What's your size? New Year's Weekender 16 - 17

Old 01-04-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes LadyBlue - I hope all your good work will be taken into account

D
Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I am praying that they show mercy to you, LB.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

No matter what happens, you will feel so much better when you know what you will be facing, LB. I know this has been a very challenging time for you - I remember when you first posted and you were very scared, confused, and upset. I know that feeling so well - I had my own legal challenges. By the time I got to court for my sentencing, I had been sober for over 6 months, and I was feeling so much better about myself that I took my sentence in stride. I did my 2 weeks of jail time and some house arrest, knowing I was getting off pretty easy. It wasn't fun, far from it, but when it was over I was a changed person. I knew I'd never be in that position again, because I would never drink again. What a great feeling that was.

I know you are there by now. I hope you check in later to tell us how it went. Prayers going out to you.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

LB Best wishes and a big
Old 01-04-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I am back.

I realize I got lucky. Can I be honest and say that I was hoping for less than the below which I know is extremely wrong of me? I almost feel ashamed admitting that but I can be honest with you guys.

Deferred sentence, I have to return on Jan 5th 2018 to court

Will end up doing alternative sentencing for one weekend sometime Feb 2018

$600 fine

Pled guilty to OUI

Loss of license after sentencing next year for 150 days (I can get the device after 30 is served)

They also gave me the option to not do the deferred and spend a week in jail, right now. In other words, report to our local jail today. Same charges, same fine, same loss of license. It's a trade so I just end up doing the alternative sentencing.

It could have been worse, far worse. I am glad it's over.

Onward and Upward. Done with alcohol and good things have come from this, that's my focus.

Thanks for all the good karma you guys sent. Much love to you all for being my family and helping me get through the crap, even though I'm the one that created it. I don't know how I'd get through without you guys.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Glad you now know what you are facing. I was also hoping for less than I got - and I felt bad wishing for that - so I know what you mean. I made that particular bed, and I had to lie in it, I knew that, but I was hoping the judge would see all the work I had done and reduce the sentence. He didn't.

Yes - onward and upward. If you can see that good things have come from the whole experience, you are winning.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hugs LadyBlue. You have been really inspiring to a lot of people, shame that couldn't be taken into consideration but at least the uncertainty is over

Old 01-04-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Deferred sentence, I have to return on Jan 5th 2018 to court
That's not too bad, depending on whether or not they allow you to withdraw the OUI guilty plea then. I'm assuming the alternative weekend sentence is community service or alcohol education/treatment? You can handle that. Just be polite, and don't argue with the staff.

Either way, you do not want to do anything wrong between now and January 5, 2018. It is a year of probation, and they can throw the book at you if you violate it, so dot your i's, cross your t's, and pay any additional fines on time.

You'll get through this, and you have plenty of time to plan for the 30 day driving license suspension, before you get the interlock breathalyzer device installed. That may be embarrassing, but you have time to research discreet devices that are not obvious.

Until then, you are an angel, got it?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

At least this part is over and you know what's in front of you.

Vent away during the coming months as freely as you need to!
Old 01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
LadyBlue - As others've said -the uncertainty is over and you can breath out and have a good night sleep today.

Sao - Thank you for advice about the tiles. I surfed Internet for some more price-friendly options, narrowed them down to 5, though almost when crazy. Tomorrow I will make calculations and narrow to 3. It just takes too much of my brain space now, and as much as it makes me sad that I can't buy what I want for my first apartment, it's time to move on.

Have a great day/night, everyone!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Merry Christmas for tomorrow MidnightBlue
Old 01-04-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Night guys xx
Old 01-04-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Goodnight petals
Old 01-04-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Glad you now know what you are facing. I was also hoping for less than I got - and I felt bad wishing for that - so I know what you mean. I made that particular bed, and I had to lie in it, I knew that, but I was hoping the judge would see all the work I had done and reduce the sentence. He didn't.

Yes - onward and upward. If you can see that good things have come from the whole experience, you are winning.
Why do we do that? I guess I can only equate it to being a kid that thinks that cleaning their room is going to get them special favors or leniency on a forthcoming punishment. It doesn't matter, regardless I fully plan to carry on with all and more than I was doing.

Just, what sense does this make?

I get my work license back whenever the local DEEP finishes my paperwork.
March 8th I get my full license back.

Then, next year, after 10 months of having a full license they are going to take it away for another 150 days. What sense does that make?

Ah, it's over.

Time for bed, I think I'm going to get the best night's sleep I've had in a long time.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe when it gets to Jan2018 they'll look over the case again and see no reason to take the licence away again LB.

hope springs eternal

D