Notices

3 and out

Old 01-09-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I like your plan letitgo!

I travel for work as well, and I've found that heading back to my room after dinner, or even staying in and just getting room service is actually a lovely way to spend the night! I started taking lots of relaxing baths and reading again - I forgot how much I enjoyed time to myself! I try and keep the work related things to either coffee or lunch so there's not much temptation to drink during dinner. Online meetings have been fantastic too. I'm in different time zones a lot so having someone to call can be tough, but with this site and online meetings it kind of makes everything possible! Even if I don't have time to stay for the whole thing, jumping in for a few minutes just seems to get my mind in the right place.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hiya Let

Oh wow ,did your post hit home with me. I've been trapped in this cycle for months,

It was the day 3 thing with me. I just couldn't get past it. I knew if I could get to a week I would stand a chance of recovering , but after that 3 day absence of alcohol I just had to have it .my body was craving it.

Well, after what feels like a bloody lifetime this time in. I've finally got to 2 weeks today.

I have faith in you ,my friend, I know you can beat this.

My mind is clearer, my face is clearer, my eyes are brighter, my hair is shiny, I've lost 3 kilos . I can actually feel my body healing.

The best thing is I've lost that bloated look and feel a little more attractive again after feeling that this was the end and I'm gonna die looking like a piece of shite and that I don't care.

We just can't think normally with a drinking brain.

I really wish you well lovely. I'm always here for a chat and you're always welcome back to Julyers , we miss you

Xox
Old 01-17-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hesitate to offer advice at such an early stage for me, but just as a matter of simple fact, there are AA groups in pretty much any town you care to name. Google is your friend! I had almost a year under my belt a while back and had to travel around the UK for a bit for family reasons. There were meetings everywhere - and they were all welcoming.

Not pushing AA, but as you mentioned it..
Old 01-17-2017, 12:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going letitgo?

D
Old 01-17-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

On to day two. Been feeling terrible in the cycle. Trapped like a slave. Reminds me why I get out in the past. I have been getting in exercise and reading a lot. I feel bad posting and falling down so many times lately. Going to really strive, work on my plan and do one day at a time.

I dumped my stash so that was a great step.
Thanks for checking on me Snoozy Q and Dee!
Old 01-17-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post

My longest running was 10 months but I folded.

I am working on a new plan and open to suggestions....
You had a good sober run with your 10 months.
That more than proved that you can do it, yet again .
Suggestions -- taking into account that you work.
An AA meeting each day either before or after work?
Get an AA Sponsor who studies the AA Big Book.
Come to this site and check in several times each day.
Some will even enjoy church service and bible studies?
Seems spiritual recovery is of most importance?
M-Bob
Old 01-17-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

" I don't have time for AA because I work too much"

There's no real set time requirement for AA. If time to travel to/from meetings is an issue there are 2 online meetings/week here (though I think they're general recovery meetings, not specifically AA), and there are also phone meetings and online meetings other places. Just a heads up about some options
Old 01-17-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It took me a long time to be able to stay sober let.....and I know that I felt very ashamed, and I wondered if I could ever do this. Not giving up is what got me here, and that's what you are doing.

And the exercise is wonderful, as is the reading.
Every healthy activity we add to our lives makes us stronger, and helps us to be happier.

And once again, I am so very glad you are back with us.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I personally spent more time on my drinking career than most anything else. Working 50 hours a week and emptying a 5th a night was my life. Since I retired the bottle I've returned to my family, church and hobbies with plenty of spare time for AA meetings. My early days of sobriety, I found changing my routine (habit) and attending a meeting and sometimes 2 a day helped break the cycle I was in. After a while the physical cravings went away, now it's a daily reprieve based on my spiritual condition. Recovery must come first, the options for an alcoholic of MY type were few, institutions(prison/hospital), death or recovery is about it. I choose recovery with the help of God, all things are possible!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

^^^ Awesome post. And welcome!