Notices

I am scared

Old 10-27-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I didn’t drink every day. To hold my career and family in place I stayed off booze 3-4 days a week. Yet the way I drank when I did drink classifies almost as stage 4 alcoholism. Don’t kid yourself about the days off drinking: some of the most serious alcoholics have that pattern.
I agree - I also used to be on a 5 days off / 2 days on routine and it was was happened on the 2 days on that really mattered!
Old 10-27-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am not dismissing my drinking at all. I am describing my pattern. Though I don't have withdrawals, it has already cost me enough physically ajd mentally, preventing my meds from working and isolating me. It has tested my relationships and I am trying to stop it before I slide more. I see a psychiatrist and an addiction counselor. I am just describing my triggers. I need to lose weight besides drinking anyhow as it is affecting my health. I am a naturally small person and my body is rejecting the alcohol and weight, so concentrating on both is imporant. Binging and eating sugar will just prolong my health issues. I know I cannot fixate on my weight, but I can take steps to fix it, and the drinking of course.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Babescake,
I could not take on alcohol and weight at the same time, but if you think you should do the combo, more power to you! If there’s one thing I’ve learned here on SR, then it’s that there seem to be several different methods that work, but it is also critical to choose a method that fits one’s own personality.
You are fairly early in your recovery, how do you deal with the sugar cravings?
Old 10-27-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babescake View Post
I am not dismissing my drinking at all. I am describing my pattern. Though I don't have withdrawals, it has already cost me enough physically ajd mentally, preventing my meds from working and isolating me. It has tested my relationships and I am trying to stop it before I slide more. I see a psychiatrist and an addiction counselor. I am just describing my triggers. I need to lose weight besides drinking anyhow as it is affecting my health. I am a naturally small person and my body is rejecting the alcohol and weight, so concentrating on both is imporant. Binging and eating sugar will just prolong my health issues. I know I cannot fixate on my weight, but I can take steps to fix it, and the drinking of course.

I’ve posted a lot about my weight and eating here. I haven’t as much lately because my weight leveled off, but I know what you’re saying. If you restrict it’s a trigger, if you gain weight it’s a trigger...it takes balance. Hard to do but necessary and I’ll still figuring it out.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have never been a sweets person. Even with days off from drinking, not saying I cannot develop stuff. I used to eat tons of fruit but as i kept drinking, no desire. So if and when cravings come, i will try to supply with fruit. I know how to be healthy. I did it for 30+ years. I have a sodium problem. Runs in family. Gimme potato chips over ice cream any day, sober or not. I KNOW I can do this, with the food at least. The alcohol is my concern...