Notices

I'm having a horrible week, want to drink it away.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
under new management

Jeff, now is the time to flex your sober muscles.

Drinking will be one more problem on top of the pile if you give in to the AV.

And I know you know this.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jeff, awesome for reaching out! Each time that I relapsed I came here AFTER instead of before. Loads of great advice here. One thing that I've learned from my "slips, glitches, relapses" whatever you want to call them... Is that it's just the first few hours that I enjoyed. After that it's all crap. Only to wake up the next morning hating myself, guilt, shame, remorse, yada yada yada. With each time I drank, my cravings came screaming back and closer together

How about you take a hot shower and call it a night. Look at your troubles with a fresh set of eyes in the morning.

I have been where you are many times and not ONE SINGLE TIME was it a good idea to drink. Not ONE. Even if I was the only one who knew I drank. I still knew and hated myself for it.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff,

Sorry you are having a rough day, but you know how much worse it will be if you wake up hungover tomorrow. All the issues will still be there and you will be dealing with them with a fight head and any other awful hangover effects.

You have made so many positive choices over the past few months. Are you enjoying your new job? I am sure jumping into a real estate career was stressful, but I also think you have the outgoing personality that will allow you to be successful in this field.

Do you have plans with your wife this weekend?

Focus on the many positive things you have in your life, and check in to let us know how you are doing.

❤️ Delilah
Old 10-07-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jeff , i'm jumping in and adding my thoughts to all of the great advice . you came here first which is brilliant . Let us be your family for a bit ,imagine us all beside you sober and straight offering love and support . I for one would be making you a scrumptious cappuccino and a warm home baked scone .
Old 10-07-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This whole issue was building all week, and yesterday when I read that comment from our association (its in my other post) I kind of short circuited. There are some very vindictive people around here and it hit me.

Yesterday I needed SR to lean on, and reached out a couple times.

Today is a new day and I've already accomplished much. Working again this weekend hosting open houses...so I'm happy.