saoutchik

Goodbye Europe, nice knowing you
Old 03-29-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Is this Brexit Day?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning everyone. It's wonderful waking up sober to the sounds of exotic birds all around (Exotic to me anyway). The weather here is perfect.

Soberandhealthy I'm so glad you back at it, sorry your feeling down about yourself. Just hang in there and let the fog lift.

"We find ways to look dumb" LOL BC. It seems I can be very creative at looking dumb without evening knowing it.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

For anyone interested I uploaded the new IT trailer (Stephen King) in my scrapbook it looks terrifyingly awesome
Old 03-29-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Oh, dear brother of mine..

So I get a call today from a restricted number and for some reason answer it. They are asking for a person related to me, which could either be my father or my brother, they can't tell me if it's a junior or a senior.. They are trying to serve him papers and I'm listed as next of kin and they want to bring them to me so they can say that attempts were made to serve them.. ok..

I got in touch with his mother in law, who he still lives with, even though his wife (her daughter) has moved out and already has a boyfriend I digress. She says she has no idea what it could be but it is definitely not divorce papers. I gave her the numbers to pass along to him so he can get in touch with these people and I said I know he's not going to want to deal with it but he can't ignore a court summons, it's best if he deals with this head on..

I did what I could do.. and she did say to me, not to be nosey but is it true that no one in your family cares about him? I said it was complicated because of things in the past and left it at that.. I don't really know what to say..

The truth is I don't want to reach out right now because I don't have the ability to help him.. when I finish school and I'm not living with my mother, maybe I can.. My mother says she shouldn't have to.. She says he will end up killing himself or in jail and that she has already come to terms with that.. She doesn't want to help him, and I can't right now..
Old 03-29-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

You know... when I got off the phone earlier I tried to call my mom.. because I honestly didn't know if it was regarding father or brother.. they finally did tell me birth year, plus I had to assume father would have closer next of kin, having had other children after us.. But mom didn't answer when I called and I'm just gonna tell her when she asks that I don't remember what I was calling for. I don't want to get in to it. She will just say some crap l like I've washed my hands of it.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Is this Brexit Day?
I'm afraid so.

BC I think you acted responsibility, they will catch up with him eventually.

SoberTDragon it sounds wonderful where you are.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all
Old 03-29-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Today I arrived at work at 8:50 and left for home 11 hours later. I have a backlog of typing - 80 letters on the system. I had requested some help while I was on holidays which never happened. I am somewhat annoyed as I am always eager to help others - like a fool. I am panicking now. If I could do 20 a day for 4 days in between all the other things I have to do that might be ok.

No beds again today as the ED was overflowing. One of the doctors was on the rampage as there was an emergency transfer from someplace else - I honestly thought the procedure would take place in the ambulance. Now he's threatening to cancel all the outpatient clinics as he has no access to beds.

It's been an interesting time for me to see what happens at a hospital from the other side. I have only been in one when I had to go to the ED myself as a result of my drinking. Sad, isn't it?

I had lunch with one of the women I used to work with upstairs. She told me that a new girl has started there. She said that "she reminds me a bit of you. Very 'with it' and eager to muck in". Hmmm well that's nice as I never heard that about myself before.

The only thing is I know I'm getting bigger from sitting down for a large portion of the day. It's easy to start picking at snacks when you are stuck with the endless typing. My friend told me not to worry about it because "you still look good and you seem happier. " Still I've never had to worry about my weight in my life. I remember when I first got sober I was so skinny my brother saw me in a pair of shorts and called me "chicken legs". Also sad isn't it?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

You are doing okay Tetra.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Well I am finding things are hard going right now. I had the theatre list all done up for Friday then the doctor came to me with an emergency admission from his private clinic. I don't know many details except "malignant" was written on the letter so I had to take someone else off the list. His private patients drive me insane. I phoned the patient to tell them that they have to call me Thursday afternoon to make sure that there is a bed available. They said "oh I thought there would be a bed booked for me". I said "unfortunately not. This is a public hospital".

My mother phoned me today to complain. I told her that I do not want to hear any more about the will or the legal proceedings because it makes me feel ill but she says she needs to talk to someone and I'm the only one she's got. Even though my dad told her to leave me out of it.

Anyway I don't want to go into too many details about my famity. My dad worked in the legal field for many years. My aunt called them today to say that the solicitor phoned her to tell my parents that she does not want my dad to set foot in her office ever again. (My dad is a nice man). But anyway he is writing another letter and wants to get rid of this solicitor entirely as she does not have every ones best interests at heart.

I am not drinking now but I have been smoking and eating chocolate. I was trying to stop smoking as almost every letter I type has "this patient has to stop smoking" mentioned somewhere. I have cut back to a couple in the evening. And usually when I have had an awful day.

So that's where I'm at today. Still hanging in.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

You are doing well, Tetra
Old 03-29-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouragement
Old 03-29-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That sounds like a tough day Tetra. Good luck with all those letters.

Goodnight friends.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I can relate to the smoking dilemma Tetra, I have nine days and I'm smoking a lot and it worries me.

I had a doctors appointment and she asked me so you smoke for ten years now and gave me a look that was equivalent to so you had been eating rat poison for ten days ah?

It's awful I know it's bad I'm just so restless and anx
Old 03-29-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Oops anxious. I'm in bed and I'm sober so thank you God I guess.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have a desk job but I also manage to move about as I support a manufacturing plant that spans a square city block. Constant snacking was an issue that I had managed to get under control until I stopped drinking. Guess it's time I started addressing that issue again.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

So it was inevitable, Today our hosts took us to a bar for a drink. I had some warning and was prepared but also surprised that as we walked to our table I had to tell myself "No I am not having an alcoholic drink". I planned on a cranberry juice with soda water and stuck with it. But boy, for a moment there the thoughts snuck in. Your on holidays, in a great place, you feel good, you should do it. shut up.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good morning SW - it may be raining outside here but its a beautiful day X