Notices

Hi Everyone - newbie here.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober Since July 9,2016

Hi Everyone - newbie here.

I'm sick and tired of the drinking, I'm sick and tired of the hangovers, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm sitting here with a massive hangover after a binge last night. I'm tired of waking up feeling ashamed and embarrassed because I over did it, and ended up doing something stupid.

I'm not an everyday drinker, but I drink at least 1 night every weekend and some times during the week if it's not going so well. I'm one of those where once I start, I can't stop until I'm completely hammered and make a complete fool of myself. My husband quit drinking about a year ago - I don't know how he did it, sheer will power which I do not have - but I need to stop as well.

I've been trolling these forums for at least a year thinking I need to quit, but I always find an excuse not too. I think now I'm ready and I need to become 100% sober, at least for my kids sake before I do something stupid that hurts them.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Welcome! I trolled for a while, too before I joined Get a plan, Dee will be along soon I'm sure with a link for it that will help.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you decided to post.

I went through the cycle you describe, too. Until I became an every day drinker. I was always either dunk or hungover. It was no way to live.
I could not stop once I started, too.
For me, the binges got closer and closer together, so I hope you can stop before you have to suffer needlessly like I did.

Best to you and I hope to hear more from you.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was in your shoes as well. Binge on the weekends, and and that then lead to drinking all day everyday, and feeling hung over or drunk everyday was no fun.
Good for you for getting help now! This sight is a tremendous resource--- lots of good peeps on here!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, LoriDori; you have a great place for support, understanding and encouragement; so glad you found us.

Here is the link to the thread Dee constructed regarding the importance of a plan:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst
Old 07-09-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here are a few other links to some SR threads that you may want to look into, LoriDori:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-146-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ts-better.html
Old 07-09-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sober style

Hi, LoriDori! SR can help you stay sober, all the best.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi LoriDori...I'm glad you posted and hope you stick around for support and encouragement!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lori, make a plan and keep posting here. In my own experience, that is how my drinking presented as well, a binge drinker once, then twice, I was up to three or four times each week when I joined SR, and it's helped so much. I've fallen and gotten back up, but this time I've made one of those plans that Dee talks about so much and I'm quite confident I can make it. I've made my own daily thread and post my plan in the morning and my gratitude in the evening. It's very therapeutic.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope the support here can help you get sober for good. It takes some effort and changes, but it's worth it.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and as others have said it's important to have a plan to get through each day. I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to a great place for encouragement, LoriDori.

When I came to SR I'd been drinking for decades. Once it was in my system I had no idea what might happen. Sometimes my reckless behavior led to danger. Always, the next morning was hell. I started out like you - a weekend drinker - but eventually my inability to stop led to 24/7 drinking. You don't want to risk that ever happening. Glad you're here - you can do it.