Notices

Motus Est Vita. Weekenders Thread November 16-19

Old 11-16-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi I'm on the bus! I like dancing but don't often get round to it.... I do walk to work tho. ... I will admit it's not far!
Having a seriously down week ... especially at work.... staffing changes.... not for the best..... brought the whole department down. It making it very difficult to pretend to be positive. I keep hoping if I keep pretending to be positive that eventually it will become second nature to me.
Hugs to all
Xx
Old 11-17-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I'm in!

Congratulations on shotgun Mish!

23 days is fantastic HaS!

Uber busy at work (it always is this time of the year) Self care and exercise has been of the bare minimum variety.
Thanks Sao. I'm pretty chuffed. Lol
Simple things make me happy...like being shotgun.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all <yawns>

Old 11-17-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, Andy)

Hi, Mish and Petals.

Old good song which is greeeat to move to.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Loving the music clips! I am putting together a playlist of upbeat stuff to walk to. In case I ever walk.

Good Friday morning! This week FLEW. I have to work a bit over the weekend, but it is all ok.

Petals, sorry about your work shake-up. Know how that is. In my company, almost every week we hear of another previously respected and cherished person with eons of knowledge and top-notch skills...being laid off. Don't know how it will ultimately go for me, but I still think I see a year ahead.

The fact that drinking is finally off the table for me...not an option...is such a relief. Everyone who told me they were more comfortable once they really got clear on this...they were right. My mood and energy level have slowly continued to rise, despite external circumstances. In fact, i see those same external circumstances, and their evolution, in a completely different light.

That change in attititude ( off the table for good) did not happen right away. It took some time and some lapses and more time, for me. But with enough distance from drink...it came clear.

I feel so lucky, so grateful. Life is still nuts. But I am not. Wow.

Last edited by BixBees505; 11-17-2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Selpin. Spetling. Spelling. ;)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

This is great. I'm only a week in but could really use some weekend support. I love your advice. I'm going to walk the doggos.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Another Friday night.

Not a reason to drink.

It is a reason to plan a great meal, go to the store, pick up fresh ingredients and make it! I've created a dish this week that's delicious, because I had stuff to use on hand. My cooking skills have increased and my food bill and waistline have decreased right along with it. I spent $5,000 less last year on food/alcohol than when I was drinking. That's a lot.

Today I will do my normal five mile hike up and down the local hills.

Get out there y'all. You'll be glad.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I am back from the gym - weightlifting and cardio for me today.

Having tea.

I'll be back soon)

Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I walked around the neighborhood this morning. It was sunny and fairly warm, just cool enough that the hoodie served its purpose, and I didn’t have to take it off halfway through.

I got a good bit of my most challenging homework done, and I worked very hard, researched thoroughly, and looked at past assignments to improve on past mistakes. I double and triple-checked and corrected dumb errors.

I honestly don’t think I’ll get a great grade, because I never do—but this time I can honestly say I did my very best.

Whatever’s to be will be.

Now I have to go out on three errands, including going to the supermarket to shop for guests who are coming for dinner.

I feel very good.

Two days ago I was so down I wanted to crawl in a hole.

When you hang on and don’t panic, things get better.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Mr

For the weekenders ;

Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

it is a beautiful day here, warmer than it ought to be for time of year, but undeniably lovely. Just a few more work hours, then make dinner. Dinner will be a desperate recombinant left-over melange. But I like to make a point of “eat it all”, so left-overs are just fine. My “cooking week” starts again tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I am back.

It's really weird. I had just about 4,5 hours of sleep today and I feel ok.
It's technically time to go to bed, but I don't fee like it.
Finally got to some cleaning. Because it's high time)

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Life is still nuts. But I am not. Wow.
I just love it, Bix!

Violet - Welcome to weekenders! Congrats on a week sober. Walking dogs is of the most enjoyable kind of exercising ever.

Gilmer - Someone said that it's quality of effort what matters. I totally agree. Good luck with grades!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Bimini - I love cooking too. Though since I moved into my apartment I've had no opportunity to cook - still organizing the space and no cooking appliances.

But I have a hot plate now! And I can revive some of my cooking routine again.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I知 in. I work tonight until 9 pm then back at work at 8 am tomorrow. I知 actually glad though. I知 making plans for tomorrow night. Either go watch the sunset at the beach or go to church.

Sunday I知 off work and am going to be taking a beginners tennis class. (Assuming this nasty cold is better.). If I don稚 go to tennis, I will find something productive to do to keep my mind off of drinking. I will definitely be attending an AA this weekend as well.

Those are my sober plans. Hope everyone has great safe weekend!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

As my handle implies - RunFasterSober! AND, that's what I plan on doing. This thread just motivated me to set up an early Sunday morning run. Something I would've hesitated doing before, cuz who wants to cut the Saturday night drinking short because they have a run the next day, right??? Welp, no longer need to worry about that!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Sinderos!

Sunset at the beach sounds like a dream to me. Enjoy! And good luck at your tennis class.

RunFasterSober - Welcome to weekenders! Glad to have you here. You are among like-minded folks now - we can perform all kinds of activities on Sunday morning)

As for me I am having my regular routine tomorrow - boxing+kickboxing. But I am considering something totally different on Sunday (usually it's either my day off the gym or I do some swimming) . I am thinking about taking a ...classic choreography class))) Why? I could use better stretching and flexibility for kickboxing. Well, we'll see.

I think I should go to bed already)

Those weekenders whose day is just unfolding - have a great one.

Those who enjoy sober Friday night - congrats on the official start of the weekend.

Newcomers who are still considering sobriety as an option - give it a try. It's an entire different Universe so worth exploring.

See you all))
Old 11-17-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Long walks, pilates and free weights. I'm in
Old 11-17-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Bix - There is a good quote “It's easier to act your way into a new way of thinking, than think your way into a new way of acting.”

As much as planning is crucial, I believe it's important to maintain balance of planning and acting. Otherwise there is a danger to dive into analysis paralysis which become a stress factor in itself.

My first boxing trainer told me once: "You are thinking way too much. Punch!"
Nice! Thank you, sensei.

Here's a song to go with the thread:
Old 11-17-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
In!

This is so important to me that I really think it is the #1 most important thing in my sobriety. Exercise.

It clears the mind. It slows me down. It gets my mind off of itself and allows my body to work the way it is intended. I often recommend in Newcomers that a five minute exercise session as soon as feet hit ground in the morning is a cure-all for morning anxiety. It helps regulate my appetite, therefore my weight is stable and healthy.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
because I'm the lazy type. I know exercise would make me feel better, but I never quite seem to be able to summon the motivation ...
Motivation is irrelevant. Now drop and give us 50 press-ups. ;-)

(Actually for me the biggest accomplishment is just getting into position and doing the first one -- I can usually do from 8 to 12 once I get started.)

Hahah at the kitty yawn sequence.