View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hpdw

what a difference a day makes

Now that Christmas and NY have came and went I am so relieved .
I was never going to drink at either Christmas or NYE and didn't but I was tested on 1st Jan which was always a day for my extended family to get together . After the short phone calls to brothers and sister wishing each other happy new year etc my mood took a nose dive . I didn't want to drink but I admit I was very very tempted to try it for just one day . I wrestled with these thoughts for a number of hours and to make matters worse my wife and daughter were invited to the priests house along with others ( he does this every year i,m told ) . They stayed about 2 hours as I prepared dinner and boy was I in a stinker of a mood , poor me poor me . However it eventually passed as evening set in which by this time I knew the day was coming to a close so just watched TV and pigged out on chocolates .
Was in bed for 10pm and slept not too bad ,up at 8 am and I feel much more positive .
If anyone relapsed please get right back on the wagon and for those who struggled but stayed sober well done .
and best wishes for 2018