Notices

I relapsed and I'm so ashamed.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Choosing to drink was never a good option for me but I certainly did it many times after I had sworn off liquor for good. Of course, like many I thought this time will be different. I've learned my lesson(s).

I went from liquor to only wine, only beer, only Saturday, only weekends, only holidays.......it always ended up the same. Only days that end in y........

At some point I lost the ability to drink normally and once the switch is flipped - well, we know what's next.

Today I understand under no circumstances can I take that first drink - it's not he caboose that kills me, it's the engine. I simply can't get on the tracks.
Win or lose, good day or bad, holiday or not I had to remove the option.

Today is day 997 - nothing special with me. Just hit my head hard enough and long enough to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Choosing to drink was never a good option for me but I certainly did it many times after I had sworn off liquor for good. Of course, like many I thought this time will be different. I've learned my lesson(s).

I went from liquor to only wine, only beer, only Saturday, only weekends, only holidays.......it always ended up the same. Only days that end in y........

At some point I lost the ability to drink normally and once the switch is flipped - well, we know what's next.

Today I understand under no circumstances can I take that first drink - it's not he caboose that kills me, it's the engine. I simply can't get on the tracks.
Win or lose, good day or bad, holiday or not I had to remove the option.

Today is day 997 - nothing special with me. Just hit my head hard enough and long enough to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Hello, Fly

Day 997!!! My goodness, I can't even fathom getting as far as you. Absolutely incredible. I guess I shouldn't think about the bigger picture - just take it one day at a time.

Your story gives me inspiration. Thank you so much.