Administrator

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt. 2

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 12-20-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks dee ☺

Feeling good today again. Positive and mentally so much better. 2 days left at work before 11 off so looking forward to relaxing sober family time and plenty of reading.

Hope every is OK. Stay strong
Old 12-20-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This class is large now and very active, so it's hard to respond to everyone individually, but I appreciate everyone's contributions!

JustTony: Sorry for the low mood. Just hang in there and worry about the cruise later on. I have had the tendency to worry about a future event where I might drink, and then just drink now to get the worry over with and say it's a done deal - I can't not drink, which has been terrible for me. Hang in there!

ChloeRose: Welcome and so good to see you here! I remember you from October. Christmas movies in bed sounds like a good way to deal with it. I binged watched Hallmark Christmas movies on Sunday while wrapping gifts. I'm so sorry you are dealing with sickness and withdrawals - may each hour be better for you!

BobDrop: I'm with you if your Day 1 is going to be Dec. 31. Stay with us and let's make 2018 alcohol free.

Willow: I see you're from Ireland. Very cool. I'm Irish and want to visit there very soon! Lived in the UK for 2 years and never made it over, but I will!

Sweetichick: I'm sorry about your daughter's birthday. We are here for you.

Louie: Isn't it great to wake up feeling like you do today and have coffee and take on the day? Congrats!

LoveHoops: I laughed a little about the bottle of rum. I don't like rum either, though when I was in college, Barcardi and Diet Coke was the the drink (well, one of them!)

Dee: Thanks for the new thread and all that you do!

Magpie: Welcome to the group! So nice to see you here.

Benjamin: I hear about about the struggles. It's so hard this time of year when everyone else is partying. But, this is a better plan for us!

Emme: I'm glad you got some wrapping done. It's a lot of work, isn't it? I'm so so so sorry about your Mom. I really feel for you. My Mom is my best friend and her health has been failing the last couple of years and it's breaking my heart. You have a friend and supporter here! Congrats on Day 16, you're doing great!

As for me, I'm hanging in there! Went to see a movie "Ferdinand" with my son on Monday night. Was fun! Last night went to yoga for the first time in 11 months. It felt really good. I have had a shoulder problem which has prevented me from going, it felt great to be back but there were so many new faces that I didn't know anyone! Two of the teachers gave me a hug and were glad to see me back.

Today is my daughter's birthday so I've got a lot to do. We're having a little get together at my house for her, so I want it to be fun. Family only, but should be nice. I've got errands and stuff to do today, so will be busy. I will get through this week!! Take care all.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there tony ... Just don't drink! And tomorrow is a new day and will be a happy one!!! I would love to go on a cruise !
I work in a beach bar in the summer time and have no idea how I will pass my time at work with drinking free cocktails all day! But let's stay sobor today and we can pass these bridges when we get to them!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Juno-Thanks for the support. Feeling so bad right now that it might be more urgent than a particular calendar date.

Thanks Hoops.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day two. I feel good. There is no more wine in the house, so the temptation is not there (it was all re-gifted). Five years ago I got to my goal weight, and I stayed there, easily, until the last couple months. The bender I've been on since September ... ugh ... I'm up 15 pounds. I know I can lose it again, with focus, but I've made a plan to start back to weekly Weight Watcher meetings and start tracking all my food. If you're not familiar with WW they use a points system. I am EXTREMELY motivated to not be my former fat self; this will help me stay sober, because alcohol is extremely high in points.

I don't know when alcohol became a problem for me. I'd like to say it has just been this past year because I have (since losing all the weight) been very health conscious and careful about what goes in my body. It has been a helluva stressful last year ... I think that has contributed.

All this being said is I am not taking any of this lightly. I know I have a problem with alcohol and I know in order to be healthy and fit and sober I cannot have even a single drink.

Being on Weight Watchers points is great for me to say no to a drink. "Sorry, I don't have enough points!" ...
Old 12-20-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Day 3 here. Today is the toughest day of this week for me where I really need to be in two different places, but I just can't. I'm looking forward to taking a deep breath at the day's end and being grateful that it's over and that all is well. I hate to approach a day with that attitude (that I want it to be over), but it is what it is and there will always be days like that I suppose. Thankfully, they don't come very often!

I love to respond to each post, as it helps me stay connected to each of you, but today it's just not possible. I'm so glad to see so many wonderful people here sharing, unloading and supporting. I can relate to every one of you in some way and that helps me not to feel so much alone, but stronger in a sense.

I hope you all have a really great day and I will check in this evening!

Thank you all so much for being here!
~BF
Old 12-20-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Before I go to work, just wanted to say thank you to each of you. Unconditional support is rare.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BreakFree View Post
Good Morning

Day 3 here. Today is the toughest day of this week for me where I really need to be in two different places, but I just can't. I'm looking forward to taking a deep breath at the day's end and being grateful that it's over and that all is well. I hate to approach a day with that attitude (that I want it to be over), but it is what it is and there will always be days like that I suppose. Thankfully, they don't come very often!

I love to respond to each post, as it helps me stay connected to each of you, but today it's just not possible. I'm so glad to see so many wonderful people here sharing, unloading and supporting. I can relate to every one of you in some way and that helps me not to feel so much alone, but stronger in a sense.

I hope you all have a really great day and I will check in this evening!

