Melatonin is the natural substance our bodies produce to induce sleepiness. You can take supplements to aid in this. Valerian root is a natural root that can aid in sleep and has a pronounced calming effect. They have worked wonders for me. Please discuss with your dr.

Welcome contrite, we are glad you are here.

Athomeuk and Palmersage, I actually found a couple stragglers hidden when I moved out of my last house. I wonder how many I have missed over the years. Who do we think we are fooling? Huge congrats on day 28 Palmersage. Please don’t do what I have been known to do, and celebrate with a drink.

Chickchick, sorry you are sick. You will deal with it and recover faster being sober. Alcohol is proven to suppress the immune system.

Let’s make it a great week by not being weak, everyone.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Checking in at the end (ish) of day 2. Just home after a very stressful and busy day at work. Normally I would have called to buy some kind of alcohol on the way home, but I didn't tonight!!!

After 3 days of not eating I finally have an appetite and so I am going to treat myself to a take away, and watch some naf tv before an early night.

It feels good knowing that I will be sober tonight and not hungover tomorrow!!

I hope you're all having a good day x
Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi all, wow I can’t believe how far this thread has moved on since I last had time to check in. I hope you’re all keeping well!
I’ve been busy with work but had a fab weekend, lots of hiking with my wife and the dog. Watch my son play rugby yesterday and cooked a nice Sunday roast.
Day 15 today and feeling better than I have in along time.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Go Jimuk!!! Keep up that great work. Don't let the good feelings lure you into complacency. Keep working to protect your hard fought sobriety. Visualize the greatness of day 30, 150, and beyond. Let that help you to stay on the healthy path.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I thought I would join you all. I'm on day 4 today. I've tried to quit in the past . . .many times. Usually about this time of year too. Ug.

Anyway . . . day 4 and I've had absolutely NO withdrawal symptoms. And that's scary as hell to me. Like the calm before the storm or something. I'm a little spooked. Just waiting.

It's not unusual for me to go two days without drinking. Sometimes even 3. Can't remember the last time I went 4 days though. Probably last year at this time, and I was craving, white knuckling, dizzy, sick to my stomach, etc . . .

I seem to have none of that this time. Someone offered me alcohol last night at a dinner party, and I swear it was like being offered the flu. I was just disgusted.

I'm standing on strange ground this go 'round.

Today, I will NOT drink. That's my plan for today. I will NOT drink.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome milly4me! I didn’t have a lot of symptoms this time either. I’m now on day 24 and my AV is being very active.

I have absolutely no motivation. I feel so blah. I have tons of housework and projects around the house that I want to do, but I just can’t get going. I went through a point at about 14 days that I would get up and get stuff done. I actually got my laundry caught up. Last few days I’ve been feeling really depressed. I want the energy!

I’m not drinking today no matter what. I may just go back to bed.

I hope everyone is have a great Monday!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Embracing Joys of Sobriety

Joining this thread.....today is my Day 7....looking forward to getting to know you all, learning from your wisdom and experiences and kicking Mr. Bottle to the curb for good!!! He was my AV for the past 3 years. Three years of endless bingeing, self guilt/loath and moments that I want to erase. So many broken promises with Mr. Bottle so I had to break up our relationship! Definitely not Mr. Darcy I was looking for..
Old 01-15-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Welcome Gem! Great support here! And congratulations on day 7!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Milly4me and Gem and congrats on your sober time

D
Old 01-15-2018, 01:41 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newbies 😀

I'm also feeling really blah 😢had low level headache neck and backache last couple of days.

Just hope I feel better tomorrow. Night all.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Cravings were off the chart today. Friends planning basketball games and oyster festivals. I can't even think that far ahead. These cravings today were almost debilitating and exhausting. Freakin war is going on inside my body and mind. When I can't white knuckle it I'm praying and praying some more. It's very frustrating. But back home and ready to read and relax.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Sober Ghoster checking in
Miracle life without getting smashed!
So much energy to burn up with committed daily action plan!!
👍
Old 01-15-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi class..checking the posts.
So many newbies- Welcome! Stick around here it does get better or bearable depending on your situation at the moment

Someone was complaining of body soreness/stiffness. I soak in hot bath with 2 cups EPSOM SALTS for atleast 20 minutes...sweet relief plus they rid body of toxins via the skin. (fact)

Someone suggested Melatonin and Valarian Root for my chronic insomnia it's about 9 or night's straight now...up till 5am. I spose my relapse Thurs middle of night - yesterday didn't help. Amway I cannot take those herbs/supplements as I have prescribed sleeping med Quetapine 100mg. and anything else is contraindicated.

Congrats to all coming back it takes courage.

Those classmates who've made it this far must have read Dees link to developing a plan. I will after my soak in bath.

One more thing - please don't leave the class. We need your input!!

TTFN
P.S. as we say in Canada "keep your stick on ice"
Old 01-15-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TYG2 View Post
Hi class..checking the posts.
So many newbies- Welcome! Stick around here it does get better or bearable depending on your situation at the moment

Someone was complaining of body soreness/stiffness. I soak in hot bath with 2 cups EPSOM SALTS for atleast 20 minutes...sweet relief plus they rid body of toxins via the skin. (fact)

Someone suggested Melatonin and Valarian Root for my chronic insomnia it's about 9 or night's straight now...up till 5am. I spose my relapse Thurs middle of night - yesterday didn't help. Amway I cannot take those herbs/supplements as I have prescribed sleeping med Quetapine 100mg. and anything else is contraindicated.

Congrats to all coming back it takes courage.

Those classmates who've made it this far must have read Dees link to developing a plan. I will after my soak in bath.

One more thing - please don't leave the class. We need your input!!

TTFN
P.S. as we say in Canada "keep your stick on ice"
wow I see I didn't edit
1. Quetiapine
2. "keep your stick on the ice"
Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I appreciate reading everyone's story. Congrats to all for making the decision to quit, no matter what round it may be,

I am on day 15 after a couple of decades(that really was unsettling to type) of drinking wine in the evenings to varying degrees of over indulgence. I feel much better than I anticipated. I quit in October for a while, mainly to prep for an early Nov. surgery and drank again starting around Thanksgiving until the New Year to a lesser degree. However, I knew it would eventually ramp back up to an unhealthy level. I committed to quitting and I am happy to say I have been sober for over 2 weeks!!!

I really feel good. The combination of being sober and my anemia issues improving slightly, thanks to my surgery, have really made positive differences. It's only been a short period of time being alcohol free but I can already feel and see a physical/mental difference. My face has already lost so much puffiness!

Thanks for all of your inspiration!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Day 3 for me. Another unsettled night, fitful sleep and weird dreams. But, my alarm work me up... I'm usually awake way before if goes off. I have a headache this morning but i can say it is most definitely not alcohol induced!!! It hurts but it is still better than any hangover!!

Have a lovely day everyone. I'll check back later x
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Morning all
Thanks tyg I will try Epsom salts.

We lcome donard.

Day 10 for me. Pleased to be in double figures. Going to eat better today try to stop poisoning my body with bad food

Congrats on day 3 sunflower and every else.

It's supposed to snow here today which is very exciting as it never snows here. Totally impractical but exciting 😀
Old 01-16-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

TYG2, YES, Epsom salts! I did that yesterday, too.

Checking in quickly because I have a really busy morning. Day 29. Still no real cravings per se, although my mind tries to wander into "romantic drinking territory" occasionally, which I try to shut down immediately. For me, drinking only leads one place, and that is hopelessness and misery. I hope everyone has a great day, and I will check in later!