Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

WEEKENDER thread, no waking up to shame or embarrassment 7-9 July

Notices

WEEKENDER thread, no waking up to shame or embarrassment 7-9 July

Old 07-11-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Don't forget the rowdy roommates from hell--you've withstood and outlasted them, too!
Old 07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Cheese and chocolate cake make everything better.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

The comment your dad made at the store sounds just like something my dad would say too!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Hump Day gang!

I am in an office reception area where I have been waiting 10 minutes so far. It better be worth it.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I'm curious, what's up Saoutchik?
Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh it was just a customer who had another meeting that overran. Fortunately at this time of the year it is fairly quiet workwise so it was not a big deal but I don't like being kept waiting without explanation.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Good morning! Big day at work is ahead. In fact it will be all big days for the next couple of months as we bear down on an important milestone. I am determined not to blow it and to give it all my best. My clients have actually been generous over the past 6 months while I dealt with my family health problems and ultimate losses. I was forced to put others in my place in a difficult business relationship, which was crucial to my wellbeing, and has worked out ok. While client perception of my performance and value have definitely been damaged, I've let go of the anxiety over that. Just letting it evolve in whatever new direction it takes.

So...I'm off to get the day started. Will check in later, I expect.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

My doctor is out of the country and the girls that work the front desk of her office do not know when she is coming back. They don't know if she requires all patients to be screened for illicit drugs on every visit. I asked because I can't afford to pay out of pocket for that, I got directly billed for it last time and it was outrageous. I wanted to know if it was just on the initial visit or if it was required every time. How could the doctor be the only source for this information? Someone else has to know. The doctor is not the one performing these tests, a tech or a medical assistant does. Surely there is another person in that office that is aware of the policy. But two different people who work there had no idea.

It would think that if it were a standing policy it would be posted. They'd know it. But they couldn't even figure it out and literally the answer I got was "I have no idea".

That's an answer you give people who call your place of work???????????

I will call my old doctor and make the trek on a Friday so I can stop banging my head against the wall.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

That really does sound like an unprofessional practice.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Even her tone was unprofessional. She sounded like a very low class individual. Of course I probably did, too, inquiring about the drug testing policy. Obviously, I would only ask that because I know I would fail it. I was unclear about that, my ability to pay was the problem, not willingness to pee in a cup.

Speaking of medical bills.. I have to pay for my little ER visit last month. I keep forgetting those bills are sitting in my purse.. I have to go to the bank and deposit checks.. I have no motivation to take care of things lately. I know better than to let myself get like this.. I know it's better for my sobriety and overall mental health, to keep a running to-do list and block out the time every week to get things checked off the list. I haven't done it since before Christmas.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Maybe your doc took her whole staff on vacation and is filling with temps? I'm not sure if that is better or worse!
Old 07-12-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

"I know it's better for my sobriety and overall mental health, to keep a running to-do list and block out the time every week to get things checked off the list. "

Me, too! Some people love lists and I guess I do, too. But fact is I lose all momentum and all track of everything if I don't keep it going. No gaps or I am lost.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

The only reason I still keep my day planner with me is because my log in information for the hospital computers and my home health job is written inside the back cover. The last time I wrote something under a particular day in my planner was in February.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bix I would hope that your business relationships are not too badly damaged as you were not off of work for long and most people would appreciate that the death of a loved one has an impact.

Brenda, if your doctor has not requested that you need to be screened for drugs on every visit then I would work on the assumption that you do not and if it later transpires that you did then it will not be your fault. As others have said it is unprofessional.

I definitely agree with keeping a "to do" list. Now that I am practically senile it is vital.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

They required it on my one and only visit which was a few years ago. I was asking them if it would be required on subsequent visits. The girl yesterday said she would find out and call me back. The one today had no idea and made no effort to find out.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sao. I had really only just sobered up about a month or so before the death. And my client relationships had been on a slow slide for awhile. I had been an anxious wreck for more than year, I was in a new position (same role, new client, new technology) and ya know...I didn't really learn quickly in that condition.

I am just really lucky and grateful for the slack everyone has given me. And I am BACK now. Honestly, from all indications, clients are giving me another chance to learn, contribute, and right my little ship.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That is good news Bix and you deserve it.

Morning everyone. A new thread will begin in about 3 hours.