Notices

Hey

Old 06-13-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey

Hi all on the newcomers forum

I just really wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

I've been a member here for a bit now and it was a massive help when I first started to curb my drinking however 2nd time round it's been very difficult for a variety of reasons.

I want to say a big thanks to all those who have provided in depth support and guidance to me, I imagine there were times when it was extremely frustrating the fact that I was in so much conflict all the time about whether to stop or not. The support from this site is amazing, everyone who works hard every day for this site should be so proud of what us being achieved here. Brilliant!!!

Anyway, I'm going to invest my efforts into RR. Let's see how I go. I just found that I was more of an annoyance here than anything else and overcoming this thing is a very individual process for me. RR seems to link to CBT which I've had in the past and been successful with so I'm leaning towards that.

Just wanted to say thanks for a brilliant support network. Hopefully we will all stay sober using our chosen tools

Stewy x
Old 06-13-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stewy, I doubt any of us have ever thought of you as an annoyance. Using RR doesn't preclude taking part here. Whatever you decide, may you find lasting sobriety & tranquility.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck, stewy. Here if you need us.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

There are a bunch of great threads here on SR talking about RR. You should check them out.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this...you're never an annoyance Stewy! Nevertheless, you gotta do what ya gotta do. Please drop in and let us know how you're doing. We'll always be here for you friend!
xoxo
Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wish you well Stewy. Maybe RR is the way to go for you. Good luck. You have not been so much as an annoyance as a frustration on how to help you. People here, including me wish all the best for you. Everyone's path to recovery is different. Not everyone sees AA, therapy, etc. as the way to go. I really mean that. But I do know that without acting on whatever decision we choose, it's not gonna make a difference. Don't know much about RR, but any recovery program requires action. Good luck. John
Old 06-13-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay in touch stewy, you need to do what works best for you. I can't see why staying in touch and using SR and all your friends here would not be a useful means of support. We need all the support we can get my friend. Good luck to you
Old 06-13-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mattq2 View Post
Stay in touch stewy, you need to do what works best for you. I can't see why staying in touch and using SR and all your friends here would not be a useful means of support. We need all the support we can get my friend. Good luck to you
Agreed. A combination of support has always worked well for me. I take a little from AA , a lot from SR and other sources that helps me, but everybody is different. Some people can throw themselves into one program or approach and that seems to work for them. Whatever keeps us sober and from dying is a good program. John
Old 06-13-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got the feeling you will be back for several reasons. John
Old 06-13-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand the appeal of RR Stewy but I hope it won't preclude you coming back and asking for help/support if you need it.

Best wishes

D
Old 06-13-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, you are always welcome here.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Stewey,

RR is great, I hope you will also continue to check in here. You can get additional support, and also share what you are learning to help others.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Do whatever you need to do to feel comfortable. Best of wishes.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

good to see you've been stoppin in here, stewy. hope youre doin good.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope you are well, Stewy.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Stewy, no need to go, but you know the doors are always open and we're here for you.
I hope and think you'll be back too. And I hope you are well, don't give up on yourself.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I never thought of you as an annoyance, Stewy. You're one of us in a club no one wants to be a member of. I don't think of recovery programs and SR as being mutually exclusive--I am not currently an AAer but used to go to meetings and also lurked here and both were very helpful. Good luck with RR; I've read quite a bit about it and it makes sense.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Stewey, You're not an annoyance. You're part of why I started posting in here again, as well as putting forth a final effort for myself.

I'm far more of an annoyance likely. I spend a lot of time in here in the beginning, then usually disappear because I don't want to think about alcohol. I've posted more than I have since I joined, but I can be a stubborn punk.

Best wishes dude. I'll be posting and lurking. I'm in the middle of detox and lost it today. Hope you're well.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Stewy, come join us in the AVRT threads!
Old 06-21-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersolstice View Post

I'm far more of an annoyance likely. I spend a lot of time in here in the beginning, then usually disappear because I don't want to think about alcohol. I've posted more than I have since I joined, but I can be a stubborn punk.
more than likely, no one but yourself feels youre an annoyance,too.
because none of us feel that way.
so, that feeling isnt true.