Notices

Halloween Weekenders Thread 27-31/10

Old 10-27-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mr

Ok for the videos D.
Bimini / petals, I bought a neilmed kit last week. .. cant believe i didn't find it sooner.
It really worked wondrers (for me)
Old 10-27-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Mr

It can never get repeated enough mecanix :
"..... focus on now"

I havent adopted writing a list yet. Must start trying.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good morning, good to see you Mecanix, I hope you are well.

6.00am and still dark here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20171028_060239.jpg (36.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 10-28-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all. Gettin' ready to go grocery shopping. We normally do it Friday nights but last night didn't work out so I went to bed early instead.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks Sao ,

V man , just a technique i use to get some traction , stop thinking and start doing .

Laters, m
Old 10-28-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday morning from a chilly Vermont Been a long hard week at work. It's tough seeing young people make such horrible decisions --I was holding the trash basket for a young lad who decided to drink before school....it wasn't pretty but at least he is on my radar now along with the rest of his bad decision making friends -

I'm going to focus on rest and relaxation this weekend. Last weekend was hiking and biking. I'm also going to hold deep respect for National Chocolate Day today!!!!
Old 10-28-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

((((((Tetra))))))
I agree with others--that was no way to manage people and I'm sorry you had to go through it.

Mecanix, I write lists too, but hadn't thought of the "little things" idea--makes tackling "the next thing" do-able when feeling stressed.

I managed 6 miles on the trail in the rain yesterday.
The Autumn leaves were lovely, as was the rain on the lakes.
My puppy wasn't too sure of this water falling from the sky soaking her fur,
but there were squirrels to chase and smells to smell, so she adapted.

I came home to some hot soup and made my first batch of chili for the season.
No beans per Texas requirements (hubs used to live there) but plenty of
steak, ground chuck, fire-roasted tomato and a piquant mix of New Mex
red and green chili, cayenne, and oddly enough, Korean chili which is really
dark red, medium hot, and has a nice fruity bite. Delish. . .
Old 10-28-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Mr

Beautiful day here today.
Happy out and about with the Dog.
Weekend moving along nicely... time for a mug of tea.

Easy on the candy now.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

"Easy on the candy" as if.

I already went through a bag of Snickers almond and a bag of Almond Joy and I was thinking now I'm done with buying candy till Thanksgiving. And then soberclover mentioned National Chocolate day...hm...there is a specialty chocolatier nearby. Maybe I could make an exception.

Lists, I'm female. It's in my DNA right next to, "Clean the dishes." When I was drinking I had all kinds of fanciful lists of stuff that couldn't have gotten done in any one lifetime. Ugh. I threw out lots of notebooks of "ideas," when I got sober.

Today is big city downtown day - Dia de Muertos celebration. I love everything about the culture (except the adamant patriarchy.) It's supposed to be nice weather so that's helpful since I'm taking the bus.

Yesterday I made chicken and rice soup and it's so delicious I'm thinking of taking some with me in a thermos. Next up, chili; sorry Hawk's husband, there will be beans. At least I'm doing dried beans/rehydrated myself - so they will be as tasty as possible. Korean chili sounds interesting.

Okay...oh! Glad I've started a new trend with Weekenders of saline rinse. I've been touting it for years. Anything to avoid a pill.

I have hacks for all kinds of stuff, thanks to my "Medicinal Herbal" book.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi all. I deeply admire (and guiltily envy) you people who do miles on trails or streets. Sigh.

Gorgeous day here. Sunny and chilly. Had a light freeze overnight. I’m doing indoor work...more of the same, building on the momentum of the massive garage cleanout to go though closets inside. I am still drinking coffee at this sinfully late hour, but can hardly wait to tackle the hall closet!

I’ve felt pretty shaky about drink, and each morning I am in this lovely sober condition, I am relieved and grateful.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey, I posted this question on someone elses thread...want to ask this crew...

Do the short term memory issues resolve after awhile? I assume this is result of my drinking history over last few years...It took me awhile recognize that it seems to be lasting longer than any other negative effect. Is it unrelated, or can I expect improvement? What gives?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders SoulShine!

Bix my short term memory did improve though maybe not 100% - maybe an age thing too for me.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Do the short term memory issues resolve after awhile? I assume this is result of my drinking history over last few years...It took me awhile recognize that it seems to be lasting longer than any other negative effect. Is it unrelated, or can I expect improvement? What gives?
for my first couple of months of sobriety my short-term memory was shocking, but it's pretty much back to normal at four months-ish. well, normal for me, I do a lot of going into rooms & forgetting what I've gone in there for, but as Sao says, I'm putting that down to age
Old 10-28-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Mecanix, detailed lists like that are a lifesaver for me. Not so much for getting things done, but for the dramatic reduction of panic I feel from putting my overwrought and paralyzed mind in order.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Happy Sunday everyone. 5.48am and I'm awake. This weekend is going far too quickly.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Have a good day Mish. Nearly Sunday here.

More Halloween flavour

Old 10-28-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

He's miming but it looks like Herman can really play guitar

D
Old 10-28-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Tetra, I really feel for you. What an awful experience, and so poorly handled by the manager! It's very unfortunate when one drama person ruins the workplace for others. You should be so proud that you didn't hide away and are handling this with grace. It's great that you have support of your wonderful father, your best friend, and that you're recognizing the good points of this job too. Can your consultant be of any help to you in this situation? I completely hear you about small talk being a waste of time, but it's almost a necessary skill. It puts people at ease around you, and you're wise to make attempts in that direction. It is quite possible to learn, and you may even enjoy it a little when you do. It sounds like there are some friendly faces in your work place and you can start having some pleasant exchanges.

I have my share of mortifying work experiences, most related to speaking up. Another awful blunder just happened last Friday too and brought on negative attention of my manager. He's now scrutinizing my every word and putting it into my review and goal for the next year, recommending Toastmasters. I've been to Toastmasters and even made it through two speeches, but I have the same aversion to it as I do to AA (no offense to anyone please, but structured public sharing is just not for me). I tried looking at it as a necessary tool, but no, just no. I will have to find another way. Putting me under magnifying glass is only making me more nervous and my performance in the speaking department so much more bumpy. I think judging people on their weakest point is not helpful, and we could all benefit from a little kindness and understanding...
Old 10-28-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have always had very bad short term memory, I did notice that while shopping I can remember the bulk foods bin number long enough to find a tag and write it down. That's an improvement I suppose..... what were we just talking about?
Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Went out with a good friend and his wife for a meal to celebrate his birthday yesterday evening (Saturday). He shared a bottle of sparkling water in solidarity.
Happy sober Sunday, all.