Notices

Be as you are Weekender August 5th Part 1

Old 08-04-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

So you went to the party and then back to work, Sao?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am starting a month long course for work online. I am not a programmer but a software designer and I suck at the programming tasks. So I set myself up with a guy in Russia who is an amazing programmer. Ha... This class is world wide so lots of people all over the globe will think weasel is smaat. Intense but fun!

OK... Off to read in the corner. Won't be long till I am crying in that very same corner and sucking my thumb over this crap. Wish me luck!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

OKAY! I just put the deposit down on a women's sober retreat in BALI for next August!!! SO EXCITED!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

WAR!

Today, Aug. 8, 2016 - a date which will live in infamy - the Garden Of The Peaceful Grounds Of LBrainia was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the forces of the Evil Empire of Japanese Beetles.

The Garden was at peace with the world and, as a humming bird was peacefully utilizing the bounty of flowers, the initial damage and devastation was being observed as the enemy forces continued to attack and inflict damage on the inhabitants of the GOL.

This unprovoked attack will not go unanswered. Those lost or injured in this initial attack will not go unremembered. I resolve on this day to bring all my forces to bare so that I may destroy this army with full prejudice, and no remorse.

Missus Lbrain woke up over an hour ago, and she made a miraculous recovery. She has a final today so she better be healed, she needs to use her brain today...

Welp, now that I have more than one mission as I head out...

A song from one of my favorite albums:
Old 08-04-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Bali?
*****oooooooooooooooooo!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

This one of those once-in-a-lifetime things.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jay z Meets Toto's Africa - such a awesome remix enjoy with the original hook
Old 08-04-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Nice Still Pic on that novel Vid, SDub. Thanx for that Music...

Drove that area a few Years back with prior small Camp Trailer in tow. Monument Valley in S.E. Utah. Director John Ford made it 'famous' when he started using Locations there in any number of John Wayne Westerns. With that Hollywood connection well entrenched many Decades ago, I'm convinced the Artists for my fav Roadrunner Cartoons had to have drawn inspiration from those Formations.

Clouds and sputtering Rain here for the next several Days. I call it 'Scotland Without The Airfare'. Love it! We got this monster Awning on the Trailer we're sitting out under w/MesaDog. Sly & The Family Stone on the Radio from the Public Radio Station that speaks to my Inner Bart Simpson: KBUT.

Rather than chance Boondocking this Weekend in the possible Mud at another Reservoir as I'd first thought, we're gonna scoot to another Loop of paved Sites here, and Boogie Down Off-Grid. Electricity? We don't need no stinkin' Electricity! Plus, great Folks around here, along with innumerable Fishing spots.

Superb Intro, Ken. For me, The Good News is the same as The Bad News. The Inner Me emerges when I'm not Drinking.

- Monument Valley Pix -

A lil Coffee Drinkin' Music from Prince...

- 'Cream' ~ Prince ~ Live -
Old 08-04-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

yay Marty!! That's awesome!!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I want to have a weekend sober. I am so sick today. On Tuesday I drank only a little and felt fine the next day. Yesterday I drank a lot and I am paying for it. So much. Headache, dry skin, tired, sick, brain dead (seriously dumb), vision off, hot and flushed. The dry skin thing (especially my hands) drives me crazy, it feels weird. I am at work though, can't call in at this job. Wish I could listen to the songs posted. Have to do it when I get home. If I don't just crash first thing. I have so many excuses why I can't seem to get any time together this time around. I need to stay on here this weekend. That seems like a manageable goal. Is this the place to check in throughout this weekend?

BTW I know what you mean about "the real me" ...for me it's not about being real, but about getting relief from myself. I am never satisfied with how I feel mentally. And I am painfully awkward socially. Drinking gives me a break from myself, but one or two is NEVER enough. Now I hate myself even more.

I will be more positive tomorrow. If only slightly. Lots of things to look forward to... IF I don't drink. When I drink, life is a damn chore. Must remember.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Classy.
Timeless.
Sounds incredible on E34L's.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Someone just kill me please.
This afternoon I was forced to sit through a 2 hour meeting. Two hours of torture because someone didn't want to collect a patients file for someone else and things escalated.
Well my dad said "welcome to the real world".
Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Tetra.
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken

I'm on!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Brittany, hang around here and post as much as you want. Welcome to the Weekenders.

There are many good threads around the forums. Are you posting daily to a "Class" thread? That was really helpful for me in early days. I also posted in the 24 Hour thread for the first year - every day. There is also a "One Year and Under," thread (Undies.)

I think for me it was important to read everything whenever I could regarding sobriety, alcoholism, codependency, spirituality, anxiety. They all play a part in my life.

Keep posting!! Stick close.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tetra I had a brutal meeting 2 hour meeting yesterday too. Each one we experience helps us prepares for the next. I personally hate conflict of any kind. It's certainly been a learning process which is making me stronger each time I experience it.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey. Where is MNL???

Thinking of you, come back.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't let that meeting get to you Tetra, it sounds like it was about something you would have done, the helping out.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Brittany, hang around here and post as much as you want. Welcome to the Weekenders.

There are many good threads around the forums. Are you posting daily to a "Class" thread? That was really helpful for me in early days. I also posted in the 24 Hour thread for the first year - every day. There is also a "One Year and Under," thread (Undies.)

I think for me it was important to read everything whenever I could regarding sobriety, alcoholism, codependency, spirituality, anxiety. They all play a part in my life.

Keep posting!! Stick close.
Bim said Undies .... haha haha

Bim is right though Brittany.

MNL might be hiding with Jen.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders WiggleIn

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
So you went to the party and then back to work, Sao?
Yes Marty - i stayed for an hour and a quarter. Job done

Nearly home time

Bad luck with the beetles LB, maybe the birds will find them tasty