Notices

Joys of Sober Mornings

Old 07-16-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Joys of Sober Mornings

Every morning is a fresh start and you never know what the day will bring. My favourite time of day is the morning. I wake up, make my coffee and while I sip it, I go through the news, various websites, see what's happening with friends on facebook and plan my day. I take my dogs for a walk on the beach and marvel at how beautiful life is. Who knows what may happen today? Will I meet someone new and exciting? Will something awesome happen? Or maybe something awful will happen. You just never know.

Because I don't know what life will throw at me, I want to be able to face whatever happens, fully functional and present. I can't do that if I'm not sober or hungover.

It's been over 2 years since my last drink. Waking up without a hangover is a joy. I don't worry about what I might have done or said. I don't need to check my phone or facebook to see if I've done something stupid. I get up and can face the day and take on whatever challenges come.

Some days are wonderful and filled with happy times and joy and some days crap happens. Guess what - that's life.

So, to those who are struggling - it gets better. Don't throw away glorious mornings and a chance at a fresh start and sober life.

CF
Old 07-16-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Yep.. mornings are special. You sound like you found a positive life.. alcohol free.

Enjoy the possibilities
Old 07-16-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love mornings!!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Calico for that lovely post. So glad to hear you're doing well
Old 07-16-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that CalicoFish - I totally agree

D
Old 07-16-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not only are mornings great, but the weekends become productive days instead of useless wastes of time.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So true! Just finished a productive Sunday and am looking forward to my hungover free morning. I'll be prepared and fresh to start the workweek! Not to mention that I won't be dragging ass or searching for my keys or not having time to make breakfast or a lunch. So much better this way. 😊
Old 07-17-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well said Calico! And the coffee tastes SO much better when you don't have the dry mouth from the prior night's drinking. Thanks for this post.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree!
Having a nice big cup of coffee and relaxing, stretching, feeling good, at ease, not hungover, no headache, sober and able to handle whatever the day throws at me. Mornings on the weekends are my favorite!