Notices

Be as you are Weekender August 5th Part 1

Old 08-04-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
LB, you never fail with the food photos
haha, it goes back to a day I asked who wants me to make them lunch every day, and MLD said, me me me...
well, that is the last lunch for a while, she has the next six days off so I won't be making 'lunch'. And with a visitor until the end of August, I'll be occupied I'm sure...
did a quick check on the plants - no beetles present for now... the ones from earlier are "swimming" in a bucket of soapy water...

I need to mix up a potion to spray my hibiscus and other flowers.... I forgot to stop to see if wally world had cedar balls... no jokes please...
Old 08-04-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I forgot to stop to see if wally world had cedar balls... no jokes please...
No promises.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Had a rough week. On Tuesday, my power went out. Which was odd, because my neighbors' houses all had power so I knew it wasn't an issue that was effecting the entire complex. I paid my bill, but I always give my money to my landlord and she in turn pays the electric company. So I called my landlord (aka "Administradora") and it turns out that she forgot to pay the bill on my behalf. So I was without power for 24 hours - luckily my neighbor is out of town so I was able to use her house and fridge to store my food, and power up my computer, cell phones, etc. But still. Sucked.

Then I got some strange threatening letter via e-mail from my old optomitrist (who I haven't seen in 8 years!). I'd ordered some new contact lenses online, and she was complaining (IN ALL CAPS) that she was being pestered by the manufacturer to confirm my old prescription. I guess the manufacturer made a mistake and was using my old information and contacted the wrong person. Anyway, she was extremely rude and said that she'd take legal action, blah blah blah, if I didn't stop! It's crazy because all I did was order some contacts with a valid prescription, and the company made a mistake. She assumed that I was somehow trying to "beat the system" and order them illegally. So not only did I not get my contact lenses, I also got that rotten threat from a woman who was clearly having a bad day herself.

Also, I bought a piece of pie yesterday at a great bakery. Then, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and forgot that I'd left my piece of bakery pie in the bottom of the basket. Came home....no pie! Arrrrgh!

Woe is me. Thank god the weekend is here. Screw it, I'm going back for another piece of pie tonight and I'm coming right home with it. No stopping, no dawdling. Pie. Then home. Then stuff face with said pie.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Food Pix and Cedar Balls caused me to say 'Cedar Balls' out loud like the Swedish Chef on The Muppets. Give it a try at Home. It's good to know a Foreign Language.

- Swedish Chef ~ The Muppets -

I wandered around here, and just paid up front for our next Campsite that I reconned. On a fantastic rise with a superb view of the Reservoir, and surrounding Buttes. 64 F [18 C] and 72% Humidity now in periodic Rain. Feels mighty fine after the recent heat at MesaVille.

You're onto something, BigS; what with dealing with Life's Pissers so well. We've always said: 'Don't Drink Over It'. How about the positive converse of that: 'Eat Pie Over It'. Or, 'It Was Something To Eat Ice Cream Over'...

Speaking of Karma - as was done here recently - MesaDog is experiencing The Good Stuff. Someone left him a perfectly good Ball to play with.

- 'Good Golly Miss Molly' ~ Little Richard ~ Live -

Old 08-04-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
How about baby badgers, Marty?
dawwwww...

Too bad they aren't so cute when they grow up and get mean and nasty.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

on the late bus today but still riding the sober route
Old 08-04-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

That stir fry looks really good, Brain. I had a bowl of cereal for lunch.
And it wasn't even cinnamon life, because it's my son's favorite, too, Brynn, and we are out.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm getting only the bare minimum done at work today. I keep getting distracted by pictures of Bali on the internet.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Sorry to hear about the power and other bad situations BigS.

I hope you are victorious in your war against the beetles LB.

Enjoy the RVing MM, Mrs MM, and MesaDog.

Bali trip sounds tres cool Marty.

Best of luck with the software engineering 10001111000011 K!

Greetings everyone else! A warm welcome to any new folk, undies, or otherwise joining us this weekend.

B
Old 08-04-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Be as you are has made me think of this song by Nirvana

Old 08-04-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm getting only the bare minimum done at work today. I keep getting distracted by pictures of Bali on the internet.
I first read that as .... pictures of Ball ....
Old 08-04-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Bali sounds fantastic Marty. What a great thing!

Awww, baby badgers! They are so cute. But probably not so cute when they grow up.

Moving right along. BigS, you're fortunate that the neighbor had electricity. That would stink to lose your groceries. Sorry about the pie though.

And harassing phone calls? I keep getting texts from my stupid car insurance people. I have to call them. Ok. Just got off the phone with them. I got a text; "Please call as soon as possible." Oh, we were just calling to find out when you can come into the office to review your policies and update your information. They made it sound like an emergency.

Back to work.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Eye Candy...

- Pictures Of Bali -
Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Received a phone call from daughter 1, grandaughter Cyra had MMR and meningitis vaccines today and has been raising hell ever since. Older grandaughter Chloe has broken one of her dad's drums so all is going swimmingly for the newlyweds

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Sao, did you put your feet up on the desk?
Metaphorically I most certainly did Ruby, the dog days of August are always quiet

Did somebody mention Badgers?

Old 08-04-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

speaking of eye candy, I had a pic of some butts to post for Mesa since he is surrounded by them... but then I remembered... so........
wally-world didn't have balls, they had cedar rings... serve the same purpose, now to start my witches' brew to spray on my plants... we'll see if this actually works...

whatever made me think of this little ditty...
it is the bar-b-q season after all...
Old 08-04-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I need to mix up a potion to spray my hibiscus and other flowers.... I forgot to stop to see if wally world had cedar balls... no jokes please...
Maybe that should be Woody World?

Oh no jokes sorry
Old 08-04-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

wow BigS - it's a good thing you know how to deal with this weirdness with a sober brain...
have some pie...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cherry pie.jpg (12.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 08-04-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
...holds the key

^^^^^You forgot the ice cream
Old 08-04-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey Deliza! Glad you found the Weekenders! Good place to hang out and a great place for support. Wish I could come help you move. I've done it so many times, I should go in business.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm in, guys!

And I'm going on the same retreat as Marty, woot woot! I think I'm going the week after her, though.

xoxo