Thank you all so much for being here!
~BF
When I have a day like that (that I just want to be over) I try to look for the little things, the little positives, milestones, to get me by. At the end of today, you'll look back, smile and be glad it's over and realise it's not as bad as you thought it was going to be.

My entire week is like that. I work retail and Saturday is my last day of work before xmas. I'm looking forward to that. The days at work aren't so bad when they're busy. I think today is the worst of it because I am working with a staff member who doesn't know how to keep herself busy and will ignore customers to play with the store cat. I hate having to be the nag who has to constantly put her back on track. Anyway, her issues are not mine and I won't let it drag me down.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/evening
Day 1 again can’t seem to get out of the hole I dug for myself so off to the doctors today hopefully to get some help best wishes to everyone
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another day

Woke up without a hangover this morning. This is my day 3. Had a tough time sleeping, but that’s to be expected for me in the first week or so. I have a casual dinner tonight with my old boss and coworkers. I haven’t spent much time with him since he had a stroke, so I really want to see him. Also have some cookies to give him I made for the holidays. Just concerned about the temptation to drink. Anyone have an idea for a special non alcoholic drink at a restaurant?

Bob- hang in there buddy. We all totally understand the feeling. It’s hard, hurting ourselves for so long. You are a beautiful person. That’s what I have to tell myself- under all the hurt I’ve caused myself, there’s a good thing down there somewhere. It’s time to be nice to me.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Think my christmAs drinks this week will be hot choc in the evenings and a cold club soda with ice and a slice with meals! I'm drinking way to much tea and coffee ... Need to stick to water !

How you feeling tony ? Good night my sobor bed! Excited to wake up feeling good !
Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Countrylife View Post
Good morning/afternoon/evening
Day 1 again can’t seem to get out of the hole I dug for myself so off to the doctors today hopefully to get some help best wishes to everyone
Good luck at the doctors xxx
Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Loui84 View Post
Think my christmAs drinks this week will be hot choc in the evenings and a cold club soda with ice and a slice with meals! I'm drinking way to much tea and coffee ... Need to stick to water !

How you feeling tony ? Good night my sobor bed! Excited to wake up feeling good !
Still on a bit of a low Loui but there is no temptation to drink. I think I'm just a bit run down as this is our busy season at work.

I have this ambition (and have had from the start) to see 2018 in completely sober. I want nothing to get in the way of that.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Made a big step today went to doctors which I’m glad I went through with it cause he told me things I needed to hear I have high blood pressure do to alcohol and he pretty much said if I keep doing what I’m doing there won’t be a happy ending in my life so if I want a happy healthy long life I better stop the drinking now he gave me some stuff for my anxiety and to help with my addiction but I want to see my kids grow up and become parents more to life then partying and drinking I think I might of grew up some today hopefully blue sky’s from here on out I never seen it as life or death situation until today I’m in it for the long haul no turning back best wishes to everyone stay sober and positive
Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Ezra..planning on doing weight watchers January 1at (maybe 2nd)...I've had success on that before and I'm still a member. I'm at m heaviest weight now ...ugh...

Glad to see everyone here..stay strong xo
Old 12-20-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lunchtime Thursday downunda......reading thru posts here.
Sober Christmas, New year a great thing ppl.....very relaxed. Never my favourite time of year, brings to the surface all the family issues which lie dormant and ignored for the rest of year.
Sober, I can pretty much detach from the whole thing and cruise through it with minimal involvement. In the past I've got on a plane to fly away at times to just not be around for it.

Sooo....I'm with you Tony. Sober NY will be good. No hangover Jan 1st will be even better.
Country....glad you're still here. Sounds like a wake up call from the Dr.....

Up and out for a run this morning....makes me tired later in the day which I don't like. But the sleep is great. Day 25.

Later.....
Old 12-20-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good job on 25 canguy! Way to keep it up. And country, I’m glad you got support/ wake up call from your doc.

I’m about to leave work to meet my old coworkers and my old boss for dinner. I haven’t seen him at all lately and he’s someone I care about. He had a stroke last year, and then his son of 39 years old died towards the end of last year. He’s done a lot for my career, and been a good friend in general. I’ve had some guilt about not being in touch. Bottom line, I’m going. Problem is, they will be having drinks I presume. I’m on day 3. I’ve been on SR intermittently all day hoping to garner strength to pass on drinks. I almost feel as though I can’t enjoy myself or others company at this time in that setting without booze.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I would like to join the class of December 2017. I think that if I post in here periodically, I might be less inclined to drink; because it would mean announcing my failure. This is day two with no alcohol. I currently don't have any desire to drink, but I know I will when my semester begins in two weeks. If I can go into it with a bit of momentum, I think I will be more likely to resist.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Back at day 1

I slipped a week ago, and stopped checking in because i was too embarassed. I see I am not the only one.

I have been going to meetings. I started working through a SMART recovery workbook, and read the linkso info Dee pisted for new people. Even taking antabuse, which just gets me drunk faster. But something happened every night. Later and later. I expected to fail. And so i would walk down the street and pick up some wine.

Today, I decided to take it one day at a time. One hour, really. Something is starting to sink in. And reading about other folks not sleeping well when drinking made me want to really change. I waste so much time in bed, because the alcohol wears off at 3 am and then i can’t fall asleep for another few hours.

I want my self confidence back.