Notices

It's gotten very, very serious

Old 01-06-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Norfolkgal,

There is a solution. It's simple but takes a lot of work. You stated you can't take time to go to a 30 day rehab. Not everyone needs to go to rehab and their success rate is the same as AA, SMART, IOP, etc. You need to find a recovery program that fits your personality and work it as hard as you can. Your business and family won't survive if you don't get sober. Your exes behavior and abuse is inexcusable but you need to let it go and worry about Norfolkgal. I pray you put the booze down and call AA or some other recovery program. You deserve to get your peace of mind back which will bring your family friends and successes back into your life. There is hope, a solution, and happiness waiting for you. You need to go get it.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope norfolkgal is doing well,

D
Old 01-07-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by norfolkgal View Post
There is literally no way I could possibly go into rehab for thirty days. Not only do I have no money, but I run our business absolutely single handedly. If I am gone for even half a day it's a disaster. I have tried to hire others to help but I then can't afford to pay them because business is not good the past two years. My daughter is also being homeschooled by me because of her own anxiety and depression, so my being here is not an option in any way. I know that I would be much more "here" for her if I was able to go into inpatient rehab, but that just isn't an option so I will have to do it otherwise. I have wanted to try EMDR (I think that is what it is called). I have not been in therapy since i left the abusive relationship that led to the PTSD--against because I cannot afford therapy and the state keeps rejecting my Medicaid applications for various reasons. I am hoping that if I can get well I will be able to make a bit more income and purchase health insurance again to help with therapy fees. Thank you all so much! Thank you everyone!
Ngal, you ARE ‘gone’ for half (if not more) the day everyday from your work. You said originally that you drink all day, everyday, if I’m not mistaken. You honestly are not functioning to your full capacity.

If you want to survive, you need to make sobriety number one: above and beyond EVERYTHING else. Otherwise, you’re going to lose everything and remain with only alcohol.