Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt. 2

Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Welcome hills
Old 12-21-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Countrylife I'm so ashamed of myself but I know it gets better.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Don’t be ashamed of your self I’ve had more drinking days then sober and I look at it as a life lesson you live and learn as I’ve been told stay strong and positive and the only way is up post before drinking it’s save my butt a lot were all in it together your not alone everyone on here is amazing we can add our days of sobriety up together and it will get better
Old 12-21-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

G'day hills and welcome. We all know how cr*p day one is. But stick with us....it really does get better. Is the Christmas 'celebration' gonna be a problem for you?
All the best...
Old 12-21-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

On day one. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined. I cannot continue going down this destructive path.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredwoman View Post
On day one. I know I have a long way to go but I am determined. I cannot continue going down this destructive path.
Welcome... you got this!!! Stay strong
Old 12-21-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Ms tiredwoman.....
Stick with us for the next few days and you'll be not so tired....
Old 12-21-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Hi Ms tiredwoman.....
Stick with us for the next few days and you'll be not so tired....
I kne without this site I would be drinking right now.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
G'day hills and welcome. We all know how cr*p day one is. But stick with us....it really does get better. Is the Christmas 'celebration' gonna be a problem for you?
All the best...
Christmas will certainly be tough. It's literally one hour at a time for me but all I can do right now is not drink today. Thanks for welcoming me it means so much to me. I feel so hopeless and alone.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and welcome back to all the newcomers here

D
Old 12-21-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hill's

Spoil yourself over Christmas. Spend the alcohol money on something else.
New Year is the killer celebration for me sober. Always used to be party of the year.....
Old 12-21-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I know I've already stated my plans, but I want to wish all the new ones here success. I have felt like crap the last few days. Doing a little better today but still disgusted with myself. Better times are on the way.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day three of sobriety. Feeling pretty good. My mind and body have mostly recovered from the insanity that was last weekend. I feel ready to exercising again, and plan on starting tomorrow morning. Felt a twinge of temptation at the grocery store when I walked past the booze, but it was easy to ignore. I just thought about how I made the commitment to myself to check in here everyday for a while, and didn't want to come back on my second night as a member and tell people that I already slipped. With the wife working a night shift, it would've been easy. But waking up without a hangover is pretty nice.

I hope everyone else is doing well. And If not, don't beat yourself up too much about it. We will get over the hump and eventually leave this in our past, until it is only a distant memory.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hills, we are all behind you.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hills View Post
I'd like to join the December class, which is something I've been meaning to do for awhile. I suppose it's better late than never. I've been following everyone's progress on here and I want to be part of this class, everyone is so supportive and non judgemental. I'm on day 1 (again). I'm hungover and feeling awful but all I can really do is say that I won't drink today.
We are all very familiar with that shame. I know I've felt too many times to count. But we have to start somewhere. I was hungover two days ago, so we're both starting at about the same time. I know that I need to change my mentality. If I tell myself that I will inevitably slip up, then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So I'm trying to be optimistic, and positive, which doesn't come easy to me. But there's no easy way to change. Now I'm just rambling.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tiredwoman- we're all here with you. I never knew a lot of stuff until I came to this site. My cardiologist would talk to me but until I read stuff here, I really didn't understand. There are other people that are going through the exact same thing. I have learned that here. Keep posting and stay around.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

JohnDoe- I'm going to ramble a little here. I have been hungover for 4 days. I already have my excuses in place for drinking the week after Christmas with my daughter's marriage. I know it's not an excuse, but looking at reality. Reality tells me that stubborness will set in on December 31st. I think my life expectancy is not long if I don't stop then. I saw on my cardiologist screen the last time that I was there that I had alcoholic cardiomyopathy. Wow. I have been blessed in my life. I hope to be blessed until December 31 and then I can beat this crap.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bob I really hope you reconsider and don;t allow your addiction any quarter. It's already stolen so many years from you - why let it steal even one more day, let alone another week?

You're going to have to draw a line in the sand sometime.

It's going to be hard whenever you do it. but the longer you leave it the harder it will get.

You'll have support - my advice is do it now , not later

Don't let fear dictate your actions - you dictate your actions.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Dee, I love your support and knowledge. I have felt like crap and understand what you're saying. I just know me and what's coming up. I'm just trying to be realistic. I also know I'm just putting it off, but at least I know now that my line in the sand is when I get back on the 31st. I'm all December group or I'd wait. I love the December group.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Dee. I know you are right.