Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt. 2

Old 12-22-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Loui84 View Post
My AV is really at me right now !
Don't listen. Get yourself a coffee or tea and take a deep breath -- and then tell AV to STFU. Be strong.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

JohnDoe-What you said is the worst part. Knowing the medical issues and it's not enough.

Dee- I guess that I should clarify. I'm not giving up on not drinking for Christmas and wedding. I'm going to try. I'm just trying to be realistic that if I can't, there is a line in the sand. I'm with everyone here.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

My AV is really at me right now ! Cleaned the whole house while kids were at school ... Fed all the animals... Fire on storms outside ... AV tells me it's Christmas weekend ... You worked so hard today to get ready ! Put ya feet up and have hubbys mulled wine ! Just one .... To get in the spirt
That one won't be "just one". You know that, right? It happened to me. I said "just one" holiday beer to relax and start holiday planning turned into 5 days of non-stop swilling and feeling all "happy" for the holidays. Until it was way too much and I had to stop. I had the worst withdrawls ever. Ruined my holiday plans and cheer. Hoping to be alright to visit my parents with a real smile but, I have no presents or baking or finished sewing project because alcohol made me put all that on hold. It is selfish like a spoiled little brat that demands all your attention and money and energy.
So please be strong. It won't be worth it. Take it from my last horrible "just one" AV request.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sometimes I hate modern communication. A friend of mine just sent me a picture - there's a group of them at a supermarket, filling a trolley with booze for a party tonight. A party I have declined to attend. Not gonna lie - I am jealous.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
That one won't be "just one". You know that, right? It happened to me. I said "just one" holiday beer to relax and start holiday planning turned into 5 days of non-stop swilling and feeling all "happy" for the holidays. Until it was way too much and I had to stop. I had the worst wd ever. Ruined my holiday plans and cheer. Hoping to be alright to visit my parents with a real smile but, I have no presents or baking or finished sewing project because alcohol made me put all that on hold.So please be strong. It won't be worth it.
Yes! Yes and Yes!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

May I join here as well?
I'm new to this group as of yesterday. Had my last drink for my boyfriend's birthday on Wednesday night. Now I'm wrapping up training at work today. I will be tempted to go out after. Tomorrow I have to go to a party where I'll be tempted hard. And Christmas day, I will be tempted from the second I wake up with Bailey's. I will be relying heavily on my partner for support. A sober sister, a friend who is trying to sober up herself. And of course you all. Glad I found this forum.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Don't forget me....I am on Day 5 already feeling stronger but, still trying to let go of the thought that I had 2 months sober before I picked up a holiday beer. I think Erratic has come back to join us , too.
Damn! I knew I would forget someone! However I left the best until last.....

My AV is really at me right now ! Cleaned the whole house while kids were at school ... Fed all the animals... Fire on storms outside ... AV tells me it's Christmas weekend ... You worked so hard today to get ready ! Put ya feet up and have hubbys mulled wine ! Just one .... To get in the spirt
Don't do it! You're better than anything that is being whispered to you.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredwoman View Post
Sometimes I hate modern communication. A friend of mine just sent me a picture - there's a group of them at a supermarket, filling a trolley with booze for a party tonight. A party I have declined to attend. Not gonna lie - I am jealous.
I’m with you on that it’s oddly warm here in Indiana and it’s Friday aka payday and I got a txt saying there is going to be a field party down the road and those are my favorite but I’m putting my foot down and goin to stay home and be good for the weekend we both will thank ourselves tomorrow morning when awaking up sober stay positive one day at a time
Old 12-22-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Countrylife View Post
I’m with you on that it’s oddly warm here in Indiana and it’s Friday aka payday and I got a txt saying there is going to be a field party down the road and those are my favorite but I’m putting my foot down and goin to stay home and be good for the weekend we both will thank ourselves tomorrow morning when awaking up sober stay positive one day at a time
Payday here too. It is almost 6pm and I can already here music in the cars passing by. There is a real energy in the air this evening. An energy that is synonymous with partying and music and booze. I will admit it is attempting to infect me. I am just trying to keep busy.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm on day three and feeling great, positive, and grateful!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm in day 2 after a bad binge...I did a lot wrong..I don't have the urge to drink but I feel terrible and guilty that I wasn't home with family and I wasted money on what I thought was fun at the time...looking at my wife I see pain in her eyes...wish I could take the pain away...for me and my family
Old 12-22-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toughroad1209 View Post
I'm in day 2 after a bad binge...I did a lot wrong..I don't have the urge to drink but I feel terrible and guilty that I wasn't home with family and I wasted money on what I thought was fun at the time...looking at my wife I see pain in her eyes...wish I could take the pain away...for me and my family
Stay strong. You can beat this. One step at a time. I have found that not thinking about the bigger picture is the way to go. Take it a day at a time. When I think about going 365 days with no booze I am very intimidated. I just look at it a day at a time.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks for the help
Old 12-22-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedom1438 View Post
I'm on day three and feeling great, positive, and grateful!
Keep going!!! Wish you well.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi December class! Can I join?

