Class of January Support Thread 2018 Part 2

Old 01-24-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Milly.

D
Old 01-24-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

That’s absolutely terrible Milly, sorry for your loss.
Why it was terrible that your Addiction raised its ugly head it’s great that you had the awareness and where withall to deal with it. It’s a nasty disease that will strike at our moments of weakness. You are on your way to building the ability to put it back in its place.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I’ve been away for work hence I’ve been a bit quiet. Sorry to hear the sad news, Milly
Still miss a good buddy of mine passed away from melanoma.
Stay strong with the help from here.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

sorry to hear about your dad Scotty

Milly, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. Great job on not picking up though. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jesykah-my sleep has improved immensely just from stopping drinking. I think it takes a few weeks but it's getting better each night.

Kgirl-great news on getting your chip

Welcome to all new members

Feeling pretty bright and cheerful today. Last day of the working week for me, got up early and did half hour on x trainer. Busy day ahead but feeling positive.

have a good day all
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

So sorry to hear about your friend, milly...you are in my thoughts xo

Scottynz...the news of your dad is surely upsetting. I'm so glad you see the gift of staying sober during this time. I wish I had that sense 13 years ago when my mother was sick and dying. I used to take her to appointments while drinking vodka from a water bottle. Time I will never get back.

Trophn.....I have to laugh at your question...I meant to type sober podcasts and it came out as people's decade! Damn spellcheck!! Sounds like it could be a band.

Welcome startingoverNW...we've been on this path together before and I'm glad you are here!

Got up early but a busy day ahead at work.

Have a great day everyone xo
Old 01-25-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Hello Class, I hope Thursday finds you well.
Back to fitful sleep last night. It will take a while yet I suppose. Patience Trohyn.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Milly. I was very impressed with the eloquent description of your thought processes in reaction to the bad news, and dealing with the AV. Please don't think of yourself as a selfish bastard, though.
The recovery "method" that I use (AVRT) has taught me that the AV is the voice of the pleasure seeking "beast" in my primordial brain. IT (the beast) has no morals, any semblance of decency, nor any care for consequences. IT has only one purpose in IT's existence and that's to get me drunk and bugger everything else. I have the power to listen to the AV or (as I have chosen to do) acknowledge IT and dismiss IT. More often than not with language that I'm not allowed to use here on SR.
So, whilst those thoughts were indeed inside your brain, it's not YOU who's the selfish bastard, but IT. You chose to have a bath and share your experience with us. A very wise decision.

Yesterday's yoga meditation was great. Sitting up mindful meditation today, then a nice long conversation with my GSD during today's walk. I neglected his walks for years, yet he has forgiven me unconditionally, so it's payback time from me in the form of long walks.

Love you class.

Last edited by Trohyn; 01-25-2018 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Lovehoops' spellchecker has infected my pc
Old 01-25-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good Morning All (or whatever time of the day it is where you are!),

Checking in for 11/11 of 90/90. Another good night's sleep helping me to feel less anxious still. The anxiety and guilt of the bender and my behaviour still hasn't faded (probably a good thing for focus and reinforcement of why I can't/won't drink), but I'm beginning to slowly build back my productivity and routine.

I'm still not getting up at 6am for the gym, but I forced myself to go after work yesterday when I really didn't feel like it. I did a shorter workout, but I'm so glad I did it. I went home and cooked a thai green curry from scratch, inventing the recipe as I went, which was really nice and a good way of keeping my mind occupied. I also forced myself to wash my hair (has been a few days) and I am so happy I did all those things!

@Milly: I'm so so sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine the heartache you're feeling. Sending you love and light.

@Scotty: Very sorry to hear about your father also.

As you both said, staying focused on your sobriety is the best was to honour your friend's memory/respect and be there for your father, respectively.

I wish you all a strong, sober day!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post

Trophn.....I have to laugh at your question...I meant to type sober podcasts and it came out as people's decade! Damn spellcheck!! Sounds like it could be a band.
Damned spellchecker!!!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:15 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Off to bed so new thread time is now

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html

D