Notices

Had to fake drink mooonshine

Old 11-07-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Are you afraid of him?
No I am not afraid of him, but he never tries to be nice and this was his way of being nice. And I thought if I said no he would take it as a F you.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The ironic thing of this situation is that I was trying to find my son. You see this was his step brothers wedding. Well my sons friends were also there and one that he regularly hangs out with was drinking a beer. His parents knew about this. He is 17 years old. My son is 16 years old. I knew my son was hanging out with him. I wanted to give my son the evil eye and say don't you dare think about it. As I was searching for my son, there was his dad asking me to join him and others for a moonshine chug. The whole situation was weird. Well, we didn't stay long after but my heart hurt the whole night because I didn't know if my own son would drink or not. I had to put it in Gods hands and hope for the best. In my heart I don't think he did. But his dad and step mom have always been o.k. with teenage drinking with her own son (the one getting married). Very odd situation all the way around.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
The whole situation was weird.
I would agree. I am glad you did not drink the moonshine, but to be quite blunt it doesn't sound like a "good" relationship at all. If you have to pretend that you are drinking just to get his approval that's not a healthy relationship for you by any stretch of the imagination. Your decision to be sober is something he should respect.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
No I am not afraid of him, but he never tries to be nice and this was his way of being nice. And I thought if I said no he would take it as a F you.
welp, im thinking from tbe drunken me here now.
amazing how some alcohol in me would take me from absolutely despising someone into them being my best friend.
in other words, that coulda been the booze talkin.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Weddings can be weird.
Exes can be weird.
The whole situation sounds like it was a bit surreal for you.
Take care.