Notices

Class of January Support Thread 2018

Old 01-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Earth Child

its day 2 not day1 ( always forget that it after midnight )
Old 01-02-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 2 GrantMeSerenity - and congrats to you on day 4 sunflower and day 2 Clark

welcome Magnumcat

D
Old 01-02-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm in too. I'm really a December stopper but late (21st). Made it through Christmas and New Year which wasn't as bad as I thought. Day off today before back to work tomorrow. Hoping to achieve something rather than counting down the hours before my 1st drink. Isn't it great not having a hangover?
Old 01-02-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Welsh member.

Good morning all.
Going to start my sober day with a wash and shave, followed by coffee, then meditate for 20 minutes. Next I'll walk my dog for half an hour, return home for another coffee and write in my sobriety journal.
Other vague plans for the day include;
Studying mindfulness on palousemindfulness.com as per andyh's suggestion in Secular Connect ions,
Cooking something nice for dinner,
Being nice to myself,
And, obviously visiting SR a lot.
Hope today finds you all well.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello

First time here, three days sober and woke up for the second night in a row soaking wet. Not much close to me as far as AA goes, been reading for a while now and am excited I found this site.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Welcome to the class Katmitch JVO14 BTlover fhl41, GrantMeSerenity, Magnumcat, clarkkent,Pulaski & Ccro

Welcome Shell, that sounds terrifying but great your husband is supportive.

congrats to everyone on their days, whether committing to day 1 or getting through the early days and clocking up the days.

Sunflower-hope your day back at work goes well. Isn't it great to feel good I'm back at work tomorrow and pleased I'll be on day 5 and not day 1. My moods at work over last few weeks have been inconsistent Hungover or early withdrawal over and over, snappy and just wanting to be left in silence which in an office isn't great. That's the past now

Congrats on getting through Christmas and New Year Pulaski

sounds like a lovely day trohyn, enjoy

Last day off for me today. Going to drive into town to get some food shopping although the weather is horrendous and gales forecast for later this afternoon. I just need to get out of the house tbh, been hibernating for days which has been lovely but need to do something else now. Maybe get a walk later if the rain eases and then exercise.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
RAL
Old 01-02-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ccro View Post
First time here, three days sober and woke up for the second night in a row soaking wet. Not much close to me as far as AA goes, been reading for a while now and am excited I found this site.
Ccro I have been exactly the same! It's horrible isn't it! Thank goodness I don't share my bed with anyone, that would of been super embarrassing!
Im also on day 3. Haven't had any cravings... Yet, but it's early days and I guess I'm still buzzing from the fact its a New Year!
Loads of great support and advice on here. Recently got myself a new plan, apps, books etc, what about you?
Old 01-02-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ccro

D
Old 01-02-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am back and trying again

Hi all
I joined 2017 class and did not last long. I must stop drinking and need help. Today I am ok but I need long time support.
I pray for hope and strength.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Pulaski, I quit late in December too. Today is day 16. Back to work and school today for our family...it was really tough waking up early, but I'm anxious to resume normal routines (except for the drinking one, ha). The holidays have been pretty stressful, and I'm looking forward to some "new normalcy." My biggest challenge right now is irritability, it is seriously off the charts with my family. Wishing everyone the best today!
Old 01-02-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

Tang- my expectations used to be low but it does get easier and each day feel a bit stronger

Coming up to 9pm here in Scotland. Many people go out drinking today here too, as last night as tomorrow Jan 2 is also a public holiday in Scotland. I'm back to work Wednesday and looking forward to getting back to normal routine.
If you can get sober in Scotland of all places, anything is possible.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
If you can get sober in Scotland of all places, anything is possible.
you made me smile reading that Tang Hope you're feeling ok today.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning all. Thanks for the welcome from everyone. Start of day 4 for me. One more day off before back to work (a short work week!). Good to see all of the encouraging comments here. Going to get in some exercise and research meetings near me today. Peace. We got this. BC.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello! Just logging in at the end of Day 5. But as MidnightBlue said, its not all rainbows and unicorns. Don't know why but I feel like my stomach is bloated. Because of that, I am not sleeping that great so am tired tonight. I have upped the vegetables and water in the hope that will help things. Again, no thoughts of drinking today! Great!

Have a good day and stay safe those in UK! Storm on its way!!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning class.
I am up before the kids today. That has honestly been a struggle the past few weeks. Depression and drinking just about every other day really took a toll. But I am happy to be sitting here in the sunshine with a cup of tea. It look a like such a nice day out, lol but it is -4 here at the moment. I look forward to another day of movies and games though. I've got knitting and spinning to keep me occupied. Plus laundry and food to cook.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Belated Happy New Year to everyone.
Around 2 years ago I posted here in total desperation. Some very kind folk reached out to me then and offered me a hand, which I took. Thank you!!
Unfortunately, I let that hand go a few times, and stumbled along alone it seemed, but always managed to keep SR in my sights.
2 years is a long time to let pass. My children are now grown ups and lead independent lives and I am very grateful that I kept myself active through sport yet on reflection, I cannot help but think it's been another 2 years wasted for me.
I'd love to join and am ready to commit for good this time. Day 2 for me.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Goodnight Northernlass. I assumed (incorrectly!!) that you were in Northern England but now guessing you're in Aus hope you have a good sleep and your stomach eases.

enjoy your day Chickchick. Sun sounds wonderful even if it is cold.

Welcome back youcangetthere

I've done some baking and cooking this afternoon and did half hour on cross trainer although I struggled

No thoughts of drinking.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

RAL imagine how much easier crossfit will be after a month sober! Atleast you are trying. I'm giving myself a pass on really working out this month unless I feel like it. My goal is to get 10,000 steps in a day for January.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Glad you are back youcangetthere!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy Day After New Year's Day to everyone!

Day Two is behind me and I will be on Day 3 as of midnight tonight. Planning lots of new tools to make this stick this time around!

Shell - I can only imagine what I would do if someone recorded me in a blackout! I have had some real "doozies" in the past and would not want to see or hear myself. I am glad your husband is supporting you in this....so very important!

Take care, everyone! I won't be posting every single day, but will definitely be reading every day.

LHW