Notices

Very New

Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Howdy Prosper & welcome! This is a great place with lots of helpful & encouraging advice. I couldn't even vacuum my house or scrub a bathroom without a beer within reach. I was a daily drinker for over 30 years and am about to celebrate 5 months sober. I don't post a lot, but I come here everyday & it has really helped me.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome!

Detoxing from alcohol can be unpredictable and dangerous. Be prepared to talk to your dr if you are concerned.

I hope you plan to abstain from alcohol. Moderation doesn't work for alcoholics, though most of us here have tried it. There is freedom in abstinence.
I think i am going to try and start monitering to see if i can cut back little each day. When i was just drinking beer i was fine. But now the years of the bottle has caught up to me.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Labatty View Post
Howdy Prosper & welcome! This is a great place with lots of helpful & encouraging advice. I couldn't even vacuum my house or scrub a bathroom without a beer within reach. I was a daily drinker for over 30 years and am about to celebrate 5 months sober. I don't post a lot, but I come here everyday & it has really helped me.
Keep up the good work
Old 10-05-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you're back!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by davesnothere View Post
Glad you're back!
Thank you
Old 10-05-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Prosper, it's good to meet you! 😀
Old 10-05-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by davesnothere View Post
Have you tried going to bed sober yet?
I tried for my first time last Saturday night. My wife and kids were gone for the night. Friday night was my cities october fest. I partyed hard. Even threw an after bar in my garage. Probabaly a 4-5 a.m. going to bed night. I defiantly dranka bottle of patron to myself. Went to work super hung over. When i get home from work and wife and kids were gone for the night i decided tonight is the night im just gonna stay up and watch tv while im super hung over. 3 a.m. comes and i have the chills under a bunch of blankets. Once i threw up 9 times is when i realized i need alcohol. I drank vodka and beer. This is when the problem i have was for real
Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Prosper View Post
I tried for my first time last Saturday night. My wife and kids were gone for the night. Friday night was my cities october fest. I partyed hard. Even threw an after bar in my garage. Probabaly a 4-5 a.m. going to bed night. I defiantly dranka bottle of patron to myself. Went to work super hung over. When i get home from work and wife and kids were gone for the night i decided tonight is the night im just gonna stay up and watch tv while im super hung over. 3 a.m. comes and i have the chills under a bunch of blankets. Once i threw up 9 times is when i realized i need alcohol. I drank vodka and beer. This is when the problem i have was for real
Try again, is sucks believe me I know.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

if withdrawal is bad for you, why not see a Dr this time Prosper?

D
Old 10-06-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. The first week or so of sobriety can be rough. It gets better the longer you're sober. If detox is that bad for you, why not ask your doctor for some medical help in getting safely thru the withdrawal? Meds can be given, short term, to ease the w/d anxiety and reduce the risk of seizures.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I went to bed at a decent time last night. Drunk obviously. Woke up 3 a.m. more shots and beer to pass me back out. I think you guys are right. I might need a hospital for this one. I just dont know what to do. I am the only income for my family. I have a loving wonderful wife, a 3 year old son, a 2 year old son and my daughter will be born next month. I am our only income. If i have to take time off of work my family will struggle. What do we do then? I have 3 jobs. I am a real estate agent, i am a landlord for 15 units and then i bartend at night. Go figure... an alcoholic bartender lol
Old 10-07-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

but won't if you don't get help Prosper? where will your family be then?

D
Old 10-07-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You are in a precarious situation. Accept the “utter defeat” you are feeling as a result of alcohol yet be forgiving of yourself since you do suffer from a medical disease. Please don’t feel ashamed for feeling that you are letting your family down just because you are getting help for an illness.