I'm a long time member and this isn't the first class I've joined, but I am so hopeful this time. I love that it's such an active class,...I'll try to catch up on the members and posts later today.

Today is 14 days for me and though I'm coming down with the flu, it feels so much better than a hangover.

I saw that some of you are looking to lose weight. My weight was at it's highest in July of this year while I was drinking. As I started drinking less, the weight slowly started falling off (2 pounds a month) but I've lost a total of 10 pounds since July. I'm sure it was the alcohol and munchies that followed. So, don't give up hope.

That's about all I have for today. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi all. Ugh, my pattern of drinking every other day is just awful. I would be so greatful if I could pull it together and be sober into the new years. So I will keep trying.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 5, feeling pretty good

Hi everyone!

Welcome to all the new December class members! It’s such a challenging time of year to try to be sober, so I think this class has so much gumption and strength. It’s amazing how much empathy I feel for everyone on here- people I’ve never even met face to face. I think it’s because trypically in my day-to day life I just stuff the pain, shame, and guilt somewhere out of the way and try to function normally. Having a handful of days sober makes me realize how much pain is just stuffed away all the time, and brings it to light. I know everyone here has their own pain they’ve been dealing with and it makes me so so sad. There are so many intelligent, compassionate, kind, bright people here. But we all feel so worthless after a relapse, or from square one in recovery. It’s like we can’t see who we really are. It’s been like that for so many years for me. I don’t want to hate myself anymore, and I don’t want anyone here to hate themselves either. It’s LOVE! That’s what I feel for everyone here. And gratitude. Thankful for you being here, and thankful for this site.

I’m in Alaska, so my morning posts are last. I get to see how everyone’s day is going when I check in. I get to see what sobriety is doing for people in the future

Peace and LOVE December!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Magpie82
I’m with you on that I hate on myself a lot and feel hopeless and like giving up sometimes it feels like a fight I can’t win who I became isn’t who I want to be and isn’t who I am but everyone’s support keeps the fight in me and stories I’ve read give me hope I hope everyone on here keeps fighting and recovers from this nasty disease
Old 12-22-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Great to see Flower, ToughRoad and Optimist join.

Welcome.

It's a tough one during the weekend in December when we're all so new to sobriety. Let's keep doing the very best we can and posting messages of support to each other.

Regards,

JT
Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning from over the horizon.....Magpie, I'm in OZ so usually first into the new day. I get up and read over breakfast what has happened here.

Hi and welcome to the new people who've come on in overnite. It's a hard time of the year to quit but a good one. Pull through Christmas New year and we should have a good start on building what Dee calls 'sober muscles'.....

So, Sat morning here....the Christmas Eve street buzz will start early and continue on into the afternoon. I live right in the bar and café part of my city....so it gets active and goes late. Probably not the best place to be at this time of year. Yes, I envy the ppl sitting around outside the bars being social.
But don't envy their mornings, lol. If I'd started drinking yesterday afternoon, I'd be drinking today.....then tomorrow, which would mean a ph call to cancel.
Been plenty of those.

Ok....have dealt with a lot of this Christmas by just ignoring it. But this morning will have to go out quickly and sort a few things before retreating back here with plenty of soda water, dark chocolate and stuff to do.

Have a good day all.....will be following along. We only have to do these next few days for the time being. Can think about the rest later.

All the best, ppl.