Notices

people with less than 2 weeks sober...

Old 10-17-2004, 06:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, Day 1 again for me. And I'm so angry!!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't be angry, Angel - let it go and start again. As I've heard here many times, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and begin again. Don't let anger cause you to continue the slip. I've been there and done that too many times.

We can all do this. Keep strong, one day at a time, one moment at a time. Before you pick up a drink... stop. Just stop for that moment. Do something else entirely. One step at a time, right?

This community is amazing... keep coming back. I will, too.

Thank you all for your encouraging words!!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ok you guys today is day 2 and its been a rough day but I got online this morning and you guys have got me through it so far. Its been raining here for 2 days in San Diego and it never rains here, what are the odds???? I feel like someone above is crying here with me. I look forward to coming back here tommorrow and telling you its day 3!!!
Tina
Old 10-18-2004, 01:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 11 for me, I am excited and my head/thinking is so much more clear !!!

Taking it one day at a time....

Keep on posting folks !!!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ten days for me WOO HOO! Leaving work was a big step for me, as my workmates and bosses were all drinkers, drinks after work was the norm, thats the hospitality industry for you. So staying away from temptation and stressfull situations has certainly worked wonders, and where one door closes another one opens. Allready I have a new job starting next week in the child care industry, a new fullfilling career is sure to keep me sober. Goodluck everyone!! I have my good days and bad but it sure does get easier. This site has helped immensely big thanks to you all.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi My name is Ed and I'm a recovered alcoholic..

I've been clean and sober since August 23, 2003

its been a fun ride these past 14 months to say the least..I advise if you are new to the fellowship to get with a sponsor and work the 12 steps..Get with someone who has been through that process, it doesnt matter how much time they have..those of you who are new and have not had a drink and havent begun to do the work are on a life and death errand..this is a deadly thing we got here..Get to God and seek God quick..and he will reveal Himself to you in a way you would have never been able to imagine..All your dreams and hopes will come true if you do this work, beyond your wildest dreams..You deserve a spiritual experience..You CAN recover from alcoholism and drug addiction
Old 10-19-2004, 12:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Starting day 2, recently saw day 21 for the first time in many many years and know how much better it gets so feel a bit pi**ed off that I let slip. Still, I can smile at my stupidity , learn from it and move on. Going to find some support this time, I am a bit scared of AA I know I should not be, but I am. Anyway, one step at a time ,one moment at a time, one day at a time.. long term planning down the pan ! :Flush:

Pete
Old 10-19-2004, 06:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Drank 35 out of the last 40 days, 3rd day sober today. It is awful. I actually ran out of money, decided to pay a bunch of bills in advance to get them out of the way and force me to be broke untill next paycheck. Wow that is pathetic hehe.

Mill
Old 10-19-2004, 06:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... Let's keep this thread rockin' !!

I am on day 12 today, or should I say my 12th 24 hour period...

Mill - I've tried that before, aka get rid of all my money in order not to drink -- however I always found a way to get wasted.. It's not pathetic, but a reality for us alcoholics..

Ed - thanks for the advise man.

Pete - stay strong man, and get to a meeting if you can..

All the best !!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

To: Lost Angel & Ice Cream Pete

Lost Angel, I sure understand what you mean by "being angry" that you are starting back on Day 1. And what Ice Cream Pete felt by stating he saw Day 21, then let it slip. Last summer I saw Day 95 and then let my DOC give me excuses to give up. And now almost every weekend since then (7 weekends) I have done bad. No problem through the work week. I do not want to dread my weekends, since I work 5 days a week and want to look forward to my weekends. Don't want to kick myself every Monday morning anymore.

I do have a smiling thought though. Think how much we will all enjoy the holidays if we are in control. Halloween is so much fun. Thanksgiving and Christmas are holidays full of food and family and fun. Won't it be nice to go through these holidays feeling good about ourselves instead of ashamed? Maybe I can concentrate on these positive feelings to make it through.

Thanks, all of you, for listening to me.

Sherry Lassie
Old 10-19-2004, 10:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Sherry
Its funny you mentioned the up coming holidays because I was just thinking about Thanksgiving this morning and that I am doing to cooking for all of my family and how much I'm looking forward to doing it sober and clean and actually enjoying the cooking, which I love to do when clean.

Anyways, you guys today is day 3 and I'm a little shaky but I know tommorrow will be a little bit better so I just have to get through today, one day at a time! or 1 moment at a time for me "in today's case". But I'm looking forward to my big book study meeting tonight "because its my favorite meeting" of the week. I've learned through this last relapse that I HAVE to call people for help before using or drinking.
Keep going you guys, these last 3 days you have saved my a**!
Love Tina
Old 10-19-2004, 11:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 2 for me. Starting to feel halfway decent again. Actually the Holidays in control sounds like a great idea... no bein g shrt-tempered at the kids and not having the traditional Christmas fight with my wife. You know she always seems to get mean when I drink .

Anyway, it definitely feels great to be headed the right direction.

For the rest of you, Keep on Keepin on!!

Bye.
dbear
Old 10-19-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
New Beginnings

day 5 for me and meeting number five a couple of hours ago. i want sobriety in the worst way... and i know that just for today, i will not pick up and use. I'm praying for all of you.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 for me. I made it to 16 before slipping and starting over. But almost glad I did, as it proved to me that I really can't have just one. Going to AA meetings when I can, finding some are much better than others. Also have been checking out "Women For Sobriety" as I like the philosophies I hear there. No such thing as too much support!

In general, I am feeling good and pretty strong, but still find myself crying on a daily basis. I think it's part of the grieving process and the emotions that alcohol kept buried are now rising to the surface.

Stay Strong Everyone
Old 10-19-2004, 10:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi everyone Eleven days for me. Tossing up wether to go watch my partner play drums in his new band :band sat night not sure if thats still to risky yet. Will see how strong I feel on the day. Well done everyone
three cheers for us
HIP HIP HORAAYY HIP HIP HORAAY HIP HIP HOOORAAAAYY
Old 10-19-2004, 11:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

Everyone is doing so good! Keep hanging in there one day at a time.
Today is day 7 for me!! woohoo!!
:ugh2:

Oh yeah!!
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Kylie, you will make the right decision. Listen to your heart.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 13 starts today !! So happy to be sober this long...
Old 10-21-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Completing 2 weeks today !! Where is everybody else ???
Old 10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 5 for this guy. As I posted in the other forum The Physical stuff didnt hit me much at all like I thought it would but the mental side of the house is kind of shaky but will get better with meetings and time !

Hockey