Notices

Birthday drink

Old 07-09-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How are you doing tonight James?
Old 07-16-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My birthday drink turned into a week long drink but now it's over. I'm not saying it was an unmitigated disaster, it wasn't. But I liked it less then I thought I would but it's amazing how quickly the addiction was reignited going from two bottles of 7.5% wine first day then 2 bottles of 14% wine next day, then vodka, rum, baileys, amaretto, champagne. Stuff I don't usually drink. However I realised I like being sober better than I like drinking (more energy, being able to sleep better, being more mentally sound etc) and my body had started to go again I started eating anything like ice creams, gaining weight, not attending gym. Anxiety increased to a. If degree. It's just not worth it it's a literal poison. I'm sweating alcohol out of me now so I hopefully won't drink again. I shouldn't have in the first place it was a huge mistake but not a disaster. I'm back connecting with my values e.g. Health, responsibility, discipline. And I am not one who doesn't think of consequences I do, I'm rational quite often. If I continue drinking my health will decline again, I'll do bad behaviour and if I am going back to finishing my medical degree I won't finish it like happened last time. So I have out an end to it.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

And thanks for all your concern, I appreciate it. I read them when I was drinking but didn't reply in case I said something inappropriate or my anger came out.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you're back James 💜
Old 07-16-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you James.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks, I made some spelling mistakes bu it won't let rectify them. The main problem I guess I have come across is boredom which partly led to my relapse, I live alone in a hostel, have no relationship or kids, no job at the minute so I get really bored and I cannot think of anything interesting (or cheap) to do. I slept away my sobriety as much as I could but I'd love to be out there but I need a +1 mate but cannot find one.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Reach out to your local recovery community James. You will find a lot of helpful and friendly people there as well as lots of things "to do". Boredom is a state of mind that can be changed, addiction is not.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
S13

Hi JAMES hope your ok, your story is very similar to mine, thought id got drinking under control, thought one bottle tuesday is ok, then 2 saturday, then so scared of the come down 3 last night!!! I hate myself right now had to ring in sick to work, no i Need to stop but today i feel like i can't im scared my head is a total mess, i know ive lost it!!! im like you not got any friends so so lonely
Old 07-17-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning- how are you today James? What's your plan for just this day?

You can do this.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My birthday drink turned into a week long drink

Yep, that's what happens to us.

The fact that it "only" lasted a week is a good thing. What are you going to do to prevent another relapse?