Notices

Change is coming Weekender 21-23rd April

Old 04-23-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Soberwolf...experience and hope beautifully shared. Thx.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Busy day ahead.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hope everyone got through saturday ok ,

A new day today, you get another go .

I went to Whitby yesterday , it's said to be where Bram Stoker got inspiration for dracula , it was also goth convention and steam punk weekend ..

There was some drinking going on but a lot of people weren't and were promenading enjoying all the intricate and artistic outfits, umbrellas, hats and walking sticks .

By chance i'd dressed in black, a black t-shirt with a silk screen print of Sun-Ra on it in silver and a bit of sparkle so i almost felt "in" with it all , but i wasn't really victorian or gothic enough

It was far better than years ago being sat at home with the curtains drawn drunk ..

later , m
Old 04-23-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Ooh, Whitby! Isn't that the town where Dracula's ship gets washed ashore with the guy lashed to the wheel? I google explored the town a while back and it looks like it's pretty.

I'm in and it's Sunday morning. I was at my usual 8 a.m. AA meeting when I was interrupted by the phone and needed to leave, unfortunately. Today's plans are to go see Cavalia which is, from what I've heard, an equine Circ du Soleil. My mother in law was taking the kids and I decided to tag along, paying for my own ticket. Why she had to buy the Rolls Royce of tickets, I don't know. And put her at the top of the list of people I'm annoyed by at the moment.

Tetra, I've learned the hard way that bunny doesn't like being picked up. She bit me the first time I did. Otherwise, she is settling. I've had rabbits before but none of them were quite so ornery when I picked them up. Like people, they all have their own personalities.

Time to do some other chores. I'm whittling away at that mountain of laundry, one load at a time. Grocery shopping done. Waving the cat's tail off the keyboard as I'm trying to type.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning LadyBlue0527. I don't like cats myself but my daughter does. I suggested she go volunteer at one of the local rescue shelters. But then I expect she'll probably just end up bring an armful home. She's having a good weekend so far. Wednesday and Thursday were bad days, it seems her mood goes thru weekly cycles. She was on birth control for her acne but stopped that ~ 10 days ago. We will be seeing a therapist Thursday morning.

We got a ball for the hamster but were letting him settle down in his new home first. We might try it tonight. He was very active last night after sleeping all day. His cage we got seems too small compared to his level of activity, they are expandable so we might an add on for him.

Hi [BC, yes I had exactly the same sensation. Things I did in the morning felt like yesterday.

About 8 years ago, I had to surrender my license due to medical issues. (Lesson learned: if you goto emerge because you fainted, don't say "I think I had a seizure" unless you really did. That's and automatic loss of drivers license). Anyways, I discovered that taking public transit wasn't all that bad. It forced me to take more time to get places. I still take the bus a few times a week now, I enjoy the extra time for reading, playing Sudoku, meditating or just being alone with my thoughts.

I see a few wooly bear like caterpillars around here, SW, mostly during the fall tho. It does get hot in Winnipeg, +30 Celsius some days, were not all snow and igloos....
Old 04-23-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I want to go to a Steam Punk/Goth parade. That sounds so fun. I recently watched some contest show on Netflix with teams building a Steam Punk house, room by room. It was cool.

I'm on my second cuppa, nice to see all the Weekend folks checking in sober. Tetra, how's it going with the drinking? I hope you've come back into the light.

You guys have me wanting a small rodent pet. I have two cats already, not sure how that would work out. Maybe I should wait. STD, I volunteered at the animal shelter for years. I loved it. It does tend to make animals show up in your house, though. Can't save them all. I sure wanted to at times. Luckily we have a two animal rule in my condo association. I pushed it to three for a while, not sure anyone cared since they were inside cats.

Okay. I don't have a lot of plans, I have a visitor coming tomorrow, so I have a few things to do to prepare for that - but it's not raining, so I'll get out at some point.

Happy sober Sunday to all. Good day to start and good day to stay sober. I invite all lurkers to jump in the thread - the more the merrier.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I spent a couple of hours looking at new skirting boards for Saoutchik Towers, very glamorous. There is a bewildering number of styles and materials available in 2017.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Happy sober Sunday to all. Good day to start and good day to stay sober. I invite all lurkers to jump in the thread - the more the merrier.
Yes why not, the thread lasts all week with a new one starting on Thursday.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Therapy Hamster strikes again.

This morning Daughter and I were observing the active hamster with cage doors open in hopes to get him into his ball. The bedrooms door was closed, mom walks in realizes the cage is open, makes a face and immediately exits. Later, moms making breakfast and I note one extra boiled egg. Which is not unusual, we'll make an extra one or two for later in the week. I put it in the fridge and tell my wife where it is. Then she says 'Oh, that ones for daughter to share with the hamster'.

He's up and active again, I can hear daughter talking to him.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi All...Happy Sober Sunday!

Got up early this morning and worked out. What a beautiful day! Going to buy some herbs and set up some pots in my kitchen window. SO many times I have tried to grow herbs myself (I cook a lot with them and their so expensive) but they always end up dying before I can use them. This year I'm determined!

Make it a great one!
Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hamsters eat eggs?

The more you know. Yes, there's a gif for that. There's a gif for everything.

Sao, skirting boards? Ugh. I was on the Homeowners' Board for too long. My goal was to get the siding and doors/windows replaced. It is going to cost each owner about $25,000. Let's just say I might as well have asked for their first-born.

I might have had more luck.

Ten years later, we're getting close - but only because our insurance company is threatening. Heh. I'm not gonna say it...and I don't have to, because I'll never do that particular volunteer work again. I do learn from my mistakes.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

p.s. I saw the first baby ducklings on the river outside my window. Let the drama begin!
Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

BB- I love steampunk. I get regular posts on F-B for weird and wonderful crap these guys come up with. I think they all wish they were living in a Van-Helsing world. Makes me smile.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Great post at the beginning.

This is my first properly sober weekend in i honestly can't remember.
I offered to go into work on Saturday and managed to get up, walk the dog and be in before 8.30am which for me is something of an achievement.
I then got home and had to have a nap as my sleep is still quite bad as I'm still in early days. Instead of me waking up after a few bottles, head in a blur, heart beating frantically and a horrible taste in my mouth, I'm now waking up because I've drank too much water and need the loo.
Although I'm no morning person, if i set the alarm for 6am, i get up. Beforehand I'd have hit snooze til 8am.
So then today, Sunday mornings previously would be another blur. Wake up with a banging headache, red eyes, not wanting to move from the couch.
Today,i was up at 7, walking the dog, making breakfast. The amount of stuff i did surprised me. My dog doesn't know what the score is walking her 3 times a day. Beforehand, I'd have just stayed in and know she'd want out but i was a mess. If i didn't want to move from the couch, why would i leave the house?

So yes, my sober weekend has been brilliant. Waking up with a clear head is something i really forgot how good it was. Now waiting for the dog to wake up to take her out again. Also my fitbit says I've at least doubled the amount of steps since last week.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Must... study.... don't... have... the power....
Old 04-23-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone
Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Zombie79! People (including me) always comment about how much more time is available to them over the course of a weekend when they have not been drinking or are hungover.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I had no idea hamsters ate eggs either lol!

$25,000 per arpartment seems quite a lot bim or maybe I am out of date.

Carfax House from Dracula is a few miles downstream at Purfleet.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders Zombie79! People (including me) always comment about how much more time is available to them over the course of a weekend when they have not been drinking or are hungover.
I had to wait for shops to open, and i was up for 5hrs by then! Mad!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Night guys x