Notices

I need to stop

Old 05-01-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Amanda

Have you given any thought to how you'll stay sober - like, your recovery plan?

D
Old 05-01-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Amanda

Have you given any thought to how you'll stay sober - like, your recovery plan?

D
Old 05-01-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Amanda. Lovely to see you here and posting. This place has been a big tool for my recovery, as have AA meetings. I'm now 44 with 3 years sober, and am also in the UK.

Dee has a great thread on making a plan, which is well worth exploring, as he is a wise old stick (maybe not sooooo old actually, but very wise nonetheless lol) ... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html

AA meetings won't be affected by the bank holiday so you could get along to one today if you chose to. Why not look up when and where they are happening in your area? ('Open' means anyone with an interest in alcoholism, so perhaps professionals working with an alcoholic, or family members of alcoholics can go along as well as alcoholics. 'Closed' means that the meeting is just for people who are alcoholic / wish to stop drinking. I only mention that because I remember thinking for a long time what a shame it was that most of the meetings in my area had 'closed' so I couldn't go, until luckily someone pointed the AA meaning of open and closed out to me). Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Ltd - Home

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB

PS. I never managed to get the chat room working either, but I'm technically inept. Also working off a tablet, so no idea if that makes a difference, but then I presume lots of people must be doing that.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Amanda

I'm in the UK and I am too.
I hated alcohol and the havoc it wrecked.
I spent so much time debating stopping and if I was an alcoholic, a binge drinker, alcohol dependent or problem drinker.
All the time I debated what title I was, I kept on drinking.

In the end I decided that it did not matter what I was.
Alcohol made me unhappy and the people I loved unhappy and that was reason enough to stop drinking.

In Feb 2017, I celebrated 5 years of no drinking alcohol.

What scares you about stopping?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Amanda, alcohol killed my dad too. Like you, I hate it. Really hate it. It's an evil poison that destroys lives every single day. The good news is, it's not invincible. It only makes us think that it is. I stay sober by checking in here everyday and learning from those who have many years of sobriety and supporting those who like me want to beat alcohol forever. I hope you stick around. Alcohol has already claimed people we love. It doesn't have to claim us too