Notices

Pre-meditated drinking

Old 08-19-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

let's see if this works... this is what you are talking about.....

.............. ..............

one more vote not a good idea .. ekekekkeekekekek
Old 08-19-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't...

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
We were never everyday drinkers. But episode drinkers. When we drink there is an episode.
I can relate to this. As horrible as I feel now at just under two days -- a part of me thinks this might actually be the easy (relatively) part. The HARD hard part will come when I feel better and those illusions of control come creeping back into my mind.

Even though it's become clear that I never will have that kind of control with alcohol, I've fought it. I've made plans to pace myself, avoided hard liquor, ate food, etc. Of course, it never works -- and the next day I find myself dealing with the humiliating consequences of my latest "episode." Trust me, they've been getting uglier and uglier.

Go with what your gut is telling you...
Old 08-19-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

The plan to give yourself a "pass" is permission to drink, which will wreck the two weeks you've built up. And who knows how long it will take to get back to sobriety after the slip? For some it takes months, even years to find the way back to sobriety. Are a few drinks worth that?

Incidentally, I love being sober at concerts now. Why? Because I can remember them. I can't tell you how many amazing shows and concerts I've been to that I can't remember. Now I remember everything. What songs were played, how they sounded, what the band members wore, what kinds of gear they used and what was said on stage. My memory of drunken concerts of the past is an empty blur. Many of my favorite artists- and I can't remember any of it. All for a buzz.

Don't wreck your sobriety. Don't "give yourself a pass" or you'll end up hurting yourself and your chance at sobriety.