Notices

S.A.D seasonal affective disorder

Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’ve got a blue light. It’s simulates a very bright blue sky. Im sitting in front of it right now.

I agree with midnight blue. Excercise helps a lot.

Where I live it clouds over in November really doesn’t clear off until January. I like winter. Just wish there was more daylight.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am grateful for all your experiences , suggestions and what works for you in your part of the word .
Today I took a bus ride into Edinburgh to the Apple store ( not the fruit market the Phone makers ) . The weather was milder and quite bright and I actually felt not too bad but for a pain in my knee ( i'm 61 so I guess par for the course ) .

I,m going to research some lamps and take the plunge and buy one .

On the drinking side of things ! I am so so grateful for my sobriety and can truthfully say that alcohol never came into my head on my trip today .
There,s a story involved though but I promise to keep it short .
Sat on a bench eating a hotdog then I phoned my Mrs to tell her her iphone was going to take an hour to repair , all good . An older gent sitting at the end of the bench came closer to me for a chat about televisions !!! within seconds I smelt the whiskey off him . He wasn't too badly dressed and clean shaven ( not that I judge by dress ) but the conversation got onto drinking as he asked me where I drink around here anyway I said "I don't drink now " he said " a day at a time ?" I couldn't beleive it , he was on a relapse an AA-er . Our chat went on for the best part of an hour , we shared various experiences and in the end we shook hands and I moved on , as I did I saw the 35cl ( half of a full bottle) of whiskey at behind his feet .
I think this chance meeting helped us both .( I find it strange how I attracted this situation ) . I prayed as I walked on that this man could find his way back to sobriety .