Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Stay sober Easter Weekender - we can all come back from the dead 14-17 April

Notices

Stay sober Easter Weekender - we can all come back from the dead 14-17 April

Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Ha ha! I just Googled SAO biscuits, they are reputed to stand for Salvation Army Officer which is fitting now that I am abstinent.
I prefer another Arnott's product:

http://www.arnotts.com.au/products/tim-tam/
Old 04-13-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning saoutchik, LadyinBC, PhoenixJ, JustTony, Dee74, Gilmer, AlericB,Lava256, Trees39, Weasel1966, LadyBlue0527, Olive1 and mns1. And a big welcome Myturnaround.

As I was so shockingly reminded this week, Family is ever so important. We must stick close and keep the lines of communication open. Especially with the children, if you have son's or daughters at home, give 'em a hug . Our children need to know that home is a safe place That they are always welcome in the home and at home they can be whatever of whoever they want. No judgment.

Blessing of the Easter baskets is one of my favorite events at our parish church. Especially watching all the young ones. It's one of the few times a year that I go. I think I'll be saying some extra grateful prayers when I'm there.

On Sunday, my sister-in-law is hosting Easter dinner. They are a real boozy bunch. And it seems that last time I was there (X-mas dinner) they made it clear who's was the drinking table. My wife, her parents and brother don't drink either. So I'm not really looking forward to it except to see the grand children.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi, STDragon!

I am praying for your daughter's restoration to full health and wholeness.

I always liked the blessing of the baskets, too: I'm Ukrainian.

(Actually, 1/2 Ukrainian, 1/4 Polish, and 1/4 Welsh, descended from coal miners).
Old 04-13-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In there like swim wear.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Dragon.

TIM-TAMS/ How passé. I have Lindt's Dark, sugar free chocolate. Exclusively from the aisle of boutique gour-met items from Les Co. I know it is a quality designer product because the wrapping has more than one colour on it.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Living life sober, it's a kind of resurrection isn't it?

Happy Easter everyone.
^^^^Perfect. Thank you Sao!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I'm British, (Canadian Citizen), married into a Ukrainian family and love welsh coal miners cheese.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ukrainian here too
Old 04-13-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Hi Dragon.

TIM-TAMS/ How passé. I have Lindt's Dark, sugar free chocolate. Exclusively from the aisle of boutique gour-met items from Les Co. I know it is a quality designer product because the wrapping has more than one colour on it.
I hope your butler serves it at the correct temperature PhoenixJ.

0% Ukrainian as far as I know although Jacques Saoutchik originally came from Bessarabia which is now in western Ukraine.

1/4 Irish and there is a family story that we have some Spanish blood from the time the Spanish Armada washed up on the west coast of Ireland. This family story does not seem to be based on anything as mundane as facts or evidence, just the fact that we are marginally less pasty than the average Brit.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening all
Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Forget Lindt! Dark chocolate is highly overrated.

As far as I'm concerned, the big dark chocolate craze is just like "The Emperor's New Clothes!"

The truth is, dark chocolate's horrible--but nobody dares say it for fear of appearing unsophisticated!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

This was on the kitchen table when I got up this morning. It annoyed me even though it wasn't directed at me. Even my mother isn't this fussy.

Himself at work has a long day tomorrow - including the laryngectomy. I was actually reading about it online last night. I was just curious as everyone was talking about it all week. The poor patient. It sounds awful. The article I read said it could take between 5 - 12 hours. I told himself to have a big bowl of porridge (oatmeal) in the morning to set himself up for the day. He told me he was eager to get her on the operating table by 8 AM. I know he has other surgery in the afternoon so I don't know how things will go.

At least I have 4 days off now and he is on holiday all next week so I'll have my converse up on the table all week.

I'm at the hairdressers getting my hair dyed. I asked for red but the dye seems awfully red. She did say "you are lucky because you only have one or two grey hairs".

Grey hairs. How wonderful.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh tinypic has my picture upside down again. If some one could change it that would be great.

Ciao for now.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I hope your butler serves it at the correct temperature PhoenixJ.

0% Ukrainian as far as I know although Jacques Saoutchik originally came from Bessarabia which is now in western Ukraine.

1/4 Irish and there is a family story that we have some Spanish blood from the time the Spanish Armada washed up on the west coast of Ireland. This family story does not seem to be based on anything as mundane as facts or evidence, just the fact that we are marginally less pasty than the average Brit.
A friend of mine is from Co. Kerry, Ireland. She has the most amazing black hair and brown eyes, supposedly because the Spanish Armada sunk off the coast of Kerry leaving all those sailors. I think it's an interesting story
Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Tetra, how about you leave an anonymous note in the middle of the night that says "KISS MY FAT ___."
Old 04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

The hair dresser just said "well your hair certainly won't be boring anyway!" Means it's going to be very red. My parents will have something to talk about so.

Unfortunately I still can't say "I'm in" for this weekend but I'm still posting and I will be around somewhere. I hope you all have a good weekend and a happy Easter (for those who celebrate).
Best wishes from Tetra and bunny x
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you posted Tetra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170413_183458.jpg (17.0 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
A friend of mine is from Co. Kerry, Ireland. She has the most amazing black hair and brown eyes, supposedly because the Spanish Armada sunk off the coast of Kerry leaving all those sailors. I think it's an interesting story
Another thing is that I like Paella so that proves it.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Count me in for the holidays Easter Sunday will be my one week so I'm very excited
Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Arcsoul, you can do this.

8.30pm and it is still light here (just). I had a phone conversation with my sister as I decided to skip their closing party, not because I fear I will drink but because I am a bit tired and don't fancy the 20 mile drive.

I might listen to some music at home instead.