Notices

Feeling frustrated

Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling frustrated

I'll try to make this make sense as best as I can. I updated my last post saying I had to wait till today to hear from insurance to see if inpatient would be covered. And it is which is good, so I went back to my counselor to help me get set up with admissions with the treatment center. I told him I was 10 days sober. He got almost uncomfortable because he knew we were going to talk to admissions at the treatment center and he said they will probably question this and ask why I even think I need inpatient if I'm already 10 days sober... you may be wondering that too.
Here's the thing
1. I WANT to go to inpatient. Doesn't that say anything? I know my brain better than anyone and 10 days sober out of 15 hard years drinking means nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but it's no for sure cure.
2. Some people in my opinion need inpatient for different reasons. I don't have to be going through massive withdrawals to benefit from it. I may physically be over alcohol but mentally, hell no. My brain NEEDS to be reset.
3. My soul is a little broken and I need some time away to completely focus on my recover and point my life in the right direction and become the person I so badly crave to be.
4. It seems smart to me to throw every piece of ammunition at this disease as humanly possible. I've tried multiple times to quit without help on my own and each time I've failed. I cannot, I repeat CANNOT fail this time.

Does this make sense? I just feel a little let down with little support from these people!

Ugh 😒
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And I forgot to add, when I did my interview right there, admissions did indeed question the 10 day so we period. Like Did you WANT me to drink?!?! Sheesh!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cleopatra

I agree it's a pretty silly situation to be in but I can see it from the rehab side and what they require too. For a lot of folks rehab is the last chance saloon.

I think rehab is awesome - but it's not mandatory for recovery.

I hope it pans out, but if it doesn't I still honestly believe you can still stay sober

D
Old 06-28-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Cleopatra4, 10 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. I would think the rehab people would see 10 days sober as a positive sign of commitment, rootin for ya.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I suppose I see the other side too. But I also know there are people there that don't want to be there at all and have every intention of using the second they leave. Meh. I'm not gonna worry about it. I got accepted and am going Saturday.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Cleo,

Wanting to quit is half the battle won.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Inpatient treatment was the best thing I ever did for my recovery. You are spot on, it is a time to focus solely on your own health and well being without the 'world' interrupting. An awesome mental kickstart and a great opportunity to instil some great habits so that when you come back to the real world you are armed with some great tools to stay on course.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by Cleopatra4 View Post
I got accepted and am going Saturday.
Great to hear!... Best wishes to U.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you are getting the help you need, Cleopatra. Stick close to here in the meantime and don't drink. I look forward to seeing you grow and move forward in recovery.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You guys are seriously the best. Love you all!!!!! I won't drink. I'm going to return a brand new me. Well some old me will still be there, just a polished version