Blogs

Notices

Energy Flows to Where the Focus Goes

Old 10-07-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Energy Flows to Where the Focus Goes

Really starting to notice that is a fundamental truth. There is a danger of over thinking being AF and feeding the AV nagging that you are missing out.

Divert your attention into productive things time passes and then realise you haven't thought about drinking or missing it. Then you are pleasantly surprised and realise you can be quite content and in the moment without alcohol. That is how you build an AF habit, don't be obsessed about stopping.

Exercise gratitude for the improvements in well being and relief that you are no longer killing yourself. Remember the hangovers and feeling like crap and be relieved you don't need to do that anymore.

I have just spent 2 hours doing my accountants messing with spreadsheet and trying to import transactions into an accountancy software for my business. I was totally absorbed in something I was actually putting off doing.

This site is good but too much time on it can lead to a negative focus and over thinking AF. One thing the AA teaches you is to monitor your thoughts and behaviour and if they aren't helpful cast them aside. The serenity prayer is so simple but brilliant.
The Following User Says Thank You to stephengb For This Useful Post:
columbus (10-08-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This site is good but too much time on it can lead to a negative focus and over thinking AF.
You forgot an 'in my opinion' there.

Some people find redemption in AA or NA, or Smart or other groups.
Some people use AVRT.
Some people find help in counselling or inpatient or outpatient rehab,

I firmly believe wouldn't be alive if not for SR.

I'm just glad that all of us on this journey have the opportunity to end up where we want to be

D
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
columbus (10-08-2017), Maudcat (10-07-2017), pooky (10-07-2017)