Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 2

Old 07-23-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ouch! My post was lost too? Or I didn't write one? No matter.

Goodness, but finding this thread was a chore all day. I'm stupid from sleeplessness, but I couldn't find it in the forums. Meh, the weekend isn't over yet!

It's 7:21pm and I'm for sleep (praying, hoping, wishing). Wherever you are Weekenders, enjoy the evening. Maybe I'll be back later to tuck you in for the night!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Back from the Big City where it was a toasty 100 F [38 C] even.

Major Sushi for Lunch. Onto to a Hobby Store to get some Pix Framed. Next, got the G.E. Chest Freezer I wanted. Hauled it Home. $289- on Sale. 10.6 C.F.. 3 Baskets. Internal Light. The Large Deal for me: Super Insulation in Walls and Lid. Like, 4" thick. This means it's rated to run on $32- of AC for a Year. So, we're gonna get down with stocking up on Fruit, and Mass Quantity buying when convenient. This Insulation also means the Freezer will coast through multiple Days of any Power Outage.

Between the Swamp Cooler Water Control Valves that cost $4-; $7-; or $14-, I decided to go for the $14- one. All Bronze. Adjustable Float Rod position [that determines Water shut-off height], and very hefty construction. Being one to 'put the Pro back in Procrastination', I'll install it tomorrow. We cool now, and I don't wanna mess with success.

I'm lovin' your Lifestyle Progress, Tetra. This Adult Guano is A-OK, eh?

There was a fab Lightning Show last Night ~1.5 Miles away. Lavender Bolts, and Chest-thumpin', bassy Thunder on a cool - almost cold - breezy Night. Sat out under the Porch on Concrete. With Rubber Slip-ons. On a Scottish Teak Bench on a Cushion. With no Metal around.

I was gonna put up 'In The Out Door' by Zeppelin for Dee, but the Cover Art is a Bar. Anyhoo, 'In The Evening' is a good listen for a Sober Saturday Night...
Old 07-23-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My wife makes an excellent chicken nugget. Panko and mayonnaise are pArt of the coating. We are swamped in tomatoes right now. Heirlooms, slicers and cherries! Lots of tomato salads and panzanella!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Evening, guys. I'm home from work, showered, having an iced tea and leftover Chinese. Good stuff. Jazz playing on the Echo. Doggies snoozing nearby.

Husband took the nephew and nieces kayaking on the river. Lucy is heartbroken she was left behind. She traveled with them all day, so I thought she needed a break to rest.

It was a good work day. The regular clerk has been temporarily replaced with a male substitute. I enjoyed less yackety-yak going on in there. She talks too much and it's a distraction. It was nice to have someone who knows when to shut his mouth, lol.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

WTF! I lost another post… my stupid mouse pad has a mind of it’s own…

Well all the good things I was going to say I lost twice already…
Js… you can still get tomato plants at wallyworld or the home centers, it’s not too late…

Well, I’m just going to post a pic of the pepper burger I made then… snow peas are delicious and so is cauliflower, love cooking my own veggies… extra sharp provolone on the burger – tasty!

put in a full day outside - till 1845, showered and cooked dinner...
I'm ready for an evenings rest...
so good night y'all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pepperburger.JPG (77.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 07-23-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Brain what's a pepper burger?- and thanks I might just swing by walmart for a plant!

Mesa thanks for putting the celsius up for us non americans! That's some hot weather!!! Yikes!

Jen poor lucy! And I love listening to jazz at home.

I've been having a really great day off!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Look at all the chicken I made for my sister, mom and I!
Plus a huge salad- everyone has just been walking by it all day and snatching a piece- almost half gone now.
I think there were almost 20 pieces ha

Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I got a peach milkshake from Chik-fil-a today. Was kinda disappointing. The texture was great. Taste was good, but really needed more of a peach 'twang.' Just too sweet. Probably made from canned peaches. They should use frozen ones at least.

Now I need to make a homemade peach smoothie.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Looks delicious, Jen. Is it grilled?
Old 07-23-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hey guys your food pictures look delicious.

I was just at a barbecue at my friends' house and now everyone went to meet up at my brother's house to watch a movie ... and drink beer.

As I am tired and also back on day 1 again, I respectfully declined to join and instead stay home and relax with a nice book and SR!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So what's your new plan, Mike? What's going on? Why do you think you are drinking again?

Are you ready to stop drinking?
Old 07-23-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good choice mns

It is jen!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm drinking organic coconut water now. Hmm. Well, from concentrate. It's not as good as fresh young Thai coconut water. But it's pretty good. Better than a Gatorade.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
So what's your new plan, Mike? What's going on? Why do you think you are drinking again?

Are you ready to stop drinking?
Yes.

My problem at this point I think is not lack of a plan so much as it is me not committing to my plan. I would wake up hungover and tell myself "okay tonight no drinking no matter what" then when the time came around to buckle down the whole no matter what part would go out the window, I would avoid SR and give in to my AV.

Not today. I have taken more action today than I have in any other attempt at sobriety including making lists of reasons not to drink as well as all the ways my life will go downhill if I continue. And I feel the difference in my ability to deal with cravings.

Even just several minutes ago I got an urge and before it could really take hold of me I just said to myself, STOP. You do not need to listen to that voice. So I let my AV cry about it for a few minutes and then it passed.

Just trying to really stay mindful and vigilant of my inner dialogue and keep repeating those reasons not to drink.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Years ago I was in SMART Recovery for a while. We did this worksheet where you list the pros and cons. I think it was called a CBA -- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Pretty much just a list of all the pros of continuing to drink, the pros of quitting drinking, the cons of drinking, and the cons of quitting drinking. It was a sheet of paper with a big + sign on it, which split up the page into four sections.

Sounds like you did something similar with your list.

It was a powerful tool. I have continued to do it in my head years since. Really though, at some point, after you quit and stay quit for a while, there is this permanent, etched CBA sheet in the brain. For me, anyway.

Great job making that list, Mike. I hope it helps.

http://www.smartrecovery.org/resourc..._Worksheet.pdf

Last edited by Soberpotamus; 07-23-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added CBA worksheet link
Old 07-23-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good work Mike!

A peach smoothie does sound good--I live in orchard / wine country
so lots of peaches at stands everywhere at the moment
Thanks for the suggestion!

Night all. . . I'm plumb wore out from my power yoga and pool floating today
Old 07-23-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Thank you Soberpotamus I really think it has helped and I have literally been repeating it to myself all day long to keep myself sharp and constantly be aware of why I am not drinking.

I've seen CBA worksheets before and actually that's a good idea. I might do one myself to expand on what I've already done.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hawkeye, sounds like you live in a lovely place.

We have Chilton County peaches at roadside stands all over the place down here. I love peach season.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Upright Chicken. Tasty lookin'!

A lil Theme Music for you & BF, Jen.

Go-Go Dancing appears to be good Exercise.
- 'I Fought The Law' ~ Bobby Fuller Four -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 07-23-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

in.

Time to do cat chores, then I'm down for the count. Getting older is pretty great. No one can really fault you for going to bed early.