Notices

Day 6 - Gone downhill - Panicking - Feel scared...

Old 10-17-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - Gone downhill - Panicking - Feel scared...

Hi Everyone,

I'm on day 6 sober, each day I've posted quite positive things and apart from the tiredness I've not felt too bad.
I work from home and suddenly sat here feeling terrified!

I don't know if it's just normal withdrawal anxiety or what but I feel so odd.

I had strange experiences in the night, opening my eyes but then struggling to move for a minute or two, was very scary, now a metal taste in my mouth...

I'm feeling like I'm just being daft and this is all normal anxiety just suddenly feel so frightened and emotional...

Anyone else had this? I've got myself in such debt with my binges so I can't just get back to bed I have to work today no matter what so I need to get passed this...

Really struggling today
Old 10-17-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery cn be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, Kit,

It helped me to think of these fears as my body and mind healing, rather than there being anything to actually be scared of, if that makes sense?

D
Old 10-17-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Just feel so scared, you can't have a seizure 6 days after stopping can you?
Got myself so worked up but surely I won't. I didn't drink daily, was heavy binging but the last binge was 7days straight and I consumed alot but I thought if I'd have a seizure it would of been when I was in bed having the sweats, shakes etc etc...

I went through that then just been left with extreme tiredness but now I'm convincing myself I'm going to faint.
Hope this doesn't last long.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’m really sorry to hear you’re struggling. I don’t have a great deal of sober time but I know I felt pretty groggy and anxious the first week. After that things did improve. Also, I know you have to work but don’t overload yourself if at all possible. I hope things improve soon.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Always check up with a doctor if you're really worried but in general 6 days is well outside the usual time frame for seizures Kit

Dont go Googling symptoms, either

D
Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, Kit.
Welcome, and good for you for quitting.
Maybe your mind and body are just having a Whew! moment.
Takes a bit of time for everything to adjust after stopping.
Eat if you are hungry, try to drink lots of water, and get a bit of fresh air if you can.
This will pass. You can do it.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone!!!!

Right now I don't know where I would be without the support on here, it's such a lifeline.

There's no way I could even leave the front door right now, really not myself at all at the moment. I guess it's going to be up and down, I'm prepared for it just hate this feeling of being so scared and not knowing why.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

those were times I found it useful to get out.... to connect with other humans - get to an AA meeting, go meet another sober friend for coffee.... get out of my head and out of my isolation and into a healthy setting with other human beings face to face.

This forum was also really helpful for that - but nothing is so powerful as an actual in-real-life hug and conversation.

hang in there, it's gonna be awesome.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks

I have a good friend coming round after work, she is a recovering alcoholic and been sober a long time now so probs the best company for me. I'm going to hers for t, told her I may be very quiet or having a panic attack in the corner lol but she's been through it so understands.

I have my first ever AA meeting tomorrow night.

I'd love to just walk my dog now but I feel the anxiety is so strong today I won't.

I'll muddle through work the best I can till 5pm then get myself moving with my friend then hopefully I'll feel a bit more ready to go to this meeting on my own tomorrow.

Thank you again for the help and advice!!! Really means alot, feel calmer already just from this post and feedback, just having a chamomile tea whilst posting and reading then I must try and get back into work.