Blogs


Notices

The 13th is approaching

Old 08-12-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
Hi Chilled!

I hope that you feel a bit better talking to everyone here. There are probably enough of us around 24 hours to keep talking. No one can stop time, Chilled. Hang in there...this, too, shall pass.
Seren is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Member
 
columbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 659
Again.

Speak about it.

You will be enlightening us

and helping your fellow sufferers.

You are not alone.
columbus is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to columbus For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Again.

Speak about it.

You will be enlightening us

and helping your fellow sufferers.

You are not alone.
I don't know what else to say, I'm a psychological wreck. 31 years old and I feel like my life is over, I don't even see the POINT anymore! Why even keep TRYING? For what? This nightmare existence?

It's horrific, its unfair, its cruel and I don't see what I have done to deserve this!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
You haven't done anything to deserve it, Chilled. What you do deserve is a chance, a chance to get real help and live the best life you can. I may not understand exactly how you are feeling, but I do feel the fear in your writing.

Please keep talking it out!
Seren is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,506
Blog Entries: 1
You're in a far better place that you were a few months back Chilled - try not to lose heart - you are definitely getting somewhere

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You're in a far better place that you were a few months back Chilled - try not to lose heart - you are definitely getting somewhere

D
Maybe you can see something I cant? Its hard for me to tell where I am because im inside of me and you are outside if that makes sense?
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
You haven't done anything to deserve it, Chilled. What you do deserve is a chance, a chance to get real help and live the best life you can. I may not understand exactly how you are feeling, but I do feel the fear in your writing.

Please keep talking it out!
I also on top of the OCD suffer with PTSD which I've had a long time, I somehow managed it with alcohol and the symptoms weren't that bad in comparison to now.....but then the booze stopped working and the anxiety just pushed through the booze so I knew I had to stop.


It's all just gotten soooooo much worse in such a short time and totally knocked me out!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017), Seren (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
What is something you enjoy doing, Chilled, that normally relaxes you the most? Is there something you can do to occupy your hands and mind for a bit? Didn't I see that you have started to draw?

I have no talent whatever, so I'm always a bit envious of people who have even the smallest amount of artistic talent. Have you been working on anything new before today?
Seren is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
What is something you enjoy doing, Chilled, that normally relaxes you the most? Is there something you can do to occupy your hands and mind for a bit? Didn't I see that you have started to draw?

I have no talent whatever, so I'm always a bit envious of people who have even the smallest amount of artistic talent. Have you been working on anything new before today?
I do like playing spanish guitar
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
I really wanna start planting some organic vegetables in my garden as well
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,506
Blog Entries: 1
Its definitely harder to see when you're in panic mode and catastrophising.

Maybe even if you can't quite believe it right now you can trust us when we say we see a marked improvement in you, Chilledice?

D

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017), Seren (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 30,206
I'm praying, Chilledice.
Gilmer is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gilmer For This Useful Post:
Chilledice (08-12-2017), Dee74 (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its definitely harder to see when you're in panic mode and catastrophising.

Maybe even if you can't quite believe it right now you can trust us when we say we see a marked improvement in you, Chilledice?

D

D
Well that's awesome man! I just need hope, that's all I need to beat this beast.
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'm praying, Chilledice.
Thanks Gilmer I appreciate you big time!
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
Spanish guitar sounds fun...nylon string, right? (See, I do know some things )

Have you been able to spend some time practicing this past week? Old school, I know, but I loved Jose Feliciano. You may have never heard of him, but he was a great guitarist and played the spanish style guitar quite often. He was blind, too. Perhaps search YouTube if you are interested...
Seren is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (08-13-2017), Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Spanish guitar sounds fun...nylon string, right? (See, I do know some things )

Have you been able to spend some time practicing this past week? Old school, I know, but I loved Jose Feliciano. You may have never heard of him, but he was a great guitarist and played the spanish style guitar quite often. He was blind, too. Perhaps search YouTube if you are interested...
Always nylon I won't play spanish on anything else lol

I have heard Jose Feliciano he was indeed a great guitarist!

I've not really picked it up for a while, it's hard to motivate myself, I feel like the old me is lost so I don't actually do anything....maybe I should pick it up tomorrow.
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
Gonna have to get those fingers limbered up again! Music can be very healing and therapeutic

If you grow heirloom tomatoes, I will be very envious because I can manage to kill a cactus...and I so enjoy heirloom tomatoes!
Seren is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (08-13-2017), Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Gonna have to get those fingers limbered up again! Music can be very healing and therapeutic

If you grow heirloom tomatoes, I will be very envious because I can manage to kill a cactus...and I so enjoy heirloom tomatoes!
Kill a cactus? As in drinking it? Is that even possible? Lol
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (08-13-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Seren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,575
Blog Entries: 8
Oh, no, I am just a poor plant parent.l simply do not have a green thumb. I wish I could grow my own heirloom tomatoes
Seren is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seren For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (08-13-2017), Chilledice (08-12-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), KiKi0615 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Chilledice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,057
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Oh, no, I am just a poor plant parent.l simply do not have a green thumb. I wish I could grow my own heirloom tomatoes
Kale is my favourite, I love juicing it up and drinking it down. Very healthy for you
Chilledice is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chilledice For This Useful Post:
aasharon90 (08-13-2017), Delilah1 (08-12-2017), Seren (08-13-2017)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54 PM.