Notices

Change is coming Weekender 21-23rd April

Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Just keep crying.....
Best take myself off to bed and away from the junk food.... which is becoming my new crutch .
Hugs to all
Night xx
Old 04-26-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

What's up, petals?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra, maybe you can talk to your sister?

Petals i'm sorry you are crying, you are very welcome to share if you want to.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I hope you are all keeping well. I am having a hard time to be honest.
Hmm last weekend I wanted to go home for the weekend. I enjoy spending time with my dad. I phoned on Friday night to say I would get the bus on Saturday. He told me "I would be delighted to see you as always. Just be aware that your mom and sister had a major fight and truthfully I haven’t seen your mom this bad in a couple of years". I decided to go home anyway and the atmosphere was icy.

Anyway I always had a suspicion that my sister was seeing her abusive ex on the sly. My parents went out for the day on Sunday. I went out for a walk and I came home. My sister was on the phone to someone and she was saying "I have tried to be angry at him but I can't. He is just so persuasive".

I said nothing. On Monday I got actual proof that she is seeing him on the sly. I can't say how I heard. I phoned my therapist for advice. He said "do not tell anyone how you found out. I do understand how you feel and you want to protect her. In your shoes I would have done the same thing". I was upset at work at lunch time. I had my lunch in the tea room and unfortunately 2 of the registrars came in and said "it's ok. It's just Tetra. She won't mind". The tea room is supposed to be for the secretaries between 12:30 - 2 PM. They took one look at my face and said "it's ok. Don’t worry. We will go to the coffee shop" and backed out. I feel bad for showing my emotions at work. Although they are now being exceptionally kind. I had left some charts on the floor for typing and I reached for them and one of the guys said "let me get those for you". Now I am all smiles at work. It's hard to smile when you are dying inside.

Anyway it would kill my dad in particular to know that my sister is sneaking around with her awful ex and lying. I can't say anything because I have done the same. To be honest at least none of the men I was sneaking out to meet were in any way abusive. They may have been losers but none of them ever laid a finger on me.

I was very upset about this on Monday night. After crying all night on Monday and having talked it over on the phone with my therapist I have decided to do nothing for the moment. My sister has mental problems yes. So does my mother to be fair. I myself have been assessed by a psychiatrist in the past. I cried in his chair for an hour and told him I was depressed. He told me I wasn't and that there is a huge difference between depression and low self esteem.

Anyway I am going to say nothing. When this hits the fan - and it will because as alcoholics or recovering alcoholics we know that nothing stays a secret for long - my parents will need someone to lean on. Someone sober to lean on.

My dad is on blood pressure medicine. The GP gave him a prescription for 11 months which he has now lost. He went in on Monday to get a repeat prescription. The doctor said "I don't know who wrote the script for 11 months because it should have been 3 months maximum". Now he has an appointment for a big check up on Friday.

So that's where I am at. Sober but out of my mind with worry about my family.

I hope you are all keeping well. See you tomorrow on the new thread.
Burner cell phone? Just guessing, I was intrigued by your saying you couldn't say how you found out the information.

I would say don't get involved and don't say anything, unless you think that this guy would actually hurt her.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

More than once I've paid for my beer in coins....

I had a nice day today. All you can eat bacon and eggs breakfast, and some really good speeches. The vendor display was a bit lacking. One of them was holding draws for bottles of whiskey. Came home to pancakes and sausages for supper.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

That I have never done.. I have had to scrape together all my change from the bottoms of purses in order to put gas in my car, and I have used change to pay the $3 cover at a salsa club, in both cases because I'd drank the rest of my cash.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. ...see you on the new thread tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It is literally freezing this morning, the upside is that there is not a cloud in the sky.

Petals, I hope you are OK.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Do your best

Petals is everything ok why are you crying hun xx

Morning Sao & everyone

It will be above 8°c today YES only going as high as 12°c but I'l take it
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

+4c if we are luck with a chance of rain or snow this afternoon. Good morning gang. Well todays the big day, daughter get evaluated by a physiatrist. It's hard to not hang all your hopes on this one visit. But it's really just the beginning.