Notices

what a difference a day makes

Old 01-02-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a difference a day makes

Now that Christmas and NY have came and went I am so relieved .
I was never going to drink at either Christmas or NYE and didn't but I was tested on 1st Jan which was always a day for my extended family to get together . After the short phone calls to brothers and sister wishing each other happy new year etc my mood took a nose dive . I didn't want to drink but I admit I was very very tempted to try it for just one day . I wrestled with these thoughts for a number of hours and to make matters worse my wife and daughter were invited to the priests house along with others ( he does this every year i,m told ) . They stayed about 2 hours as I prepared dinner and boy was I in a stinker of a mood , poor me poor me . However it eventually passed as evening set in which by this time I knew the day was coming to a close so just watched TV and pigged out on chocolates .
Was in bed for 10pm and slept not too bad ,up at 8 am and I feel much more positive .
If anyone relapsed please get right back on the wagon and for those who struggled but stayed sober well done .
and best wishes for 2018
Old 01-02-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done - I think a lot of us had a similar struggle - feels so good to have got through it, doesn't it
Old 01-02-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I should add that by being part of SR had a huge bearing on me not picking up .
Some might think SR doesn't help but by reading and posting you do learn and strengthen your sobriety and I also believe it works at a subconscious level too. .
It has been my experience in the past that the longer I thought about drinking the less chance there was of me doing it . When I relapsed in the past it was very very spontaneous and for no apparent reason .
Old 01-02-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you made it through hpdw

D
Old 01-02-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! I fell down when I got to that point last week and I regret it but got myself back up again. It sounds like you are doing amazingly well. And I agree...I think SR works on many levels. Absorbing all this information everyday is so supportive. I'm really happy for you. Gabe xx
Old 01-02-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr

Glad you made it through too.
Onwards