Notices

Manchester Arena

Old 05-23-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone can see this:

How to cope with traumatic news - an illustrated guide

How to cope with traumatic news - an illustrated guide - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for posting this Dee! Much needed!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In murdering such young victims they are trying our futures but I hope that we are stronger than them.

My heart goes out to the injured and friends and family of the dead.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting that Dee-I really needed that. I hit the big 5-0 (days sober) at the weekend and have felt tremendous. But this attack in Manchester has really floored me. I work in Manchester and was advised to work from home today. But I've been glued to the TV all day. I went to a networking event on Monday evening and got the train back late from the station beside the arena, but before the event. I'm just shocked and saddened to think that someone would target young girls and their families like that. Prior to the concert I'd passed groups of concert goers, all buzzing with excitement. How quickly things can turn and terror be unleashed. Those poor families still searching for their loved ones, my heart bleeds for them. Please God of my understanding work some of your magic on them.

Sorry for the verbal vomit, I just needed to get it out. I've felt unnerved today. Choose love. Stay safe people, be vigilant, but don't let them win.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

A terrible day all around.

The day completely stuffed but all falls into nothingness with recent events worldwide. Thanks for posting the link on coping Dee.

As anxious as imaginable. Not just because of recent events but because my own head. Still sober. Bought a $2 ring from the op shop, seems like your idea worked Kenton.

Too tired, just wanted to check in sober and send love, best wishes to all.