Notices

Fell of the Wagon

Old 03-04-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on getting back on the wagon OscarDoes. 30 was a good effort so maybe you just need a few tweaks to your plan. Maybe next time you are under stress try to remember how much of a "help" this last bout of drinking was to relieving that stress, not much most likely.

Good luck.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OscarDoes View Post
Just got super stressed out and did not manage it well. Funny I don't crave alcohol, but it is my go when the going gets tough.
I found it helped me to plan ahead and come up with a few things I could do to manage my stress the next time it hit me. I have found personally that exercising is great for working off stress and in the last couple months I have come here a lot when feeling it.

You will need a plan, as stress will hit you. Think ahead and if you are proactive in this it can help a lot.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day Five - Amen. Armed with Mineral Water, Espresso, and Chocolate Chips. Hey, I admit it is not easy, but last week at this time I was in a rough, drunk, state.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey, here is my NEW, SOBER, OBITUARY. Oscar passed quietly, surrounded by his loving family. After he left the corporate world he started the first national dog rescue franchise that ensure every dog had a home, he was an avid believer that small business changes america and opened up the Oscardoes Institute. Because of his love for travel, his foundations enables needy and willing children to visit foreign countries in the world. Lastly, his commune remains the premiere art, culture and healing center in the west. From the Obit I was able to work backwards and build out my life plan.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by comtnman740 View Post
Someone in a meeting recently shared this. Maybe i need to do this. I'm sure it can be very sobering.
It was useful for me since I had already detoxed myself a few times and had spent much time doing therapy in Boulder called Brain Spotting. All were very useful, but nothing prepared me to make a go forward plan. I needed to re-inspire myself. I had lost my passion. The obits (old and new) reminded me of my final goals in life. Then I just worked backwards. Now this process will take me a while and keep my busy.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Congratulations on getting back on the wagon OscarDoes. 30 was a good effort so maybe you just need a few tweaks to your plan. Maybe next time you are under stress try to remember how much of a "help" this last bout of drinking was to relieving that stress, not much most likely.

Good luck.
I am going to print this out and post by my computer. (and update my plan) Thank you.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OscarDoes View Post
Right Six bottles of vodka, bruises from who knows what, a swollen eye, a few cheats along the way as the week progressed. Now to move on.
I was going to delete this. But NO WAY. Good reminder.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic Oscar!! Keep it going!!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 6 - Made it - though it was not easy. Foggy head, forgetful, and felt off. A lot of self talking today in the car . Thank you all for your support.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Awesome Oscar! Really enjoyed reading this thread I really like the obit. That is a neat idea. I like your drive. I know you can do this.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 14 in the bank. I was concerned about being alone with my partner traveling. But I took SR's advice and made a plan. It worked. I am spacey - but sober
Old 03-15-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sober Day #39

Hi OscarDoes,

Thank you for the ideas of writing the 2 obituaries, and then building one's life plan by working backwards from the new sober obit.
This is brilliant! It was exactly what I needed to read today.

Someone on another thread wrote something about replacing the time we used to spend drinking
(which for me was every evening starting at about 6 PM until I went to sleep)
with new activities-----that we are not just quitting drinking, we are starting a whole new life and learning new things.
This all fits together.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 2 weeks Oscar

D
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're amazing, Oscar. Nicely done.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daucuscarota View Post
Sober Day #39

Hi OscarDoes,

Thank you for the ideas of writing the 2 obituaries, and then building one's life plan by working backwards from the new sober obit.
This is brilliant! It was exactly what I needed to read today.

Someone on another thread wrote something about replacing the time we used to spend drinking
(which for me was every evening starting at about 6 PM until I went to sleep)
with new activities-----that we are not just quitting drinking, we are starting a whole new life and learning new things.
This all fits together.
I think starting at the end of what we want out of life, is a good way to re-frame our past and focus on the future. The goals I set mean more to me than my Vodka! Happy I could help.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 29 sober. Amen.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!! 29 days... thanks for being an inspiration!!!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Oscar

D
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Great job Oscar!!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I like to think of this path as a lifelong adventure. Sometimes we fall off the wagon. Its not the goal, but it can happen. Dust yourself off, get a plan in order, reach out when it gets bad and know that you can do this. Having one month is a great accomplishment and no matter what you still have that time. Good work. This can be turned around at any moment. Keep on keeping on!